Total Days From AOS Packet Until NOA1: 16 Days

Total days for AOS packet sent to EAD & AP NOA2: 207 Days

Total Days for AOS NOA1 to EAD & AP NOA2: 190 Days

Total days for AOS packet including RFE to EAD & AP NOA2 = 193 Days

Total Days from AOS NOA1 including RFE to EAD & AP NOA2 = 179 Days

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
10 hours ago, Antriksh said:

Are there fewer people who get approval in 90 days and mostly it's 150 days? 

If you're talking about the whole K-1 process it's still around 5 months from filing petition to visa in hand. 

April 22, 2020 - I-751 sent

April 23, 2020 - I-751 received at Lockbox 

April 29, 2020 - Check cashed
??? - didn’t receive text or email confirmation. Ugh!

Just want to share, our case was ready at the USEM and I was on the process of scheduling for the interview, however the profile update wasn't letting me proceed indicating that they already have my details in their database. I do have an existing B1/B2 but it was processed in another country where I lived for a few years. Can't change the embassy location online and it keeps redirecting to that other country's consulate. Anyway, had to call the embassy helpline and they will be the one to reset the account and transfer it to the preferred location, you will just have to provide your UID. Was put on hold twice for about 3 minutes each while they're updating it, and the operator I talked to was quite nice and polite. It's all settled and got my appointment already! :)

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share the experience. I was on the verge of panic when it keeps on showing the wrong consulate and even tried creating a new account to no avail. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belgium
Timeline
4 hours ago, sunnyfLake said:

Just want to share, our case was ready at the USEM and I was on the process of scheduling for the interview, however the profile update wasn't letting me proceed indicating that they already have my details in their database. I do have an existing B1/B2 but it was processed in another country where I lived for a few years. Can't change the embassy location online and it keeps redirecting to that other country's consulate. Anyway, had to call the embassy helpline and they will be the one to reset the account and transfer it to the preferred location, you will just have to provide your UID. Was put on hold twice for about 3 minutes each while they're updating it, and the operator I talked to was quite nice and polite. It's all settled and got my appointment already! :)

Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share the experience. I was on the verge of panic when it keeps on showing the wrong consulate and even tried creating a new account to no avail. 

Good to know, as I had to fill that DS160 form (?) in for my J1, and was wondering if I would need to use that one as well. So that's a yes then. Mine has the same consulate, though.

Btw, does anyone know if they are fine with translating your own documents? (I'm fluent in both languages) I'm assuming they're not entirely fine with that?

If they don't approve, does it need to be a translator with a degree of translation, or is a native English speaker or anyone else fluent in both languages fine?

And also wondering about the marriage license once I arrive. On the state site it's quite vague about what you need to obtain a marriage license, as it talks about a  passport (or a few things that I will not have at that point). Is my regular passport with K1 inside fine for them? I think they might mean a US passport.

And has anyone had experience with how fast the marriage is possible? State site claims immediately, and I want to work as fast as I can, BUT it seems you somehow need an SSN for the rest of the marriage steps, and that SSN needs a waiting time of 2 weeks after entry (or you need the manual verification etc). So is it not useful getting married before that time?

Yes, I'm looking at the timeline from here, but if you click on, it becomes very complex, with a tax number being possible for some things like a bank account instead of an SSN, etc. Kinda overwhelmed here.

If anyone has their personal timeline who has just gone through it as fast as possible, that would be incredibly helpful. 

Edited by moosy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 3/25/2017 at 2:55 PM, Jon & Malen said:

Hi everyone! It's getting very close now and the anticipation is killing us. Malen's contract in Singapore has been renewed and she is worried now that her bosses are going to lose their money for the security bond and insurance that's required when you hire a Domestic Worker in SG. I keep telling her that the bosses didn't have to pay out everything at once and that its like a bank loan where you make monthly payments. Once she leaves their employ the bond and insurance ( and she leaves the country.) will be cancelled with no further obligation and unused portion of the months coverage may or may not be refunded. She could only have gotten a 30 day extension of her first contract which ends on April 7th and if we are fortunate enough to get our NOA2 by the week of the 7th it most likely is going to take longer than 30 days to get her police clearances from the Philippine and Singapore police depts. the last thing we want to do is for her to be in country on an expired work permit.

Malen still has not told her bosses that we are getting married because she's afraid that they will send her back to PI as soon as they know about it. The bosses love her cooking, cleaning  and she loves their Cat his name is Moon, that is going to be the hardest part of leaving. She is owed a trip home after her two year contract and she is going to gather her NBI clearance and hopefully when the bosses return her Passport to her she can hold onto it from now on so she has it when her interview time comes. At some point everything has to come out  and I have been trying to get her to tell them for a long time. they are pretty nice people and every time that she's opened up to them they have said " why didn't you tell us?" I know she's scared because this is a very big thing and she doesn't want to go back to PI except to visit. 

Sorry for the long post. I hope all of us get approved very soon! God Bless! 

Jon & Malen

We are in the same boat, my Philippina finace',  Grace,  is now in China as a OFW Nanny.  She will tell her boss after we are approved with the NOA

It's the right thing to do. You can't sneak out and get caught doing this Medical and Interview, and not expect them to be angry. Then again, after 9 years of service, I would hope they would be happy for you after the shock!  

You have a right to have a life, and move on to marriage with your own future family!  

Timeline
12 hours ago, ShanghaiSurfer said:

If you're talking about the whole K-1 process it's still around 5 months from filing petition to visa in hand. 

Hope we are next this week!!! 

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Roger & Grace said:

Hope we are next this week!!! 

I hope so too!!! Good luck :-)

Timeline
4 hours ago, moosy said:

Btw, does anyone know if they are fine with translating your own documents? (I'm fluent in both languages) I'm assuming they're not entirely fine with that?

If they don't approve, does it need to be a translator with a degree of translation, or is a native English speaker or anyone else fluent in both languages fine?

I suggest looking or even posting in Belgium portal. I believe translations may be country specific. For example, here in China we are instructed to go to a government notary for English translations for police report, single certificate, and orthodox certificate. I don't know if Belgium consulate is similar. 

Edited by ShanghaiSurfer

Timeline

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between March 27, 2017 and March 30, 2017*

OK,  Bring it on this week!!!!!!!  We are BOTH ready for this!!!!! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hoping to see many approvals in here this week! :)

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, Roger & Grace said:

Based on timeline data, your I129f may be adjudicated between March 27, 2017 and March 30, 2017*

OK,  Bring it on this week!!!!!!!  We are BOTH ready for this!!!!! 

Hello Roger and Grace, i have a question because I noticed that we have almost the same timeline. I checked yours that your NOA1 date was Dec 27 which was sent on 22? Is this the NOA1 date in the letter you received from post mail, or you meant 'received date by the USCIS? We both sent our file on Dec.22. :) (BTW, VJ works based on 'NOA1 Date letter', while USCIS works based on 'Received Date') Actually, this date system brings confusion to many VJ members as against the USCIS Tracking App. :(

I asked because i got so excited too when you said your case may be adjudicated anytime today til march 30. Whereas mine is on April 9 to April 12.

Here are my details: 

Sent our I129-F on Dec 22

USCIS received date on Dec 28 

NOA1 Date on Jan 9 

Estimate VJ adjudication Apr 9-12

:) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
4 minutes ago, AlohaDestiny said:

Hello Roger and Grace, i have a question because I noticed that we have almost the same timeline. I checked yours that your NOA1 date was Dec 27 which was sent on 22? Is this the NOA1 date in the letter you received from post mail, or you meant 'received date by the USCIS? We both sent our file on Dec.22. :) (BTW, VJ works based on 'NOA1 Date letter', while USCIS works based on 'Received Date') Actually, this date system brings confusion to many VJ members as against the USCIS Tracking App. :(

I asked because i got so excited too when you said your case may be adjudicated anytime today til march 30. Whereas mine is on April 9 to April 12.

Here are my details: 

NOA1 Date on Jan 9 

Also keep in mind that VJ is only based on its members updating timelines as VJ isn't tied into USCIS database. So I'm sure as members get approved and update their timelines around your date your estimated adjudication date may change rapidly. Wasn't sure if you were aware of that. Good luck to you. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brandon y Nadia said:

Also keep in mind that VJ is only based on its members updating timelines as VJ isn't tied into USCIS database. So I'm sure as members get approved and update their timelines around your date your estimated adjudication date may change rapidly. Wasn't sure if you were aware of that. Good luck to you. 

Yup im fully aware of the VJ estimate being changed or pushing back significantly. And that it is not tied up with USCIS database. I just wanted to ask Roger so we are both aligned to dating our respective VJ timelines coz i may be wrong with mine.

In fact, im more than ready to heard good news for our NOA2 by mid April to end of May having a 'Received Date' of Dec 28 (91days now) . Because I know for some cases, it is much more than that reaching 120-150 days. I'd rather lean towards Geo and Akesangel's daily stat than VJ's for some reason of not getting my hopes up. 

Anyway, with all this confusion we know we're all in this together hahaha... ??? Spreading good waiting vibes to everyone that we'll soon get there living with our sweethearts in due time. :) 

Thanks for wishing me luck. :) 

God bless. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
47 minutes ago, AlohaDestiny said:

Yup im fully aware of the VJ estimate being changed or pushing back significantly. And that it is not tied up with USCIS database. I just wanted to ask Roger so we are both aligned to dating our respective VJ timelines coz i may be wrong with mine.

In fact, im more than ready to heard good news for our NOA2 by mid April to end of May having a 'Received Date' of Dec 28 (91days now) . Because I know for some cases, it is much more than that reaching 120-150 days. I'd rather lean towards Geo and Akesangel's daily stat than VJ's for some reason of not getting my hopes up. 

Anyway, with all this confusion we know we're all in this together hahaha... ??? Spreading good waiting vibes to everyone that we'll soon get there living with our sweethearts in due time. :) 

Thanks for wishing me luck. :) 

God bless. 

Understood. I know the wait can be tough but hang in there. Things tend to happen when you least suspect them. Hopefully soon for you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlohaDestiny said:

Here are my details: 

NOA1 Date on Jan 9 

Dec 27 is the received date on the NOA 1 our paper letter in the mail was dated Jan 6th also on the USCIS paper. When we log into the USCIS site it said NOA 1 was received Dec 27th. The  estimated time is when we plugged those numbers in VJ  here.  Seeing how on that date there is what, 462 applications?   I would hope this week or next if we are lucky.   I was very thorough trying to get everything right checking 7-8 times.... OK, truthfully maybe 20-30.  Hahahaha

It's like OK, Roger, is it all there and correct?  I sure hope so!   I won't panic till maybe 3-4 weeks into April..... or at least I keep saying that to myself!   

Afterall, I am supposed to be the strong one, Grace is a nervous wreck! It's a very  big deal,  especially in Filipino culture!

Being approved validates all the hoops we both go through, it validates my trip halfway round the world to meet her. It  validates in a way this is real even though we know it is, and yet it can't define us, yet it's everything to be with the one you love and want to be with for the rest of your life!  

At the the end of the day, that should be the only reason we are here anyhow. One of Gods greatest gifts if I can be religious just a little bit is to "Love and Be Loved Back Unconditionally."  It's a mystery it happens when you think about it?  If you feel and find that, you will go through hoops, walk through fire, travel half way round the world, and get through this process!  I pray all of us can! And we will! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.