2,670 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
10 hours ago, amillimo said:

Yes I'm back I went to babados to see for my birthday. It was amazing.Now I'm back in the states going to school.We are in the process of filing our wavier for unlawful entry  ,which cost $900 dollars. I'm just ready for this too be over with and be with my soulmate❤️ SN the visa is been filed in Jamacia 

Same here ! Can't wait to get this over with ! Wavier is expensive 

im not to familiar with the process thou. I'm guessing you need a lawyer? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! January filer here. Got an RFE yesterday and was wondering if there's any December filers who got an RFE who has already gotten an approval? Would like to know how long it'll take to get an approval after we send our RFE response. I found answers on some forums but I was horrified when I read that people got their RFE response after 3-6 months. @_@

I-129F Sent: 01/17/2017
NOA1: 01/19/2017 (NOA1 status), 01/23/2017 (NOA1 letter received)
RFE: 04/28/2017 (RFE status), 05/04/2017 (RFE letter received)

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

05/22/2017 (123 days from NOA1/13 days from the date RFE response was received)

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

3 minutes ago, HazeyHaze said:

Hello! January filer here. Got an RFE yesterday and was wondering if there's any December filers who got an RFE who has already gotten an approval? Would like to know how long it'll take to get an approval after we send our RFE response. I found answers on some forums but I was horrified when I read that people got their RFE response after 3-6 months. @_@

I didn't get a RFE, but it depends. I've seen some get approved in a week after submitting it. Others long, just like with all other steps it just depends. I know the waiting sucks! 

Timeline
On 4/28/2017 at 3:29 AM, Roger & Grace said:

So, about our RFE.  (2 things) 

1) Pics - "Passport Style"  from both of us. (They gave exact instructions.) Done , check! 

2) Letter from Grace saying she [plans to "Marry me with 90 days" of her coming to the USA. Done, Check

(Make a copy of the instructions and what was asked for returned.)  

Mailed back today, certified mail to track it. 

OK....

Anyone who knows Philippine culture concerning taking pictures, (They are the highest country in the world using Facebook and sharing their lives, its like over 90% in pics.)  Anyhow, you should laugh at yourself(s) when you submit the "Passport Style Pictures."

Now understand Grace laughs and smiles like 24/7. Our submitted "serious" picture, no teeth showing, and her long hair pulled back with her ears showing too... It is hilarious!!!!  Of course after I had my own pic done, mine is pretty crazy as well.  I'd post it here, but she would KILL me. hahahahaha   Its like she is in a police line up! (Yes, I am ducking after I said that publicly here, but it's true!!)  hahahahahaha 

As far as her letter, what she wrote was just amazing!!!  Grace, in her words of love, missing me, and wishing to marry me within 90 days of getting here, with such gratitude that we met, and are a great match, and she is looking forward to being together for the rest of our lives.

OK, I am a guy, fiance', future husband... I feel so humbled, filled with love, yes even "grace by God,"  to be so blessed! Just how awesome it is that we found that special someone half way round the world .  (Thanks God,  I know I said I would go anywhere you lead me, from here in Fishers, Indiana, USA ... I just had no idea she would be half way round the world... hahahahaha)    Anywhooo ... I am going to make a copy of it!  Heck, I might even frame it to put in our house.  It literally made me happy, proud, and full of love, as perhaps the most romantic thing to read these eyes have ever seen.

I Love you Grace, I can't wait till your here...   And Grace, don't worry. I will not post our "Passport Style Pics!"  

I am sure many of you have stories like ours as well. please feel free to share here!        

This is so sweet, Roger. Hope you get an RFE response ASAP, and when you do, will you please let me know? We got an RFE yesterday so I don't know what it is for yet, but I am so anxious about the wait time for their response. I read on some forums that people got their response after 3-6 months. I don't know how my fiance and I will be able to wait that much longer as we want to get married before our birthdays (we're both November babies). :(

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Timeline
1 minute ago, Redheadguy03 said:

I didn't get a RFE, but it depends. I've seen some get approved in a week after submitting it. Others long, just like with all other steps it just depends. I know the waiting sucks! 

The 3-month wait for our case to be touched was already excruciating. :'( Really worried about this RFE. Having to wait another 3 (or 6!!!) months will be pure torture!

RFE Response Sent:

RFE Response Received:

NOA2:

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

READY Status:

Medical:

Psych Evaluation:

Interview:

Visa Received:

POE:

05/05/2017

05/09/2017

06/06/2017

06/12/2017

06/13/2017

06/23/2017

07/05/2017

07/12/2017 (APPROVED!)

07/19/2017

08/05/2017

Just now, HazeyHaze said:

The 3-month wait for our case to be touched was already excruciating. :'( Really worried about this RFE. Having to wait another 3 (or 6!!!) months will be pure torture!

Don't quote me on this, but 3 to 6 months is crazy excessive. It happens, but it's super rare. I'd say a month at the most as long as you are on top of your RFE when it arrives. (I'm sure you will be) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

I guess I need to just post ... I am getting so frustrated and tired. Our case was received December 22 and NOA1 on January 3rd. All this time and nothing. I'm seeing January filers with received dates of a month later than us getting approved left and right. That is great for them, but kind of terrifying for those of us with so much earlier dates. This December thread is getting quiet. I am just so exhausted from this. I don't want to even talk to my fiance about being worried because I'm the upbeat one about this process; he's just worried about it all the time. But now I'm worried. I don't know what to do. Are we screwed? Are we destined to be the next poor people stuck inside the 80-something cases left for the month in the next week or two like the poor remaining November filers? Is it as bad as it looks for us? We sent a huge amount of information, hundreds of pictures, dozens of pages of Skype records, and even affidavits of support and police records and stuff before they were required to try to make it as thorough as possible. That was probably really dumb, because maybe nobody wants to deal with our case because it's a big file. Maybe it's my fault that we're left behind, because I put in too much. I just wanted to do everything I could to make things go smoothly. Now we're stuck in limbo and nothing we can do. I feel so much for the people who have filed earliest and have still not been answered. I so hope that they will finish with the earliest cases and work their way up to ours. I don't know even exactly why I'm writing this except just to say it somewhere, and to ask: Are there others out there who filed around our time? How are you doing? What does everyone think about the status of the remaining December filers, is it terrible news for us that we haven't been touched yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Kate + Evgeny said:

I guess I need to just post ... I am getting so frustrated and tired. Our case was received December 22 and NOA1 on January 3rd. All this time and nothing. I'm seeing January filers with received dates of a month later than us getting approved left and right. That is great for them, but kind of terrifying for those of us with so much earlier dates. This December thread is getting quiet. I am just so exhausted from this. I don't want to even talk to my fiance about being worried because I'm the upbeat one about this process; he's just worried about it all the time. But now I'm worried. I don't know what to do. Are we screwed? Are we destined to be the next poor people stuck inside the 80-something cases left for the month in the next week or two like the poor remaining November filers? Is it as bad as it looks for us? We sent a huge amount of information, hundreds of pictures, dozens of pages of Skype records, and even affidavits of support and police records and stuff before they were required to try to make it as thorough as possible. That was probably really dumb, because maybe nobody wants to deal with our case because it's a big file. Maybe it's my fault that we're left behind, because I put in too much. I just wanted to do everything I could to make things go smoothly. Now we're stuck in limbo and nothing we can do. I feel so much for the people who have filed earliest and have still not been answered. I so hope that they will finish with the earliest cases and work their way up to ours. I don't know even exactly why I'm writing this except just to say it somewhere, and to ask: Are there others out there who filed around our time? How are you doing? What does everyone think about the status of the remaining December filers, is it terrible news for us that we haven't been touched yet?

I definitely understand your frustration. I was severely depressed and nervous that something was completely wrong in our file. We finally got our NOA2 after 134 days of waiting (Received date Dec 1st; no RFEs in between). And seeing people approved from a month or two away from our filing date was incredibly frustrating. Yours is at 116 days right now based on your timeline. I know this wont help and everyone keeps saying it but "be patient" is really the motto here. We did file a congressional inquiry with our Senator, you can try doing that as well. It didn't speed up anything for us but at least we knew that our case wasn't lost and someone was working on it. Good luck and keep waiting. Soon enough it will happen! 

Timeline
Just now, darina said:

I definitely understand your frustration. I was severely depressed and nervous that something was completely wrong in our file. We finally got our NOA2 after 134 days of waiting (Received date Dec 1st; no RFEs in between). And seeing people approved from a month or two away from our filing date was incredibly frustrating. Yours is at 116 days right now based on your timeline. I know this wont help and everyone keeps saying it but "be patient" is really the motto here. We did file a congressional inquiry with our Senator, you can try doing that as well. It didn't speed up anything for us but at least we knew that our case wasn't lost and someone was working on it. Good luck and keep waiting. Soon enough it will happen! 

Darina, thank you so much for your reply, your sympathy, and your advice. I really appreciate it. And I am so happy to hear you got your NOA2 with no problems! If I wanted to go ahead and do a congressional inquiry, how would I go about that? Is there a specific form to use, or should I just search out the info and contact them in any way possible? And so, it would be the senator for the location of my permanent residence and where we're planning to live together? Thank you so much again for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Kate + Evgeny said:

Darina, thank you so much for your reply, your sympathy, and your advice. I really appreciate it. And I am so happy to hear you got your NOA2 with no problems! If I wanted to go ahead and do a congressional inquiry, how would I go about that? Is there a specific form to use, or should I just search out the info and contact them in any way possible? And so, it would be the senator for the location of my permanent residence and where we're planning to live together? Thank you so much again for your help.

No problem, just hang in there! In terms of the congressional inquiry: you need to contact your local Congressman or Senator (place where you live now). I suggest just giving them a call. And they will tell you what form to fill out on the website. There is basically a form sending your request to their office and an additional privacy form allowing USCIS to release information about your case to the Congressman's staff. USCIS usually responds within 48 hours to their requests so maybe you are gonna get some information this way. 

You can also try calling them and then email USCIS but that got us nowhere even though that is an option. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, darina said:

No problem, just hang in there! In terms of the congressional inquiry: you need to contact your local Congressman or Senator (place where you live now). I suggest just giving them a call. And they will tell you what form to fill out on the website. There is basically a form sending your request to their office and an additional privacy form allowing USCIS to release information about your case to the Congressman's staff. USCIS usually responds within 48 hours to their requests so maybe you are gonna get some information this way. 

You can also try calling them and then email USCIS but that got us nowhere even though that is an option. 

This is fantastic information, thank you so, so much. I am looking into this right now and will try to get hold of them as soon as possible. Thank you!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
3 hours ago, HazeyHaze said:

We are Early December Filers 

Received a RFE 3/3

Got RFE in mail 3/9

Respond 3/16

Approved 3/24

Soon as we got the RFE notification via USCIS website , we received our filed petition I-129F and notice we didn't spend a beneficiary letter of intent to marry within 90days. So we started working on that right away.

It's wise to look over your sent application and work immediately on errors/ stuff you missed out so when you actually get the RFE letter your ahead to mail the response back out! 

Tips

1) Ensure you make a copy of the blue letter and instructions letter sent by USCIS for yourself and SEND back the ORIGINAL copy to USCIS ensuring it's the 1st page they see when they open up your RFE response package. 

2) Ensure you use priority Mailing so you can receive a tracking number to track your package . Use to make sure USCIS receives the RFE response . Send back response early as possible. 

3) Use RE:// address given by USCIS to mail back response 

4) Add additional photos, emails , convos, letters etc, you have a second chance to prove your case! 

Good Luck!! 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Lenchique said:

Does anyone know when the I-134 should be sent to fiance? How soon is too soon?

For what I've read somewhere here on VJ, when you get your NOA2 it states the beneficiary's alien number, and you need to use that one in the i134... So, basically, you can work on the affidavit beforehand, but send it once you get NOA2, I'd say.

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

For what I've read somewhere here on VJ, when you get your NOA2 it states the beneficiary's alien number, and you need to use that one in the i134... So, basically, you can work on the affidavit beforehand, but send it once you get NOA2, I'd say.

Thank you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.