gagan_usa

November 2016 I-130 filers

363 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 6/24/2017 at 11:03 PM, deidre said:

Hello fellow november filers :) just checking in on everyone in the thread!!

I took a brief "break from the process" the last couple of months due to moving residence and employer, so haven't done anything since April... now we are at the end of June and I am now able to recommence from where i last was... looks like not much movement has happened !

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Hi Deidre,

I received NOA2s for my parents. I checked the status online, it says the cases have been sent to NVC. What are my next steps? I see your timeline and are way ahead in the process, so was just wondering if you can help me out.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Australia
Timeline
13 minutes ago, gagan_usa said:

Hi Deidre,

I received NOA2s for my parents. I checked the status online, it says the cases have been sent to NVC. What are my next steps? I see your timeline and are way ahead in the process, so was just wondering if you can help me out.

Hi Gagan_USA, :D

You should soon be receiving 2 emails from NVC for next steps. In these emails it will give you the link and instructions on where you need to go and what to do.

It may take several days for you to be able to complete the first step, but you would go online is to "Choose an Agent" - in my case, I put my info down as I am the Agent (that is, I will be the  "contact" person for the process).

Then, once completed, again wait about 2 weeks (I believe), you should then receive emails from NVC confirming Agent selection and to proceed with the next step (paying fees!)

So log back into the same place where you chose your agent and it will then allow you to click on "pay fees". Go ahead and pay the $120 Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee online.

Then, once completed, again you have to wait a bit, during this time go ahead and tell your parents collect ALLLLLLLLL the info they need to fill out the next set of forms. This is currently where I'm at - because NVC wants to have details such as the home addresses where they lived (their entire lives!) and dates of travel into US, their parents info!, etc etc, stuff that could go back years that older folks wont know off the top of their head. Also in my case, my parents have to travel to Singapore in order for my Mom to get a police certificate, because even though she hasn't lived in SG for over 40 years, its because she did live there (for over a year)!! 

We are *almost* at a point now that we can fill out those forms :)

Hope this helps! Deidre :D

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

05/17/11... I-751 packet mailed to VSC... 05/18/11... I-751 packet received... 05/24/11... Check cashed... 05/26/11... NOA1 received (receipt date 05/19/11)... 06/25/11... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for 07/20)... 06/28/11... Early Walk-In for Biometrics (Durham NC)... 12/30/11... I-751 Petition Approved (called USCIS on 01/04 and was advised of approval)... 01/05/12... Card Production Ordered... 01/05/12... Approval Letter received... 01/XX/12... GC received in the mail... 04/08/14... 

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

05/09/14... Eligible to apply for Naturalization based on the 5-year rule...10/08/14... N-400 packet sent via UPS to Texas (finally!)...10/10/14... N-400 packet received...10/16/14... Check cashed...10/20/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)...10/31/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for 11/12/14)...11/12/14... Biometrics completed (Tampa FL)...11/13/14... Received yellow letter today (Dated 11/07/14)...11/14/14... In line for interview (e-notifications received at 12.36pm)...12/24/14... Interview scheduled (e-notifications received)...01/02/15... Interview letter received (Interview set for 02/03/15)...02/03/15... Interview completed Successfully!...02/11/15... In line for Oath! (e-notifications received at 7.00pm)...02/12/15... Oath scheduled & letter sent (e-notifications received at 1.30pm)...02/17/15... Oath letter received (Oath set for 02/23/15)...02/23/15... Oath Ceremony at 1pm in the Tampa Field Office... I'm officially a US Citizen!!

I-130 FOR MY PARENTS TIMELINE

11/14/16... I-130 packet for my parents sent via UPS to Phoenix

11/15/16... I-130 packet received (Priority Date)

11/18/16... Checks cashed, received emails and text messages at 5:22pm, cases routed to Texas Service Center

02/22/17... NOA2 for Mom received (Notice Date 02/15/17)

02/28/17... NOA2 for Dad received (Notice Date 02/17/17)

03/01/17... Status online shows application sent to NVC 

03/17/17... Received emails from NVC for next steps!

03/21/17... Went online to Choose an Agent

03/28/17... Received emails from NVC confirming Agent selection and to proceed with the next step (paying fees!)

04/05/17... Paid the $120 Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee online today (Also eligible to pay the $325 Fee but will wait before doing so...)

April-August... Took a break from the process in order to move back from USVI to mainland USA.

08/07/17... Paid the IV Fees for both my parents ($325 each) today

08/23/17... Called NVC because payment still showing "In Process", was advised to email proof of payment to have them manually correct it

08/24/17... CEAC website shows "Paid" and can now have parents' DS-260 forms filled in.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone, just wanna let you know that my parents case are finally completed after all those horrible months of waiting due to checklists.  Now waiting for an email/mail to schedule for an interview.  My Parents priority date: 09/16/16 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
22 hours ago, deidre said:

Hi Gagan_USA, :D

You should soon be receiving 2 emails from NVC for next steps. In these emails it will give you the link and instructions on where you need to go and what to do.

It may take several days for you to be able to complete the first step, but you would go online is to "Choose an Agent" - in my case, I put my info down as I am the Agent (that is, I will be the  "contact" person for the process).

Then, once completed, again wait about 2 weeks (I believe), you should then receive emails from NVC confirming Agent selection and to proceed with the next step (paying fees!)

So log back into the same place where you chose your agent and it will then allow you to click on "pay fees". Go ahead and pay the $120 Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee online.

Then, once completed, again you have to wait a bit, during this time go ahead and tell your parents collect ALLLLLLLLL the info they need to fill out the next set of forms. This is currently where I'm at - because NVC wants to have details such as the home addresses where they lived (their entire lives!) and dates of travel into US, their parents info!, etc etc, stuff that could go back years that older folks wont know off the top of their head. Also in my case, my parents have to travel to Singapore in order for my Mom to get a police certificate, because even though she hasn't lived in SG for over 40 years, its because she did live there (for over a year)!! 

We are *almost* at a point now that we can fill out those forms :)

Hope this helps! Deidre :D

Hi Deidre,

Thank you for the info. That definitely helped. Looks like, I still have a long way to go. Please keep us updated with your progress, so we have some idea about our wait time. Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I130 for my dad was finally approved on 26th. Mom had her interview I ATL and to our biggest disappointment they told us medical was incomplete. New requirements came out in August 2016, something the doctor should had known when he ordered tests in November 2016 but alas! Incompetence is the worst (((

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent : 2012-02-03
US Entry : 2012-11-01

Adjustment of Status

I-485 sent : 2012-11-14
Interview : 2013-05-21

GC received: 2013-06-13

Removing conditions

I-751 Sent: 2015-03-02

Approval: 2015-12-11

GC received: 2015-12-21

Citizenship

N-400 sent: 2016-03-21

Interview: 2016-08-08

Oath: 2016-08-17

On 11/7/2016 at 5:12 PM, gagan_usa said:

Hello Everyone,

I just mailed I-130 forms for my parents last week (on 3rd Nov) and thought I should go ahead and start a thread for the November 2016 filers, since I could find one for the same.

Wishing everyone best of luck and a smooth journey ahead.

Hi everyone .. My mother's  form has been approved , but no updates on my fathers'.  How long does it take to get the approval in mail ?  

On 7/18/2017 at 9:37 PM, gagan_usa said:

Hi Deidre,

Hi how long do they take to send the NOA 2 in mail because they have updated my case to  "approved" From Nebraska will they send it to NVC ?

On 7/20/2017 at 9:38 AM, Hope101 said:

Update for my parents

Scan Date - 05/16/17

Case Completed - 07/18/17

Interview Date - 08/22/17

US Embassy - Manila, Philippines 🇵🇭 

My parents interview is on August 22 as well. Have your parents already made an appointment for the medical at SLEC?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our form i130 was received by the Nebraska service center on Nov 2,2016!

no updates what so ever! It's been 273 days. The website says they are working on cases from Nov 15????? I'm feeling like the case workers in Nebraska are in comas at their desks. Has anyone checked their Pulse? My husband is Canadian, I'm American. He has no criminal history. Neither do I. All of our paperwork was in order. We are at least 10k into this. Very sad for us because financially this is sinking us. I  am currently in Canada waiting for his paperwork. I have to leave soon, so that I don't overstay my visit here. I'll be sleeping in my car right across the border waiting for him! This has been the absolute worst year of my life, watching the clock literally. Canada is a very expensive place to be, and the businesses take advantage of Americans, and they are not as friendly as the "myths". Anyone else a Nov filer with similar issues? 3 of my children are in the armed forces. My son deploys to Kuwait soon. My father was a high ranking military official. We are Caucasian, just in case someone reading this thinks it's a race issue, it's not. God Bless America 

Timeline
5 hours ago, itsy_bitsy said:

My parents interview is on August 22 as well. Have your parents already made an appointment for the medical at SLEC?

Wow congratulations, thats awesome they might see them there then herheeh... appt at slec is first come first serve but they will fly to manila next week to do medical... goodluck to us almost there

2 minutes ago, Hope101 said:

Wow congratulations, thats awesome they might see them there then herheeh... appt at slec is first come first serve but they will fly to manila next week to do medical... goodluck to us almost there

I'll have them fly to Manila on the 15th. My dad is still waiting for his NBI clearance. I asked this question on a separate thread but since you're online (haha) I might as well ask you :D. Which courier did you use to send the documents to your parents?

Timeline
1 minute ago, itsy_bitsy said:

I'll have them fly to Manila on the 15th. My dad is still waiting for his NBI clearance. I asked this question on a separate thread but since you're online (haha) I might as well ask you :D. Which courier did you use to send the documents to your parents?

Yay i hope they get to meet there hehehe im so excited for them hahahaa... i didnt have any courier yet?  Why? Do i need to set up or register?  I think they used 2go.  i would love to communicate with you via PM

4 minutes ago, Hope101 said:

Yay i hope they get to meet there hehehe im so excited for them hahahaa... i didnt have any courier yet?  Why? Do i need to set up or register?  I think they used 2go.  i would love to communicate with you via PM

I sent you a PM :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.