jg121783

For those of you experiencing case complete delays

51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
36 minutes ago, StellaMaries said:

Hi there! Happy new year guys!

We got approved by USCUS last November 21, 2016. My husband keeps calling NVC after 30 days of not receiving any correspondence from them as what stated in the I-797. And today, they just received my case but they were asking us to call back or wait for another 2 weeks for a notice. They haven't given us a case number or invoice number. Is this normal? Or it was a misunderstanding, that they meant until our case to be completed. I am confused why they haven't provided us a case number or an invoice yet. Please help, this is getting frustrating. 

By the looks of all the posts I have seen on this thread, it seems that NVC is under extreme "backlog" as they say.  I find it hard to believe, just another federal agency taking thier sweet time working at their own pace.  It looks as if NVC get a real kick out of seeing families go through so much stress and anguish waiting fro case completes, and interview dates etc.  I strongly feel that this needs to be addressed to NVC.  It is becoming on the verge of ridiculousness.  I have even got my congressman involved, and have gotten nowhere.  My prayers and thoughts to all those facing the same dilemma with the notorious NVC.  I wish for some case completes for all of us within the next couple of weeks.  

Filed: Timeline
On 28 December 2016 at 5:30 PM, eyeofanubis79 said:

I am in the same boat as some of you are. I also found out that each time you send any new piece of mail to NVC, it resets the clock back to the the "4-6 weeks" I sent my Checklist Required documents on 11/29, then i just realized a week later that I forgot that I did not send my Co sponsors W2s and her tax transcripts, I found this out after reading that it is required on the Dept. OF State's website.

So I voluntarily sent those documents in on 12/15, even though they did not even ask me for them. Subsequently, that reset my "clock" back AGAIN to infamous 4-6 weeks again, so I kind of messed myself up by sending in those documents voluntarily. Any one else experiencing this. I should have had my case complete by now if I had not sent that second packet of non requested paperwork *sigh*.

I am hoping they will overlook the second set of paperwork and just focus on the documents that THEY ACTUALLY requested from me on the checklist.

Thoughts, comments?

I experienced the same thing. Nvc had our case last 9/28/16 and its past 6wks now. Our case was reviewed by a supervisor hoping we'll have our case complete soon.

Hello everyone,

I have done everything that has been asked and mailed in all documents. This is week 6 for me since I mailed the documents. How do you know your documents have even been received?My civil and financial documnts on the website show as n/a, should I be concerned?  I haven't heard anything from anyone since NVC welcome letter.

Also what number are you calling to check status? When I call I get a message that says they are experiencing high volume to use the website and send an email and then the phone hangs up. I have sent to emails now and no response.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello everyone! Please advice :)      My Scan Date is December 06 so tomorrow 6 weeks will elapse. Unfortunately nothing new from NVC yet.

AOS and other documents status is N/A from the first date I received their Welcome e-mail so I can't guess is my case complete from this. CEAC status shows "At NVC" since the first day.

So first question is how exactly something should change when documents review complete and pre-processing finished... Should CEAC status change? Do they always send e-mail with update? And most important - is status changed / e-mail sent same day when they complete pre-processing or it's more likely to take another 1-2 weeks. I guess case might be complete but just not displayed as complete...

The second question is what you recommend to tomorrow when 6 weeks elapse. I plan calling them the next day and first asking "Is my case complete?" But if they answer "No" as they probably will what you recommend next. Should I just wait OR ask for supervisor review?

Some guys here reported supervisor review request really helped to complete in just several days but is it possible my request will even prolongate the process? Somebody mentioned they say "Supervisor review will take 6 weeks". Is it possible, let's guess, my case will be ready in a day or two but after asking for supervisor review they will hold it till the supervisor really reviews.. I doubt is it a safe strategy to ask for supervisor? Could it even hurt?

Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. Why I'm concerned, as I understand from here they schedule most interviews end of the month / beginning of the next month. So if they finish review before January ends they should schedule interview for March and if no I can wait one month more..

Edited by AlexUA

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline
25 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Hello everyone! Please advice :)      My Scan Date is December 06 so tomorrow 6 weeks will elapse. Unfortunately nothing new from NVC yet.

AOS and other documents status is N/A from the first date I received their Welcome e-mail so I can't guess is my case complete from this. CEAC status shows "At NVC" since the first day.

So first question is how exactly something should change when documents review complete and pre-processing finished... Should CEAC status change? Do they always send e-mail with update? And most important - is status changed / e-mail sent same day when they complete pre-processing or it's more likely to take another 1-2 weeks. I guess case might be complete but just not displayed as complete...

The second question is what you recommend to tomorrow when 6 weeks elapse. I plan calling them the next day and first asking "Is my case complete?" But if they answer "No" as they probably will what you recommend next. Should I just wait OR ask for supervisor review?

Some guys here reported supervisor review request really helped to complete in just several days but is it possible my request will even prolongate the process? Somebody mentioned they say "Supervisor review will take 6 weeks". Is it possible, let's guess, my case will be ready in a day or two but after asking for supervisor review they will hold it till the supervisor really reviews.. I doubt is it a safe strategy to ask for supervisor? Could it even hurt?

Any ideas? Thanks!

P.S. Why I'm concerned, as I understand from here they schedule most interviews end of the month / beginning of the next month. So if they finish review before January ends they should schedule interview for March and if no I can wait one month more..

Hello, my scan date is also December 6th. I planned on calling them tomorrow to see what's up. Which they will probably say "call back tomorrow". 

From my understanding, an email confirming case complete can take even a couple of weeks to be sent. I recommend calling them weekly to see if anything changes.

I will ask for a supervisor if by Wednesday nothing changes. It's quite ridiculous that we all have to wait so long even though we've paid so much money at this point. 

Timeline

Thanks. I suggest probably calling Wednesday as Tuesday might be considered the last day of 6 weeks.

I'm also quite concerned, but just fear if supervisor review is right option or potential 6 weeks more... 

Timeline

Also, please update your timeline. It helps others.

1 minute ago, AlexUA said:

Thanks. I suggest probably calling Wednesday as Tuesday might be considered the last day of 6 weeks.

I'm also quite concerned, but just fear if supervisor review is right option or potential 6 weeks more... 

Supervisor review will happen at a given point anyway in their computer system from what I've heard. I'd rather know at least a red urgent label is on my case than it just being another listing in a long data base.

Everyone is concerned. I've just been trying to give it patience. They are supposedly under extreme backlog due to the service centers cranking out approved I-130 at a quick rate.

You'd think they'd hire more staff but as with everything government related, its profit margin and that it. They have a never ending supply of it and probably doesn't seem to matter to them that folks want to unite their families.

Timeline
14 minutes ago, mmadd636 said:

Just updated. Although not sure what "NVC Received" means there.. I've filled with my Scan Date, may be it's more appopriate to fill with the date NVC initially received case from USCIS but I can't find this exact date.

Although can't understand how to track similar cases. Timeline shows detailed dates for USCIS stage but I just wanna find current average NVC pre-processing time and don't know where it is.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Just updated. Although not sure what "NVC Received" means there.. I've filled with my Scan Date, may be it's more appopriate to fill with the date NVC initially received case from USCIS but I can't find this exact date.

Although can't understand how to track similar cases. Timeline shows detailed dates for USCIS stage but I just wanna find current average NVC pre-processing time and don't know where it is.

NVC received is the scan date. That's what I used I think.

If there's a way to track souly on received dates I don't know how to use it either.

Timeline

Agree. Unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, mmadd636 said:

Supervisor review will happen at a given point anyway in their computer system from what I've heard. I'd rather know at least a red urgent label is on my case than it just being another listing in a long data base.

Everyone is concerned. I've just been trying to give it patience. They are supposedly under extreme backlog due to the service centers cranking out approved I-130 at a quick rate.

You'd think they'd hire more staff but as with everything government related, its profit margin and that it. They have a never ending supply of it and probably doesn't seem to matter to them that folks want to unite their families.

Agree. Unfortunately that's how it works. And probably many people now are worried on possible immigration law changes. Let's guess if Trump halts all immigration visas for some period.

Why I'm worried about supervisor review is this strange phrase "it takes 6 weeks" that NVC staff tells. 6 weeks more? Or? But you're right, better to ask for review and I'll do this on Wednesday. May be it helps. Some guys here reported it worked for them. And I consider calling every 3-5 days.

Edited by AlexUA

Timeline
1 minute ago, AlexUA said:

Agree. Unfortunately.

Agree. Unfortunately that's how it works. And probably many people now are worried on possible immigration law changes. Let's guess if Trump halts all immigration visas for some period.

Why I'm worried about supervisor review is this strange phrase "it takes 6 weeks" that NVC staff tells. But you're right, better as for review and I'll do this on Wednesday. May be it helps.

If anything, Trump will make this process easier as he promised. Melania Trump is an immigrant herself.

The whole 6 week thing I think is just for them to be able to take more time if they want. Many people at a certain point get their congressmen involved. I'm not sure on that whole process and I'm not sure if I even could from a foreign country as I am sitting here in Poland waiting to go home with my wife.

Your case will still be in que even with a supervisor review I'm sure.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, mmadd636 said:

If anything, Trump will make this process easier as he promised. Melania Trump is an immigrant herself.

The whole 6 week thing I think is just for them to be able to take more time if they want. Many people at a certain point get their congressmen involved. I'm not sure on that whole process and I'm not sure if I even could from a foreign country as I am sitting here in Poland waiting to go home with my wife.

Your case will still be in que even with a supervisor review I'm sure.

Probably. But I think, as you've already mentioned, "red status" may help it to be processed faster.

When I was waiting for package to be transferred from USCIS to NVC I called about a week from "Your case was transferred to NVC" notice on USCIS site and not sure what NVC operator told me but it was something like "I see we received your case but it's not in our system yet, I'm now (doing something) and you should receive invoice soon". And invoice arrived in about a week. May be, may be my call pushed my case. May be if you call on this stage too they add some priority to it.

In fact, if one theory is correct, it doesn't matter for us is it complete tomorrow or January 29. It should just be completed before end of the month so our interviews will be scheduled for March.

Edited by AlexUA

Timeline
2 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

Probably. But I think, as you've already mentioned, "red status" may help it to be processed faster.

When I was waiting for package to be transferred from USCIS to NVC I called about a week from "Your case was transferred to NVC" notice on USCIS site and not sure what NVC operator told me but it was something like "I see we received your case but it's not in our system yet, I'm now (doing something) and you should receive invoice soon". And invoice arrived in about a week. May be, may be my call pushed my case. May be if you call on this stage too they add some priority to it.

In fact, if one theory is correct, it doesn't matter for us is it complete tomorrow or January 29. It should just be completed before end of the month so our interviews will be scheduled for March.

When your case is received at NVC it usually takes 3-7 days for them to enter it in the system. Seems normal to me.

It depends on which embassy you are going through. Some its a month some it can be 4.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.