jg121783

For those of you experiencing case complete delays

51 posts in this topic

I am aware that recently the NVC has been experiencing processing delays. I sent in my wife and step son's paper work a couple weeks ago so I am in the same boat as those of you waiting for a case complete. I called the NVC last Friday to see if they got my paper work and they informed me it would be at least 6 weeks to process it. I am aware of a couple cases on these forums where people had problems with their case and contacted their congressman about it. As soon as they did that things moved quickly for them.

Today I decided to call my congressman's office and see if they could tell me what is causing all the delays. They offered to look into my case for me as soon as I send them a privacy release form with the case numbers. I am not expecting a miricle here because it has only been a couple weeks but maybe the NVC will expidite things if they see a congressman's office is inquiring into my case. I don't know how much this helps move things along but for those of you who have been waiting for a while it might be a good idea to call your congressman's office. It couldn't hurt. If anyone tries this or has tried it in the past please post here with your results and if you get any information as to the cause of the delays please post that too. Maybe if the NVC gets enough inquiries from congress they will get their act together.

Edited by jg121783

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

I called the NVC this morning regarding my CR1 case to see if it is complete. The representative told me I must wait "up until 6 weeks". So I asked what happens at the point of 6 weeks and still no "case complete". She responds "we will worry about that then". I found that very unprofessional and RUDE. I feel if there are cases that are "clean" why not put them through so those that don't have issues have to suffer in waiting so long!!!

Why are you getting your congressperson involved when it hasn't even been three weeks yet? You are still well within the normal processing time. You surely don't think you deserve your case to be completed before those who have already been waiting 6 weeks and more, do you? I waited 7 weeks 1 day, got no one involved and was glad not to get a checklist or spend any longer in supervisor review.

I get it that we are all frustrated with the process and we all want it to be over yesterday already. I have been in this process a lot longer than you already (I spent 164 days at Nebraska waiting for my I-130 to be approved for starters) and many others have too. Part of the reason for your delay is not paying the fees as soon as they were invoiced and getting the case moving. But now you want a congressperson to step in and push you in front of others? By getting a congressperson involved at this stage you are making the situation worse as someone will have to provide a response to said congressperson and whilst they are drafting a reply to a congressperson about a case that is not even 3 weeks old yet they could be reviewing and completing someone's file who has been waiting in excess of 6 weeks now. Let's give them as much opportunity to get the cases reviewed rather than writing letters back and forth to members of congress. That's a far better use of their time. We should only be recommending congress involvement for people who have considerably exceeded the review times.

The title of your post is 'for those of you experiencing case complete delays' but you are nowhere near the stage of 'delays' yet.

A couple things here. First of all I simply called to see if I could find out the cause of other people experiencing the delays. I did not ask for my case to be looked into but instead they offered to look into my case. I even told them it has only been a couple weeks for me and I don't expect something to be done right away. As far as the title of the thread goes I never said or implied I was experiencing delays yet but was simply making a suggestion for people who are experiencing delays. Furthermore it is my right as a US citizen to find out what is going on at the NVC especially when I am paying hard earned money out of my pocket in addition to paying taxes.

I called the NVC this morning regarding my CR1 case to see if it is complete. The representative told me I must wait "up until 6 weeks". So I asked what happens at the point of 6 weeks and still no "case complete". She responds "we will worry about that then". I found that very unprofessional and RUDE. I feel if there are cases that are "clean" why not put them through so those that don't have issues have to suffer in waiting so long!!!

When I called the NVC back when I was waiting for case numbers they were very friendly and professional. When i called last Friday to find out if they got my paper work they were rude to me and when I brought up the CEAC website saying 2-4 weeks processing time they got even more rude and told me that information is incorrect and it will be 6 weeks or longer. If processing times are taking longer they could at least update their website and not get an attitude when someone brings it up.

I'm at 5 weeks since they officially received it, called them yesterday and they said up to 6 weeks. I've been calling once a week for the past three weeks. I'm anxious too, want my wife here before Christmas.

I'm at 5 weeks since they officially received it, called them yesterday and they said up to 6 weeks. I've been calling once a week for the past three weeks. I'm anxious too, want my wife here before Christmas.

I know exactly how you feel. This Friday will be 4 weeks officially for me since hey have received my paperwork. I called this morning and was also told up to 6 weeks. I really want my husband here for Christmas but it just seems they are dragging their feet and then we have to see how soon they will give an interview date.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

You and me both, I started my 5th week as well; and as I called yesterday, got the same ol' "read from the screen" response, and when I tried to ask - is it possible to add a note in there for the embassy to schedule the interview as fast as possible as the wife has everything ready to go, because i want the whole thing over before the holidays; I too got some rudeness back.

I simply replied with the fact that I've started this process in January and I'm still waiting for the government to do its job in November. I followed by asking the lady what would happen if the IRS sent me a letter in January and in November I told them they have to be patient...

Apparently the computer screen didn't say anything about that one.

My Scan date is September 29th. My husband is in the CR1 category for the Jamaican Embassy. What category are you in?

We are CR1 as well, my wife is in the Philippines.

We are CR1 as well, my wife is in the Philippines.

I wish you both nothing but the BEST. It's rough to be waiting on immigration and being away from your spouse for so long. Hopefully we will have a good report by the end of the week or beginning of next week.

Got my wife's cc today. Still waiting for my step son's. For those of you who have been waiting a while I would suggest contacting your Congressman. A couple days ago my congressman's office notified me they made an inquiry and all of a sudden my wife has a cc.

Edited by jg121783

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.