Oroski

Doubts About Some Details Before Upcoming Interview

15 posts in this topic

Hi, how are you all?

Well, if I got to the point that I have an upcoming interview, I have to thank everyone here that helped me a LOT!
Without the help of all you folks from this forum, I would never be able get at this point by myself. THANKS!

So, since the interview is around the corner, there are some doubts I still have.

Background time!

- Entered here as a turist last November (3rd).

- Started working in December and stopped at the end of that month (Not working since than).

- In March I got Married to USC.

- Sent AOS In May (case received on the 4th).

My questions are:

Is OK to Mention that I worked before marriage? I know work is waived, but in this situation, I was working before the marriage.

I have met my current wife in August in a prior trip. When I came back here (November), I came just to see her one more time and see a friend of mine. I had no intentions in getting married nor staying more than a Month and everything happened naturally. Should this part of our the story cause any problem?

Is anything that is time sensitive? Here some examples as I have read before:

- When you enter the country, during 30 days you cannot do anything other than what you told to the immigration officer.

- If you get married before 90 days, they will assume you came here just for that.

We got married only and because we feel confortable doing that and we feel that was a good choice. But, I don't know if our story or how the facts happened will convince the officer at the interview. I just don't wanna make some mistakes and have to dismantle what we are building since than.

I apologize if anything is not clear as it could be. I will be glad answering any doubts or question about the post.

One more time, thanks for all the help you guys always gave to me!

There is a lot of misinformation you have.

First and foremost you should NOT have been working on a tourist visa at any time in the US.

Second, the whole 30 day/90 day is completely inaccurate.

If you come on a tourist visa then you should only be doing that... touring.

It could be an issue if immigration suspects that you used a tourist visa to immigrate to the US. Basically you have a few red flags.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

You can and should have already mentioned the illegal work on your G-325A. The 90 day thing is a myth. If you have a real relationship (and are not otherwise inadmissible) you will be approved.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I appreciate all the help you guys are giving to me.

Just to be clear, I did put the information about work on the G-325A form. I put that I worked just a period in the month of December.

Some more explanation:

After I spend November here, I went to visit her and at that time she asked me if I wanted to stay with here for a while.
Thats why I did some of the gigs, so as i could have a little bit more money to stay with her.

So I thought about it and said yes. I thought it would be an interesting experience. After 2 months of being together, we decided to marry.
And since than we are living together and its being great!

I just want to be careful in what to say, show that what we are living are real and tell the truth of course.

But if there are some detail I am not aware and can compromise the interview, I wanna be aware.

Once again, thanks for all the help!

Thanks for the support. I really do appreciate.

I am kind of worried now, but I'm gonna do what people are telling me and hope for the best.

Good luck for us all!

Basically; answer the questions you're asked. No more no less.

Don't lie and don't surrender information they didn't ask for and you should be fine.

Hi everyone!

I just came back from the interview and everything went awesome! :dance:

I really have to thank the support of you guys and every piece of advice posted here!!!

I know each case is a different case, but my overall experience was really good. The officer was really skeptic in the beginning but as the interview was going he got more relaxed.

He did asked me about the job and that I couldn't had it because I was not suppose to, but I was truthful and explained the reasons.
I think even though you do somethings it's not good for the case, the reasons might help mitigate the consequences.

The only thing I thought was strange is that at the end of everything he did not give me anything saying I was approved. Not the stamp on passport... nothing.
He did instructed me about the 2 weeks for the green card to arrive and talked about the ROC.

Is that regular or it was my fault not to ask specifically about it?

Once again, thanks for all the help, support and words of advice from everyone here. You guys make the difference!

Sounds like its good news. It's normal for them not to say anything.

And illegal work is forgiven for spouses of USCs who adjust in country. The reasons don't matter except to establish your credibility.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Cool!

Glad I did not miss anything!

I was reading some other posts of folks passing through some other similar situation.
If I not hear from them, I am gonna make an Infopass.

Thanks again!

I appreciate your words.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.