5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello!

Quick timeline info...

Mailed AOS with EAD/AP on August 15th. Received the NOA1 for all three applications on August 17th.

On 17th October I received my approval for the AP (I-131) I applied for the AP and EAD together, the combo card. I thought it was weird that I hadn't even received a biometrics appt for my EAD, yet my AP had been approved. I called USCIS and explained I still hadn't received a biometrics appointment letter. They said they would look into it and have someone call me with an appt date. It's been almost a month now and no news.

I called USCIS again on Friday and explained the situation. The lady on the phone said that my biometrics appointment was not required. She explained that because I had my fingerprints taken back in England in June, when I had my K1 visa interview at the embassy, that I didn't need to have it done again.

She said to just wait for my EAD/AP combo card to come in the mail once they've both been approved.

Is this correct? I was under the impression that I had to have my biometrics taken in the US? And it's has almost been 3 months now and I haven't even had an appointment scheduled. If anyone knows anything about this, I'd really appreciate some info as I am starting to get very confused!

I also paid the $ 85 fee for biometrics when I applied for my AOS and she said that I could claim it back because I don't need to have it done?

Thanks!

Kelly

Filed: Country:
Timeline

I'm not even sure what USCIS is doing anymore. I applied for all three back in July and got my NOAs late July. Did my Biometrics on the 7th of October and almost immediately got a notice sent to me for my AOS (It was sent back so I don't know what it was yet). But my EAD and AP seem to still be in process as neither show up as valid numbers on the system. And when I called on Oct 10th after doing Biometrics I was told by tier 2 that all three applications are 'pending' that's it.

I'd like to know what people respond to this as I'm a bit lost as what to do with my case. I haven't even gotten any confirmation that they corrected my address in their system (the reason my notice was returned). ::Sigh::

Edit: I still had to do biometrics even though I had mine done in the Bahamas before entering the US in May....so again...a bit confused as to what's going on at USCIS right now

Edited by JessDak

Fiancee Visa Timeline

1/7/16 - I-129F Sent

1/28/16 - NOA1

3/10/16 - NOA2

4/8/16 - NVC Sent

5/2/16 - Medical

5/2/16 - Interview

5/4/16 - Physical

5/10/16 - Dropped passport off at Embassy

5/12/16 - Visa in Hand

5/21/16 - POE

7/10/16 - Marriage

AOS Timeline

7/21/16 - Mailed packet

7/23/16 - Packet delivered

7/28/16 - NOA1

10/7/16 - Biometrics

11/30/16 - EAD/AP Approved

12/6.16 - EAD/AP Received

1/21/17 - New card ordered for production

1/23/17 - Greencard Approved (no interview)

1/24/17 - Greencard Mailed

1/26/17 - Greencard Received

• On Oct 13th AOS status was updated to say that a notice was returned due to post office being unable to deliver it. Tier two told me that it was biometrics or NOA1 (even though I had received both before this date).

• A few weeks later I received a notice dated Nov 10th, in regards to my call about the Oct 13th notice. The new notice said that there were no RFE's or withholding on my case. So still not sure what this Oct 13th notice was about.

• Received a letter from a NY office on Dec 23rd (dated Dec 10) stating that my medical was over 1 year old. (At this point my medical was only 7 months old)

• Teir two submitted an internal service request to which I got a response telling me that I need to respond to RFE ASAP

• Submitted another service request on 1/6/17. To which I got a response on 1/19/17 stating that my case was pending and is outside of processing time (no mention of RFE)

ROC Timeline

10/21/18 - Packet Sent

xx/xx/xx - NOA1

xx/xx/xx - NOA2

xx/xx/xx - Card Received

I have NOA of Aug 17th too and a lot of people with same NOA letter date haven't received biometric letter. I'm still waiting the 30-day-waiting period to end for biometric appointment.

However, that is great news that you have right there. You received EAD/AP on time and sometimes it takes months for people to receive it. You now can work if you want to...

The next step you need to do is to wait for the the interview letter.

Best of luck.

1/12/2019: 90- ROC filing window open
1/17/2019: Mail I-751 Package via USPS Certified Mail 
1/22/2019: Package arrived
1/28/2019: Receive case number via text message  #WACxxxxxxxxxx
2/21/2019: Call USCIS for non-delivery notice receipt
2/29/2019: Receive 18-month extension letter (2 pages)
4/30/2019: Biometric Appt
...waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Think its a case where they are making the rules up as they go along. I filed my AoS in July, got a biometric appointment and went. A month later filed for ead and ap. Got another biometric appointment.

Went and the man explained that they needed to send my fingerprints to the people that do the ead. When you file all 3 at the same time, they can electronically send them to all the different places with the push of a button.

Aos

Filed 07/12/16

Noa 07/29/16

Bio 08/11/16

Rfe 09/06/16

Reply 09/13/16

Rfe#2 11/05/16 (115 days)

Rfe#2 received mail 11/09/16

Completed a new 693

Mailed out reply. 11/17/16

Uscis received. 11/22/16

EAD- AP

Filed 08/15/16

Noa 08/25/16

Bio 10/15/16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Oh this is very interesting. We have almost the exact situation. NOA dated August 17, AP approved on October 19, still waiting for biometrics and any word on the EAD or green card. Opened a service request on October 5 but nothing since then. I'm glad to read your post just so I know we're not alone!

K-1 Process:

12/04/15 - Engaged (L)

12/17/15 - K-1 submitted

12/31/15 - NOA1

02/09/16 - NOA2

03/16/16 - NVC case number assigned

03/17/16 - In transit to consulate

03/22/16 - "Ready" on CEAC tracker

04/14/16 - Received packet 3 by email

04/15/16 - Medical exam

04/28/16 - Interview - Approved!

05/25/16 - POE at Miami

07/08/16 - Married! (L)

08/09/16 - Filed for AOS

08/12/16 - Case received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.