jakartausa

How long is the Visa good for once issued at the embassy?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello

Our I129F was approved today and we are of course excited about this. Moving forward we are not concerned about getting approved at the embassy in Jakarta as we have all our ducks in a row and everything is legit.

My question is: My fiancé has an accounting job at a technology company in Jakarta and her position is very important. She had another friend marry a bule from the USA and she claims that her visa that she was given at the embassy required her to leave Jakarta within 3 months. I thought it was 6 months to leave and then once you arrive you are given an I-94 which starts the 90-day marriage clock.

On the web some people claim its 3 months to leave your country and 3 months to get married whereas I’ve read its 6 to leave and 3 to get married?

If we are to get her visa approved in say the next 60 days, it would be possible but difficult for her to leave within a 90-day period, due to work obligations.

Can anyone give me the actual and factual answer on this?

Thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The visa validity is tied up with the medical validity.

The medical is valid within 6 months so the visa is good until that date.

Ex: I did my medical Sept 2013, interview and visa issued on Dec 2013, visa is valid until Mar 2014.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your 90 day period to get married starts on the day she arrives in US soil.

Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hello

Our I129F was approved today and we are of course excited about this. Moving forward we are not concerned about getting approved at the embassy in Jakarta as we have all our ducks in a row and everything is legit.

My question is: My fiancé has an accounting job at a technology company in Jakarta and her position is very important. She had another friend marry a bule from the USA and she claims that her visa that she was given at the embassy required her to leave Jakarta within 3 months. I thought it was 6 months to leave and then once you arrive you are given an I-94 which starts the 90-day marriage clock.

On the web some people claim its 3 months to leave your country and 3 months to get married whereas I’ve read its 6 to leave and 3 to get married?

If we are to get her visa approved in say the next 60 days, it would be possible but difficult for her to leave within a 90-day period, due to work obligations.

Can anyone give me the actual and factual answer on this?

Thanks

As apple21 said, it is 6 months from your medical exam, which is usually soon before the interview (at least in Indonesia). In my now-wife's case, her exam was a month before her visa interview, so she had "only" 5 months validity on her visa when it was issued. I think the embassy was unusually busy then though, because from what I've read on VJ, most Indonesian applicants have their interview scheduled within a couple weeks of the embassy receiving their petition.

Another way to "delay" the process is to schedule your medical exam and interview later.

Edited by usmsbow

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

whoa whoa whoaa..... I did my medical in September.. and will do my interview mid november.. does that mean I must leave Indo in March at the latest??? please someone confirm?? I feel like just being punch in the stomach for not doing my homework..... :(

is there anyway I can extend the medic period??

sad panda.

ps. I'm the beneficiary. and I am working in Bali that's why I thought taking care medical test ASAP will save me time and the hassle from going in and out of Java....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The expiration can be up to 6 months. It can be shorter based on if a medical condition is present.

https://fam.state.go...9FAM050207.html

9 FAM 502.7-5(C )(7) K Visa Issuance, Travel

(CT:VISA-1; 11-18-2015)
(Previous location: 9 FAM 41.81 PN3.6 b; CT:VISA-1097 10-31-2008)

a. K Visa Validity: K-1 and K-2 visas should be valid for six months for one entry. K- 3 and K-4 visas should be valid for multiple entries for 24 months, unless constrained by security clearance requirement or waivers, which are valid for a year or less. Unmarried aliens entering the United States as a K-4 should be admitted for a period of 24 months or until that alien’s 21st birthday, whichever is shorter (see 8 CFR 214.2(k)(8) and 8 CFR 214.2(k)(11)(v)).

(Previous location: 9 FAM 41.81 PN4.2; CT:VISA-1097 10-31-2008),

b. K Visa Annotations: The K visa should be annotated in the following cases:

(1) Medical Cases:

(a) When the medical examination has revealed a Class A tuberculosis or another Class A medical condition, and an INA 212(d)(3)(A) waiver has been granted, the visa should be annotated: “MED: 212(d)(3)(A).”

(b) When the medical examination has revealed a Class B tuberculosis condition or Class B leprosy, non-infectious, the visa should be annotated: “MED: Class B.”

Revisions to Visa Medical Examination Validities http://travel.state....s (02-2015).pdf

Per 9 FAM 40.11, notwithstanding the provisions of INA 221(C ), visa validity must be limited to the validity of the medical examination.

2. Medical examinations will be valid for six months for individuals with the following conditions:
a. No Class (i.e. No Apparent Defect, Disease, or Disability);
b. Class A, Other than TB;
c. Class B2 LTBI;
d. Class B3 TB (Contact Evaluation);
e. Class B, all except TB, including specific Class B conditions; and
f. Class B Other conditions.

3. Medical examinations will be valid for three months for individuals with the following conditions:
a. Class A TB with Waiver;
b. Class B1 TB, Pulmonary;
c. Class B1 TB, Extrapulmonary; and
d. HIV infection (with or without a TB Class).

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

The expiration can be up to 6 months. It can be shorter based on if a medical condition is present.

https://fam.state.go...9FAM050207.html

9 FAM 502.7-5(C )(7) K Visa Issuance, Travel

(CT:VISA-1; 11-18-2015)

(Previous location: 9 FAM 41.81 PN3.6 b; CT:VISA-1097 10-31-2008)

a. K Visa Validity: K-1 and K-2 visas should be valid for six months for one entry. K- 3 and K-4 visas should be valid for multiple entries for 24 months, unless constrained by security clearance requirement or waivers, which are valid for a year or less. Unmarried aliens entering the United States as a K-4 should be admitted for a period of 24 months or until that alien’s 21st birthday, whichever is shorter (see 8 CFR 214.2(k)(8) and 8 CFR 214.2(k)(11)(v)).

(Previous location: 9 FAM 41.81 PN4.2; CT:VISA-1097 10-31-2008),

b. K Visa Annotations: The K visa should be annotated in the following cases:

(1) Medical Cases:

(a) When the medical examination has revealed a Class A tuberculosis or another Class A medical condition, and an INA 212(d)(3)(A) waiver has been granted, the visa should be annotated: “MED: 212(d)(3)(A).”

(b) When the medical examination has revealed a Class B tuberculosis condition or Class B leprosy, non-infectious, the visa should be annotated: “MED: Class B.”

Revisions to Visa Medical Examination Validities http://travel.state....s (02-2015).pdf

Per 9 FAM 40.11, notwithstanding the provisions of INA 221(C ), visa validity must be limited to the validity of the medical examination.

2. Medical examinations will be valid for six months for individuals with the following conditions:

a. No Class (i.e. No Apparent Defect, Disease, or Disability);

b. Class A, Other than TB;

c. Class B2 LTBI;

d. Class B3 TB (Contact Evaluation);

e. Class B, all except TB, including specific Class B conditions; and

f. Class B Other conditions.

3. Medical examinations will be valid for three months for individuals with the following conditions:

a. Class A TB with Waiver;

b. Class B1 TB, Pulmonary;

c. Class B1 TB, Extrapulmonary; and

d. HIV infection (with or without a TB Class).

I just checked my medical health test receipt. I did mine in 30 Aug 2016.... so IF I got 6 months I should leave indonesia in February 2017?? whoa that's soon... anyway I can push this date back? say to July???

I just checked my medical health test receipt. I did mine in 30 Aug 2016.... so IF I got 6 months I should leave indonesia in February 2017?? whoa that's soon... anyway I can push this date back? say to July???

Only if you redo the medical

would they allow me to do that? but on second thought.... our petition is valid until Nov 18 anyway, so either way I guess we have to leave soon...

The petition validity has nothing to do with the visa validity.

If you have another medical done and postpone your interview, you can leave later than February

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

They should allow you to re-do the medical; I have seen in happen where the interview had to be delayed due to family emergency, and then the beneficiary re-did the medical before the actual interview so as to have more time. But contact your embassy and ask, rather than reply on it, as each embassy handles such things slightly differently.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

They should allow you to re-do the medical; I have seen in happen where the interview had to be delayed due to family emergency, and then the beneficiary re-did the medical before the actual interview so as to have more time. But contact your embassy and ask, rather than reply on it, as each embassy handles such things slightly differently.

NOTED.

THANK YOU.

J/G

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.