126 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Considering current PD's dates, and a processing time of 5 months for USCIS, how long can we expect that our cases will be frozen at NVC before we can submit our further petition documents? Due to not available visas, I assume there will be a break before NVC re-opens our cases, right?

Considering current PD's dates, and a processing time of 5 months for USCIS, how long can we expect that our cases will be frozen at NVC before we can submit our further petition documents? Due to not available visas, I assume there will be a break before NVC re-opens our cases, right?

Yes. When you send your documents?

My documents will be with USCIS next week.

Ok

I sent my documents 10/4, but we forget to send the form enotifications for this reason I don't have received any information about my case.

I called today and the customer service told me that I need to wait 10 days, that if in this time, I don't receive the letter by mail, I need to call again.

I recommend you check all documents before send.

nvc will contact within a year or 6 month before your pd become current. they will start to collect fee and documents

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

nvc will contact within a year or 6 month before your pd become current. they will start to collect fee and documents

So, considering PD is 22 months for us, following scenario looks good?

1: USCIS - 5 months

2: Transfer 0.5 months

3. WAIT TIME - 4.5 months

4. NVC opens case 12 months before PD

E,g, wait time from NVC receiving file from USCIS to opening of processing will be additional 4.5 months in this scenario?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

So, considering PD is 22 months for us, following scenario looks good?

1: USCIS - 5 months

2: Transfer 0.5 months

3. WAIT TIME - 4.5 months

4. NVC opens case 12 months before PD

E,g, wait time from NVC receiving file from USCIS to opening of processing will be additional 4.5 months in this scenario?

Probably yes since the travelstate website says the estimated wait time is about 22 months, with that said the travelstate website is always late

like i've seen people with the f2a category get their visas in about a year and a half while the website said it would be two years

so it might be a lot less than we expected

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Filed for Spouse in India - F2A Oct 6 - with eNotification.

Recd E Notification to Email and Msg to Mob Phone OCT 8th.

Received I-797C NOTICE OF RECEIPT / PRIORITY DATE 0CT 6th. 2016 ON OCTOBER 15th.

Edited by morningsunstar

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.