goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Patient said:

If you have any housing searches, realtor emails add them in, most of this stuff is seen at Embassy level so save on some postage and take a big binder to the interview.

God! It's a lot! One more thing for the tax, we have filed separately as I don't live there. I mean he filed for me there separately but with married status for both of us and our son as dependent under his name is that OK? My son never been in US and he was born on December. Thanks a lot

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
17 hours ago, vizthum said:

I'm Oct 6, still waiting and going crazy. There is over 50 Oct. 6 waiting, according to the app. I think all of us are at the Background Check Unit. I call Tier 2 everyday to see if we are still at BCU. I'm trying to distract myself, but it's difficult to spend your first year of marriage apart.

That's pretty crazy considering that Japan is a zero fraud country.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

well.. I submitted all the paperwork to NVC today😁 I pray it's all correct and I don't get any rfe's.  ... now back to the waiting game😐 but our case is moving along so that's good I guess

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
6 hours ago, nessasmom980 said:

My husband called my lawyer for update May 9, she told him we got approved, he didn't ask when but I am suppose to be expecting an email with a copy of the approval letter from my lawyer because we haven't received our letter from USCIS  as yet.

we got approved but I don't know which day and that is what am tryouts bf to find out because the website haven't update as yet.

we may have been approved May 9 or before I am not sure.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Just finished talking to a Tier 2. They said that my file was being reviewed as of May 20, 2017. I guess that means that the background check that had started on April 11, 2017 is finished. The Tier 2 said that a response from USCIS is imminent. I hope so.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello all,

Just to update and a few questions.

PD: October 28th

Approved: April 27th

NVC Received: May 17th

Case Number/Invoice Number: Today May 24th 

Now that I have my numbers, i went online to try and process the fees but it gives me an error message saying that at this time my case is not allowed to do any further processing. I called NVC and asked and they said they are still finishing building the case and it will be a few more days before I can do this?

Anyone going through the same or know how long after you get the numbers you can start doing things? Anything that i can do now? I have all my tax trancsripts, employment letter, affidavit of support filled out. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Djodrey said:

Hello all,

Just to update and a few questions.

PD: October 28th

Approved: April 27th

NVC Received: May 17th

Case Number/Invoice Number: Today May 24th 

Now that I have my numbers, i went online to try and process the fees but it gives me an error message saying that at this time my case is not allowed to do any further processing. I called NVC and asked and they said they are still finishing building the case and it will be a few more days before I can do this?

Anyone going through the same or know how long after you get the numbers you can start doing things? Anything that i can do now? I have all my tax trancsripts, employment letter, affidavit of support filled out. 

I had a similar experience.  I received my numbers by calling and when I logged into the CEAC site I was unable to access the links to pay the fees.  Two days later I got the e-mail from NVC with the checklist so I checked the CEAC site again and sure enough I was able to move forward with paying fees (no DS-261 for me because we used a lawyer). 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, ECBZ said:

I had a similar experience.  I received my numbers by calling and when I logged into the CEAC site I was unable to access the links to pay the fees.  Two days later I got the e-mail from NVC with the checklist so I checked the CEAC site again and sure enough I was able to move forward with paying fees (no DS-261 for me because we used a lawyer). 

Were you ever able to give the operator at NVC your email address? I tried to give her mine tonight and she said she cannot take any information until the case is completely built. I wrote my emails on the forms but not sure if they have that information.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Djodrey said:

Were you ever able to give the operator at NVC your email address? I tried to give her mine tonight and she said she cannot take any information until the case is completely built. I wrote my emails on the forms but not sure if they have that information.

They already had my e-mail address from the package I sent to USCIS.  When I was unable to click to pay the fees I e-mailed NVC but never got a response so I never actually talked to a person about why it wasn't working (calling from Belize costs a lot so I was going to reserve that for a couple more days if I was still having the problem).  Two days later I got the e-mail and was good to go.  

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, AmyLo said:

How long has it taken the AOS fee to process for you guys? It's taken us nearly the full 72 hours. Does anyone think it would help if I called the NVC? Did anyone do that? 

mine took 2 days.. then 1 day for iv fee.. then 2 days until paid.. then immediate could file iv forms.. done with nvc in 8-9 days total..now all I can do is wait until nvc processes my file

Exactly 7 months of waiting and!! 

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED! Rolled over to look at my phone because I thought I forgot to put on my alarm for work and when I had my phone in my hand I got the notification! I almost had a heartattack! 

PD date of Oct.24th, Approved May 24th!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 minute ago, Y&V6416 said:

Exactly 7 months of waiting and!! 

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED! Rolled over to look at my phone because I thought I forgot to put on my alarm for work and when I had my phone in my hand I got the notification! I almost had a heartattack! 

PD date of Oct.24th, Approved May 24th!

congrats....know how you feel cuz I did felt the same way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.