goobies

October 2016 I-130 Filers

1,368 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Greetings and welcome everyone. I searched but did not see this thread already created so made my own. I am eager to meet those of you starting on this journey as the same time as us.

After 6 days of 12+ hours compiling everything for the I-130 package, I got to the post office just to find they were already closed! Fortunately, we have a postal plus office who were able to get my package labeled, and it will be on the first truck out tomorrow morning.

My husband is from Uganda, so we Will be interviewed at the Nairobi embassy.

Please, let's make an active community and cheer each other along the way.

Best of luck to us all!

The Goobies

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hi !

My husband mailed our petition on the 12th. Still waiting for it NOA1 ha.

Took us five months to get it package ready.

I hope we get lucky and that the process won't be too slow .

Timeline

Wow! Congratulations. I got mine yesterday, and we have been sent to Nebraska, the slowest center.

Apparently Texas is one of the faster. Which country are you coming from?

Edited by goobies

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for starting this thread. Im a US Citizen ive just sent my I-130 form for my husband who is Kenyan Citizen 0n 10/18/16, got a notice from USPS that it was signed for. How long does it take to receive NOA?

Timeline

Karibu Honey!

Maybe you and I will be together at Nairobi for interviews with our hubbies. Mine is from Uganda but we have to interview in Nairobi.

I sent my I-130 on the 13th, a Thursday. Yesterday, the 18th, we got our email NOA-1. So you should be getting yours very, very soon.

Did you sign up for the email notification?

Good luck to you guys!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Wow! Congratulations. I got mine yesterday, and we have been sent to Nebraska, the slowest center.

Apparently Texas is one of the faster. Which country are you coming from?

Thanks !

I felt lucky to be sent to Texas Service Center but I know how the USCIS works and they tend to try to balance the work load so they might transfer petitions to Texas Service Center in the future. Time will tell us.

I am from France.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Karibu Honey!

Maybe you and I will be together at Nairobi for interviews with our hubbies. Mine is from Uganda but we have to interview in Nairobi.

I sent my I-130 on the 13th, a Thursday. Yesterday, the 18th, we got our email NOA-1. So you should be getting yours very, very soon.

Did you sign up for the email notification?

Good luck to you guys!

Since I live in the US and I'm the petitioner do I have to be there for the interview in Nairobi?

Edited by Honey10

Timeline

Thanks for the encouragement Estelle.

Honey, no, you are not required to be at the interview in Nairobi. If at all possible though, and especially if you haven't had much time together, it is good to go visit again before he has his interview, and better if you can visit during the interview. It shows more involvement and support from the US spouse.

However, I do know that there have been many East Africans approved without their American spouse being present.

It is one of those things where if you can, by all means do it. If you can't, don't worry, but send all the evidences you have in original to him so he can take them to his interview.

Be sure to include new phone logs and emails/chats, etc to prove you are keeping good communication during this time apart.

Best of luck to you!

Hakuna matata

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm A US citizen and I sent the packet next day on Monday. It was received Tuesday morning and I haven't received any notices. I hope to get something soon.

Hello everyone! So my husband just file I130 to petition me. Apparently, I'm curious how long this petition was and take me here.

So He filed 10/12 and that was our priority date, and receive Form I 797C 10/17. Our papers will be processing in Nebraska

so i guess the waiting game just begin.

Godbless everyone!

Edited by vantine2603

Timeline

Welcome Vantine, and congrats on getting the process started!

I was also sent to Nebraska. There is a thread called "All Nebraska I-130 Filers". I suggest you also join that conversation. The average time for Nebraska is 5-6 months until you get the NOA-2, about one more month for them to forward you, and then it depends on your consulate how long it will be to get an interview.

Good luck and may we all be blessed with speedy processing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Sent from abroad (Japan) on Oct 3. NOA1 hard copy received October 24 with Notice date of October 12. I requested email notification, but never received it. We got Nebraska service center, so expecting a longer wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

OsakaBen I'm glad to hear you got the physical receipt. We filed from Tokyo and got the email on 10/15, but with misinformation floating around about whether they send overseas and the delay I was wondering if we should expect one or not. Sounds like it should arrive soon.

The next mystery is whether, as overseas filers, we qualify for automatic expedited processing. We're also Nebraska.

なんでやねん

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.