Lisbeth

Visa approved! now I have more questions!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
On 06/10/2016 at 7:37 AM, Lisbeth said:

Hi Everyone!

I had the interview yesterday and I have been informed that my visa is approved.

For those who have the visa at LONDON EMBASSY you must know that you need to register at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/ in order to get your passport with visa once is issued.

You have the option to pick up or delivery(at your cost).

The full process of interview took 2 hours.

Now that I've got the visa. They informed me that I have expiration on 27th of March 2017, so I must go to the USA before that date to activate the process to get the GC.

I have been told that the green card is taking now more than 4 month to arrive, hence I am thinking about only travelling to activate the process and come back to UK in order to continue with my job as I am not sure if I could work without the social security number and the GC.

I am a title bit confused as I have been told that I have a year to go back to the US but also a friend told me that they have been living in Norway for 10 years and now they are moving to the USA otherwise they will loose the chance to continue with the GC.

I don't want to waste time without a job in the USA when I have a job in UK, so I rather to wait my GC generating income and saving more money for my relocation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

Lisbeth

Where you born in the U.K.? Are a UK citizen? I thought the UK was not on the list of countries where you could be eligible to get a diversity visa from?  I am curious 

5 hours ago, Karlam said:

Where you born in the U.K.? Are a UK citizen? I thought the UK was not on the list of countries where you could be eligible to get a diversity visa from?  I am curious 

I don't know Lisbeth's circumstances but people might be born elsewhere and now living in or citizen of the UK, or married to someone from an eligible country, or meet the narrow criteria to claim eligibility through their parents. Any of these might be eligible for DV. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.