hayk

DV 2017 winners, dates

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline

Hi.

I won DV 2017winner. My case number is 2017EU47**. Now the thing is that I knew that the application submission period starts on October 1. So I started to fill in DS260 in September and submitted it 3 days ago. After it I got a confirmation letter to my mail.

Can anyone say approximately when the interview will be scheduled? How I will know about it? And also what does the 2NL (second notification letter) mean?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Hi.

I won DV 2017winner. My case number is 2017EU47**. Now the thing is that I knew that the application submission period starts on October 1. So I started to fill in DS260 in September and submitted it 3 days ago. After it I got a confirmation letter to my mail.

Can anyone say approximately when the interview will be scheduled? How I will know about it? And also what does the 2NL (second notification letter) mean?

Thanks everyone in advance.

Ok so, you filled in the DS form quite late - many people submitted theirs back in May already. This will probably mean your interview will be later than it would have been if you had sent the DS earlier. It can take up to 3 months sometimes to process the DS260, and then another usually 6 week or so wait for the interview once it is scheduled, The 2NL is your notification of interview - it will be on the same web page as your initial selection letter (so make sure you print the selection letter out as it will be replaced by the 2NL in due course). When your case is ready for interview you'll get an email from KCC that will tell you there are updates on the entry check page, you will then go to that page to retrieve the details - which will only be on the website and not in their email.

Passport validity - 6 months after visa issue I think is the norm - if it looks like it will expire you should apply for a new one with plenty time to spare before the interview.

The instruction on the DV is that last name must match the passport - which will usually be the same as the birth certificate. Other documents are less important. There are some countries such as Egypt where conventions are not typically western last name and there is some leeway - I don't know if this is the type of thing you mean or if there is anything like this in Armenia. If it's simply a case of differing translations from a non-Roman alphabet (like Pyotr or Piotr from a Cyrillic alphabet would be as an example) that shouldn't be a problem.

Filed: Country: Armenia
Timeline
I am very thankful that you are considering my problem.

But let me tell you about these problems a little bit more.

The first problem is that my son is 19 at this moment. He should be serving in the armed forces (it is mandatory for men 18-20 years old in Armenia). But due to some health issues he got a deferment. Now he is in a deferment for a year, which means that he can have a passport which is valid in other countries only for 10 months (until April 1, 2017). Moreover he can not reissue that because this summer he has to pass medical exams, and if they find out that he can serve in the army he must join. Else, he will get one more deferment for a year and after it he can reissue the passport until April, 2018 (this will be in September, 2017). So what we can do about this problem? What will the embassy tell us to do? He should leave the country with this passport valid only 3-4 months (the interview most probably will be in mid January) or he will stay in the country.

The second problem is about my last name as I mentioned above. In birth certificate my last name is Movsisyan, in passport it is Movsisyan as well. But in my diploma (it is in Russian) and in my work book (where it is written where I worked, when it was, the name of the company, etc.; it is in Russian as well) my last name is Movsesyan. Actually it is written in Russian, but I have to translate it and in the translation it will be so. On the other hand I did not use that name, my official last name is Movsisyan and I marked that I did not use any other names. So, can this cause any problems in the embassy? Or might they refuse to issue a visa because of this?

Many thanks for your assistance,

With Best Regards,

Hayk.

I am very thankful that you are considering my problem.

But let me tell you about these problems a little bit more.

The first problem is that my son is 19 at this moment. He should be serving in the armed forces (it is mandatory for men 18-20 years old in Armenia). But due to some health issues he got a deferment. Now he is in a deferment for a year, which means that he can have a passport which is valid in other countries only for 10 months (until April 1, 2017). Moreover he can not reissue that because this summer he has to pass medical exams, and if they find out that he can serve in the army he must join. Else, he will get one more deferment for a year and after it he can reissue the passport until April, 2018 (this will be in September, 2017). So what we can do about this problem? What will the embassy tell us to do? He should leave the country with this passport valid only 3-4 months (the interview most probably will be in mid January) or he will stay in the country.

The second problem is about my last name as I mentioned above. In birth certificate my last name is Movsisyan, in passport it is Movsisyan as well. But in my diploma (it is in Russian) and in my work book (where it is written where I worked, when it was, the name of the company, etc.; it is in Russian as well) my last name is Movsesyan. Actually it is written in Russian, but I have to translate it and in the translation it will be so. On the other hand I did not use that name, my official last name is Movsisyan and I marked that I did not use any other names. So, can this cause any problems in the embassy? Or might they refuse to issue a visa because of this?

Many thanks for your assistance,

With Best Regards,

Hayk.

The translation of the name spelling is not a problem, but reopen your DS260 and fill in the different spelling under "other names used".

Your son's issue is a tricky one. He might not get a visa if he is under obligation to serve in the Armenian army. I suggest you contact the embassy to ask them both about this and the problem with the passport expiry date. This is not a common issue for DV.

Edited by SusieQQQ

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi. Looking at the posts above I am now worrying :(. We live in UK and my husband (polish nationality) is using translation of his forename (Michal as it appears in his passport ) as following: Mike and Michael - shall we mentioned it in DS 260 ??? We didn`t. We submitted our DS 260 quite late in the middle of July - if I unlock it now we might be delayed with our interview to further 3-4 months. What do you think ? As it is forename only and it is exact translation into language of the country we are living in for over 10 years -shall we bother ?? Michal : into Mike, Michael ??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.