apriljoy110

K1 Visa Approved - Not received for 3 weeks

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Hello,

My fiancé and I attended our interview at the US embassy in Paris on August 31, 2016. We were literally told that we had the easiest case they had ever seen and we were approved very quickly. They told us that we would receive it within 10 business days. We checked the status online and it says issued and to call if you have not received it within 10 business days of this status. We called and they hung up on my fiancé twice! Finally someone said to email. So we emailed them and they told us to call...we are at a loss of what to do from here.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi!

When your status changed to 'issued' it meant that they had just given it to the post office. Before that, it was still at the embassy.

Do you know when that was?

If it was less than a week ago, it probably still means it's getting shipped to your fiancé's place and you guys will be receiving it shortly!

Good luck :)

:luv:Our K1 Timeline :luv:

April 30 2014: met & lived together in California, Paris & London for a little over a year and a half

November 13 2015: Got engaged

April 2016: Hired a lawyer and started the K1 visa process

April 20 2016: I-129F sent

April 28 2016: NOA1 - CSC (hard copy)

July 8 2016: NOA2 - text/email (71 days, yay!)

July 13 2016: NOA2 - hard copy

July 27 2016: NVC received

July 29 2016: Case number assigned

August 04 2016: Received by the Paris Embassy

August 11 2016: Packet 3 received

September 16 2016: Medical appointment

September 21 2016: Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

:luv:POE & Wedding :luv:

October 18 2016: POE in Los Angeles, CA

November 4 2016: Wedding in Malibu, CA, on the beach :wub:

:luv:Our AOS Timeline :luv:

November 16 2016: Filed for AOS

December 7 2016: NOA date

January 5 2017: Biometrics appointment

January 19 2017: NOA for interview date

February 24 2017: Interview

Patiently waiting (sometimes) for the rest of our story to unfold :star:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Thank you guys! It was issued on the 8th so I guess we have 2 more business days to be too concerned. I just keep reading so many different things that its all a bit confusing. And after the appointment went so well and the agent said we'd have it no later than 10 business days from the appointment, I got a bit worried.

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I'm in same boat. My visa was issued on september 12th and I'm still waiting it. I don't know what they are doing at the US embassy in Paris. My interview was on September 7th. And I was also told that we will receive our passports back within 7 to 10 days. It's been 14 days right now.

Edit: I've just checked my status on CEAC and the "Status Updated Date" says today. So I may have news today. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Balmat

Timeline

Thank you guys! It was issued on the 8th so I guess we have 2 more business days to be too concerned. I just keep reading so many different things that its all a bit confusing. And after the appointment went so well and the agent said we'd have it no later than 10 business days from the appointment, I got a bit worried.

keep faith!!! good luck :dancing:

and keep us posted :goofy:

I'm in same boat. My visa was issued on september 12th and I'm still waiting it. I don't know what they are doing at the US embassy in Paris. My interview was on September 7th. And I was also told that we will receive our passports back within 7 to 10 days. It's been 14 days right now.

Edit: I've just checked my status on CEAC and the "Status Updated Date" says today. So I may have news today. Fingers crossed.

Hey guys! Since this seemed to be a huge topic amongst us Frenchies and I had my interview at the embassy today, I thought I would ask the CO about what "issued" actually meant to them. He confirmed that it meant that the visa had been printed and that the passport was off to the post office. So for any issues after that, calling the Embassy is a great idea but I would also contact La Poste just in case! :)

Hopefully you guys will receive your passports very shortly!

Good luck!! :)

April 30 2014: met & lived together in California, Paris & London for a little over a year and a half

Filed: E-3 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I saw on another topic that someone got a tracking number for a "lettre suivie" by email from the embassy. I didn't received any email of that sort yet. So "La poste" won't be able to help us without this tracking number.

Timeline

I've just received today the letter with the passports from the US embassy. It was sent with the transporter TNT not La Poste.

I'm relieved.

Hope you get yours soon!

Congratulation!!

04/22/2016 I-129F sent

04/28/2016 NAO1

07/08/2016 NAO2 text received

07/27/2016 : Reveiced at NVC

08/04/2016 : Received at embassy

08/11/2016 : Packet 3 received

09/13/2016: Medical

09/14/2016: Interview APPROVED

09/16/2016: Administrative processing

09/22/2016: Issued

09/27/2016: Visa received

10/06/2016: POE Oregon State

:goofy:

11/05/2016: AOS sent with EAD/AP

11/07/2016: Received in Chicago

11/19/2016: NAO1 by text

11/25/2016: NAO1 hard copies

12/14/2016: Biometrics appointment

Timeline

Ohhh whoaaaa congrats!!! Hopefully you'lol be able to leave really shortly ?

I'm curious about the whole TNT thing though, on the payment confirmation, did it say it was going to be send with La Poste for you? Cause mine says that so I wonder if they had a delivery issue and had to send it with something else ??

Anyway, you don't have to worry anymore now haha

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.