BlessingDawn

I-130 August 2016 Filers

827 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi, I just wondering the difference between I-797 and I-797c.. I got the one with a c.

I-797C simply means it's NOA1 - Notice of Action # 1 that indicates USCIS Acceptance of your petition.

When your I-130 petition is approved, you will receive the I-797 NOA2.

"The I-797C is simply a notification form that does not grant any benefit, such as permission to work or stay in the U.S. It is not an approval notice (which is issued on a plain I-797), and it can't be used as official documentation of your immigration status."

Source: http://peopleof.oureverydaylife.com/form-i797c-notice-action-9827.html

?

August 29: I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

August 31: I-130 Received in Chicago

September 03: NOA1 Email received with receipt number, assigned to Nebraska SC

Still waiting on the hardcopy NOA1, it has to come all the way to Australia.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi to all

my husband filed i-130 for me and for our baby last august 26.he mailed it to chicago lockbox.the bank has already cleared the account but he has not yet recieve a reciept notice. do you have an idea when he will recieve it?

Edited by ajmac

hi to all

my husband filed i-130 for me and for our baby last august 26.he mailed it to chicago lockbox.the bank has already cleared the account but he has not yet recieve a reciept notice. do you have an idea when he will recieve it?

If you also filed G-1145, usually it takes 3-5 working days for them to notify you via sms or email once they receive your application. You will receive the hard copy of the noa1 approximately 7-10 working days in mail. Edited by StellaMaries

Hi, I am assuming that your husband did not request for an e-notification. But not to worry coz email or sms were only receipt notice and to inform you that hardcopy of the noa1 will be sent thru mail.

Edited by StellaMaries

Hi. I'm new here. We filled in August too spouse visa

I-130 sent 08/09/16

Noa 1 received 08/16/2016

Sent to Potomac service center.

I'm so confused. Which one have we gone for the k3 or the cr1.

thank you stellamaries? do you have any idea how fast they process in potomac service center?

Hello, I'm not really sure but I found a thread here about it.. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/597559-potomac-service-center-processing-times/

You're welcome :)

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Does I-797C " NOA-1 " always come with an assigned Alien #?

I petitioned for both my kids and both I-797C has the same Alien #!

Is this right?

Thanks in advance.

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I-130 sent to chicago lockbox August 12

I-130 routed to Nebraska

NOA1 Agust 16

Received e-mail

still havent received hard copy in the mail

I-130 Petition Filed From Abroad

August 12-2016 Sent I-130 Petition to Chicago.

August 16-2016 USCIS received I-130, Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska.

February 21-2017 Approved I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

March 26-2017 Submitted I-864 AOS Email Processing

April 03-2017 Case Complete NVC in 1 week

May 23-2017  Interview Date

May 23-2017 Approved!. Thank GOD!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I-130 sent to chicago lockbox August 12

I-130 routed to Nebraska

NOA1 Agust 16

Received e-mail

still havent received hard copy in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.