khan001

IMMIGRATION OF SPOUSE (marriage through skype)online

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-4 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

@

Cheezees

Sir I seriously don't know I was using "they".. I was trying to get this question answered for my friend, so i guess thats why I was using they. I already new about this online thing and when i filled case for my brother, i did it following proper steps, mention on visa journey and other immigration help websites.

I told my friend about all the feedback yall guys provide and he is considering to go back to Pakistan and get married properly.

thanks

AND JUST TO BE CLEAR U DO NOT HAVE TO SLEEP TOGETHER EVEN AFTER MARRIAGE TO FILE I130, WHO EVER SAID MIGHT HAVE WRONG INFO ABOUT IT.

tHERE IS NO NEED TO DEBATE AND I RESPECT EVERYONE WHO GIVE THEIR FEEDBACK,

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY YALL

You do need to consummate the marriage before filing IF it was a proxy marriage (marriage where one or both persons are not present in the same room before the officiant). Now, USCIS is not going to ask for a medical examination to prove you had sex after you were married. What they will want to see is evidence of the couple spending at least one night in the same place (hotel receipt for one room, for example). What took place in the room is no one's business but the people in the room.

No one suggested you should have sex before marriage. You totally misunderstood the other poster. He said you cannot for the I-130 until the MARRIAGE has been consummated. Even if you have been intimate prior to the marriage but have a proxy marriage you would still need to consummate it before filing. What happens before the marriage does not matter or count. It's what happens after you are declared man and wife that matters.

There is no requirement for an in-person marriage. It's possible to marry in person, never see each other naked or have sex and still file the I-130 and be approved for a spousal visa.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** several posts removed for personal attacks. Post with constructive advice for the OP or do not post ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

HEY EVERYONE,

I have a question about Form -130

first let me explain, I'm living in USA and want to married someone in Pakistan.

My question is that, is it possible get married online, (Nikkah through Skype) and then apply for I-130 for my spouse.

And once get married and then filling I-130, what should put I as location of where married occurred.

or should i go back to Pakistan and get married and come back and file I-130

THANKS FOR UR RESPONSE GUYS.

YES I HAD MET HER IN PERSON BEFORE, SHE IS MY COUSIN. BUT NOW I'M IN USA SO...WANT TO SAVE TRIP TO GO BACK AND GET MARRIED AND COME BACK AND APPLY FOR CASE

I got what yall r saying, and yes Nikkah(marriage can be done online), and NADRA issues to registered copy of marriage certificate,

what we were planning to do was get Nikkah done through online(BY SKYPE) and apply for I-130, and and when Visa go to NVC, then we can go back and finish formalities.

As I mention, about meeting her, i didn't mean they slept together before marriage. They just know each other because they r cousins There is nothing happen yet, and will not be happening until they will get married, and JUST TO BE CLEAR "THEY DIDN'T HAVE DONE ANY DIRTY", AND AGAIN THEY WILL NOT UNTIL THEY WILL GET MARRIED., Pakistan is ISLAMIC country and we follow our religion properly.

Respectively Sir,

They DO, There is restriction of First cousin Marriage in some states but in some its allow, i.e. Alaska allows first cousin marriage

and this question i ask is for my friend so I'm not sure if he is marrying his first cousin, I just said to show that both male and female know each other

Why the change from yesterday's "I am" or "we are" to today's "my friend"?

**And this has nothing to do with pakistan being an islamic country. Plenty of pakistanis have pre-marital sex; ever heard of youtube?

Edited by KierenHby

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Montana does proxy marriage, neither person has to be a resident.

Won't help OP though because with a proxy marriage, they still need to meet as they have to consummate the marriage so then they might as well just have an in person ceremony.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HEY EVERYONE,

I have a question about Form -130

first let me explain, I'm living in USA and want to married someone in Pakistan.

My question is that, is it possible get married online, (Nikkah through Skype) and then apply for I-130 for my spouse.

And once get married and then filling I-130, what should put I as location of where married occurred.

or should i go back to Pakistan and get married and come back and file I-130

please assist me with this situation.

thanks in advance.

yes you should go to pakistan and get married come back to US and file form i-130.. Nikah on skype not works now for filing petition for spouse. in nikah both should be present at place where getting married..

Form I-130 sent ------------ 06/17/2016

NOA1 (Email) ------------ 06/23/2016

NOA1 Hardcopy Received ------------ 06/27/2016

:clock: :clock: :clock: :clock: :clock:

Montana does proxy marriage, neither person has to be a resident.

But one must be a serving member of the military.

http://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/40/1/40-1-301.htm

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

But one must be a serving member of the military.

http://leg.mt.gov/bills/mca/40/1/40-1-301.htm

Oops, we'll I know about cause of a military friend. Apologize for not researching completely

HEY GUYS FIRST OF ALL THANKS FOR UR FEEDBACK

As I mention, about meeting her, i didn't mean they slept together before marriage. They just know each other because they r cousins There is nothing happen yet, and will not be happening until they will get married, and JUST TO BE CLEAR "THEY DIDN'T HAVE DONE ANY DIRTY", AND AGAIN THEY WILL NOT UNTIL THEY WILL GET MARRIED., Pakistan is ISLAMIC country and we follow our religion properly.

anyway I don't want to start debate, AND JUST TO BE CLEAR U DO NOT HAVE TO SLEEP TOGETHER EVEN AFTER MARRIAGE TO FILE I130, WHO EVER SAID MIGHT HAVE WRONG INFO ABOUT IT.

tHERE IS NO NEED TO DEBATE AND I RESPECT EVERYONE WHO GIVE THEIR FEEDBACK,

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY YALL

You don't want to start a debate? Then why ask the questions. Immigration is going to look at this case with lots of suspicion. Marrying your cousin??? The plan you have made here will NOT WORK. It's that simple. I guess you don't want to hear the truth. The marrying cousin thing grosses me out. Sounds like immigration fraud to me???

I have no idea why "they" is being used. Were you referring to yourself and your first cousin/soon-to-be wife? Is there something I missed here?

Yeah something is fishy here. Perhaps a troll? It just keeps getting juicier and grosser...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Those of y'all wondering about 1st cousin marriages in the USA, here is a link..I learned something new today.And for the first time, Texas is part of cool states :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state

You don't want to start a debate? Then why ask the questions. Immigration is going to look at this case with lots of suspicion. Marrying your cousin??? The plan you have made here will NOT WORK. It's that simple. I guess you don't want to hear the truth. The marrying cousin thing grosses me out. Sounds like immigration fraud to me???

First cousin marriages are legal in lots of states...

Edited by IcezMan_IcezLady

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Those of y'all wondering about 1st cousin marriages in the USA, here is a link..I learned something new today.And for the first time, Texas is part of cool states :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state

First cousin marriages are legal in lots of states...

Just because marriage of first cousins is legal (in some states) doesn't mean that immigration will not be suspicious. That was the point I was trying to make.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Just because marriage of first cousins is legal (in some states) doesn't mean that immigration will not be suspicious. That was the point I was trying to make.

As an FYI, marriage between cousins is common in Pakistan. So it would not be suspicious at all. Additionally, cousin is used to mean any type of cousin could be first or 5th cousin. Although other areas of the story here have changed a bit, the OP did not specified first cousin or more distant cousin, not that that matters but maybe it will help you to be less judgemental about it.
Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You were just offensive.

Which relationship is automatically seen as genuine? If that was the case, bona fide relationship wouldn't be necessary.

What is so fishy about someone getting married? Was yours fishy too?

The only thing OP needed from response for was on how he wants to get married via Skype.

Not pretend to be CO over something else.

As an FYI, marriage between cousins is common in Pakistan. So it would not be suspicious at all. Additionally, cousin is used to mean any type of cousin could be first or 5th cousin. Although other areas of the story here have changed a bit, the OP did not specified first cousin or more distant cousin, not that that matters but maybe it will help you to be less judgemental about it.

^^exactly...the fact that you don't like it doesn't make you a moral judge.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.