josei27

CR-1

15 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi so our story goes on for years, but we just got married 2015 march in Ghana!! yay!!!! im excited but now i have been away from him for over a yr. our process started in september. we got a letter saying we are waiting for interview appointment. i have read so many stories seems Ghana embassy is very tough, can i accompany my husband to interview and will it help? and what are some things that he needs to bring. as im concerned i would not have alot of evidence cause in reality never thought about saving are getting call logs, and chat conversations. And sadly i dont have all pictures from my first visit cause we broke up and ya know us women, i got rid of everything that reminded me of him at the time. :oops: Women right!!! hmmm im concerned about this interview!!

BEST WISHES (L)(F)(L)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congrats on getting to this point! Yes, Ghana is a tough embassy, but getting approved is possible.

- You can accompany your husband to the embassy, but they won't allow you inside. They changed the rules recently because of security reasons. I would suggest including some kind of evidence that he can give to the consulate showing you are in the country and outside waiting.

- Along with the required documents (medical, police clearance, birth certificate, etc), definitely bring any evidence that you can collect to show that your relationship has continued since you got married and submitted your petition. This embassy is no joke and wants to see everything possible. Did you frontload..meaning did you send a lot of evidence with your initial petition? If you don't mind my asking, what did you send with your initial petition? Maybe some of us can offer suggestions of things you can quickly collect.

Timeline

Congrats on getting to this point! Yes, Ghana is a tough embassy, but getting approved is possible.

- You can accompany your husband to the embassy, but they won't allow you inside. They changed the rules recently because of security reasons. I would suggest including some kind of evidence that he can give to the consulate showing you are in the country and outside waiting.

- Along with the required documents (medical, police clearance, birth certificate, etc), definitely bring any evidence that you can collect to show that your relationship has continued since you got married and submitted your petition. This embassy is no joke and wants to see everything possible. Did you frontload..meaning did you send a lot of evidence with your initial petition? If you don't mind my asking, what did you send with your initial petition? Maybe some of us can offer suggestions of things you can quickly collect.

Thank you, i only sent a lot of pictures and passport stamps, marriage certificate and a personal letter of our love story. Not much!!!!

- Well im currently in school and work, kinda hard to get time away for such a trip, so I wasn't planning to join the interview unless it would help, even though i would love to go.

BEST WISHES (L)(F)(L)

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Congrats!!

The Ghana Emassy wants to a paper trail of conversations and contact since the very first Hello. With continued contact up until like a day before or two of the interview.

-Emails

-Phone Records/Call Logs

-Pictures/Photo Album(s) - (with you and him and family members/friends)

-Facebook Inbox messages - pics from FB or anywhere where friends and family commented on the pics ...

-WhatsApp

-Screen shots help

-Copies of Letters to each other

-Any and all social media or correspondence (at least a page for each week)

-Notarized Letters from your parents and/or family, friends that have witnessed a bona fide marriage

***** Your job is to convince the Embassy that the intentions are Pure and bona-fide relationship ****

Prayers and Blessings ****

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you, i only sent a lot of pictures and passport stamps, marriage certificate and a personal letter of our love story. Not much!!!!

- Well im currently in school and work, kinda hard to get time away for such a trip, so I wasn't planning to join the interview unless it would help, even though i would love to go.

As I've been thinking about this, you might really want to consider going to the interview. To the Ghana embassy face-to-face time is like gold. They may question why you haven't seen your husband since you two got married.

Since you didn't submit any communication evidence, your hubby should take chats, call logs, Skype, Facebook, whatever you have available.

Other things to consider:

- Letters of support from family

- Do you have any bills with your hubby's name on it?

- Did you file joint taxes?

- Additional evidence from trips you took to Ghana.

I don't mean to worry you, but you will really need to send as much evidence as you can gather before the interview. This embassy is one of the toughest in the world. My now hubby was denied a K1 because of a picture. Some people have known each other for years and been denied.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Since you do not have the desired amount of communication evidence plus adequate other relationship evidence I strongly

suggest you be on the premises at the time of the interview. Bring everything that you have to point to a bona fide marriage

and before the marriage.

Do you have a small life insurance policy with him as a the beneficiary ?

Does he own land or property he can add you to on the ownership documents ?

Letters of affidavits from your family and friends and his, attesting to a genuine relationship ?

You won't get by with no communication evidence, figure out how to print whatever evidence you do have, surely you

have phone logs, some chats ? Bring it all.

He can hand over your passport as soon as he approaches the CO and say 'my wife is waiting outside she would love to

be present for the interview' while you wait outside.

She won't be let in but at least they know you took the time and effort to be there.

If the visa gets refused and case send back to USCIS you can wait another 12-18 months for the next step, so that should

be enough motivation to fly over. If still refused at least you now have more evidence of another face to face visit.

Take lots of photos and save every receipt, tickets, boarding passes etc.....save every chat, phone call, app chat,

facebook chat from now on.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

I wish you all the best, but is not easy at all. for my prove all I can ,but I was still denied. I sent my wife passport but still the Co didn't look at it. Every case is different. Goodluck

I wish you all the best, but is not easy at all. for my prove all I can ,but I was still denied. I sent my wife passport but still the Co didn't look at it. Every case is different. Goodluck

*~*~* moved from "CR-1 spouse visa processes and procedures" to "Africa regional discussion" as OP is asking for help advice specifically for interviews in Ghana*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

Thanks everyone for your advice and help, though i am scared, but i believe we can get it together. Im so appreciative as i thought maybe we were past the hard part until i found this website, we would have been totally unprepared otherwise. Thanks again prayers and blessing to you all and your journey. :luv:

BEST WISHES (L)(F)(L)

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello VJ members. I have a question. Our case was reaffirmed and NVC sent our case back to Ghana embassy since Aug 3rd. Our case is on AP. Why would we be in AP before our interview? Thanks.

Timeline

AP is administrative processing as you know and that is what your case is undergoing presently, processing until the embassy

has it in their system and may or may not make a change to your ceac updates.

The embassy does not have you case in their system and even if they do you have to wait until they decide to move forward.

You still have some months to wait.

Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

AP is administrative processing as you know and that is what your case is undergoing presently, processing until the embassy

has it in their system and may or may not make a change to your ceac updates.

The embassy does not have you case in their system and even if they do you have to wait until they decide to move forward.

You still have some months to wait.

Ebunoluwa our case was reaffirmed in July and NVC mailed us saying the case was on transit going to the US embassy in Ghana. on the 3rd August the status on ceac website change to administrative processing... So the embassy got our case ... But we only want to know if this is Normal to be back in AP, because a friend told me after they got reaffirmed the status says ( READY )

Timeline

Ebunoluwa our case was reaffirmed in July and NVC mailed us saying the case was on transit going to the US embassy in Ghana. on the 3rd August the status on ceac website change to administrative processing... So the embassy got our case ... But we only want to know if this is Normal to be back in AP, because a friend told me after they got reaffirmed the status says ( READY )

Yes, it is normal, not everyone receives an immediate READY. It is also not a certainty that a visa will be issued, the CO will review

what they receive from USCIS and then determine if they want to issue or refuse and return again.

It will say AP until they have reviewed and decided how they will proceed.

Spoiler

Timeline

Yes, it is normal, not everyone receives an immediate READY. It is also not a certainty that a visa will be issued, the CO will review

what they receive from USCIS and then determine if they want to issue or refuse and return again.

It will say AP until they have reviewed and decided how they will proceed.

Thank you very much i now understand this part of the process... Either to issue a visa or refuse? Refusing will be after interview or they can decide to return the case without interview...????

Timeline

Refused after 2. Interview. Don't recall seeing a refused before 2. Interview although they can if they want to. Discretion is a wide mantle !

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.