stfiii

RFE on I-864 Affidavit of Support for one of the K2's in my group?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

So this is strange.

I sent in AOS paper work for my Wife and her two children as follows.

Wife:

I-485 (AOS)

I-765 (Employment)

I-131 (Advance Parole)

Child #1:

I-485 (AOS)

I-765 (Employment)

I-131 (Advance Parole)

Child #2

I-485 (AOS)

I-765 (Employment)

I-131 (Advance Parole)

and I-864 Affidavit of Support duplicated for all three packages.

For some reason I got an RFE on the I-864 Affidavit of support, but it was an RFE on one of the Child's application and not the other two applications. The RFE was asking for me to send in a copy of my Tax Return for the most recent tax year.

I originally only supplied W2's for the last three years with my I-864, so maybe that is why I got the RFE.

I wonder why I didn't receive the RFE for all three AOS packages, and only got the one RFE for the one child?

Does anyone know, if once the package is accepted, does the USCIS keep the packet intact, so it's one processor handling all three of my files, or do they break the files apart and assign them out individually?

Met in person summer of 1986

Started Dating August 24 1989

Started dating second time around March 12th 2015

Engaged May 17th 2015

Married May 21st 2016

Sent I-129F: June 18th, 2015

NOA1: June 23rd 2015

NOA2: July 22nd 2015

NVC Received: August 6th, 2015

Consulate Received: August 14th, 2015

Interview: March 15th, 2016 APPROVED!!!

Visa Received: March 23rd, 2016

POE: April 15th, 2016 Otay Mesa Border Crossing (San Diego)

Sunset Wedding: May 21st, 2016 at 7:15PM On the Beach in Carpinteria, California.

----------------------

AOS

I-485 Filed: June 17th, 2016

I-765 Filed: June 17th, 2016

I-131 Filed: June 17th, 2016

NOA Received July 4th 2016

Biometrics Appointment: July 30th at 8AM

Biometrics Completed: July 21st 2016 (Oxnard Ca, No Line, no waiting, went 9 days early)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Do as requested by the RFE. Trying to second guess USCIS is next to impossible.

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.