60 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Gee AllhumdulilAllah my visa got issued today, my Interview was on 9th August went into AP and just got issued today 26th September 2016.

Thank you all for the prayers and InshahAllah soon all will get approval.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Wow! Congrats, my friend. I am happy for you yet sad because there has been no update in my case. Like I said, your visa would probably be issued after Eid. Though, it took a little more time.

Does the time taken in administrative processing relate to the number of members from a family who have applied for for the visa? More applications = more time needed?

Edited by APvictim

Timeline

No Buddy it does not matter at all, it even does not matter if its an immigrant visa or a non immigrant visa, the AP process is the same.

Just hang in there and relax as i know people who had no updates and got two back to back updates and got their visa issued.

i have gathered some information and it seems the average time is 1.5 to 2 months for AP process from the day of your Interview.

Just hang in there have high hopes. and tell your partner to start packing things slowly.

:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiance has been waiting for 8 months and still no visa issue they gave him also the 221 mark AP every time we sent an email to the embassy they keep saying the cases under AP and there's nothing really we can do just said and wait

Timeline

Dont worry about it, sometimes the case get stuck due to one of many reasons, no one can assist you in expediting the AP process as its not in anyone's hand rather the system does all the work, acquires information from various departments.

secondly the AP process is same for immigrant non immigrant and for all other categories.

Just Hang in there and good luck to you.

Usually when you guys check the status in CEAC - when you get updates- Do you guys see the update in morning or evening time ? I think all its checking this administrative processing is done in Washington DC as by my search in Internet. OR it's done inside embassy -

Timeline

Usually when you guys check the status in CEAC - when you get updates- Do you guys see the update in morning or evening time ? I think all its checking this administrative processing is done in Washington DC as by my search in Internet. OR it's done inside embassy -

No that has not been confirmed that if we check the status via ceas, the last updated status gets updated, Yes the AP process has multiple departments linked into it, name check from FBI, BackGround check from local authorities, eventually when the process is completed, you get final one update from USA then in the next morning the CO at the embassy does the last update which is issued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.