60 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Any update asad?

I applied for NIV visa with my dad, mom, elder brother and my younger brother.

The embassy told us we'd get the visa in a few working days.

The next day, they let us know that our cases are going necessary (background check) administrative processing.

Interview day: 23 May.

Last date update: 24 May.

It's been more than 3 months now. Still no response.

And no updates.

My father has been travelling to the us since 1998. He's never faced a problem like this before ever.

This time on his business exhibition, on a business visa, he agreed on taking mom and my brothers too,but of course, on tourist visa/visit visa. They didn't ask for any additional documents or information.

Any advice?

We've tried emailing the embassy multiple times and the response is always the exact same thing. Do they even actually read the emails? They tell us that our cases have been updated but there has been no update on the date on CEAC.

Ah, I'm losing ohope each day passes.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hey, Sorry for late reply, well mine was a f2a case, my wife has a green card, my interview was on the 9 August, you may have read the thread above, it was put in AP,

Well after going through alot of seminar cases here at VJ, and a couple of other reliable resources, no one can predict the exact duration for an AP, Although it was much longer after 9/11, Then with the passage of time the number of cases in AP reduced and along with duration of the stay of the AP,

But recently in 2016, more ratio of the applicants specially males went through AP, They have reduced the time, an average of 4 to 8 weeks but remember an average not maximum or minimum.

Although where ever ive seen a longer delay, that is someone here had a 22 months hold, one person/guy i met he was in AP for the last 8 months but he had a visit visa, all of them had interviews like in 2013,14, and early 15.

And in end 2015 and 2016, Most of the people have had their passports stamped in about 8 weeks ( +- 1 week )

regarding the emails, they only reply with standard response, no specific time as they themself don;t know for sure, there are different departments/ organizations involved. so everything can go smooth or otherway around just because of delay from one of many departments.

There are two type of Updates at CEAC http://www.***removed***/immigration/lud-last-update-date.html

Good Luck to you too and don't worry you will hear good news soon. Just Hang in there.

Regards

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Again had an update on the 28th. Now is frequent updates good or bad can anyone share their past experience.

Do you remember what time the case updated on August 28? I am trying to see if someone at US embassy Islamabad was working on it or someone in USA (NVC etc) was working on it.

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Timeline

Nope don't remember the exact time as the CEAS does not have the time slot, i usually check when ever i get time off, so can't tell you the exact time. although let me tell you this that NVC has nothing to do with it anymore once it reached Embassy, our Immigrant cases are approved, Although it can be the name check, Internal Affairs, State Department, Local Background Check.

Just pray that it does not get delayed at any relevant department.

What is your interview date?

Timeline

Nope don't remember the exact time as the CEAS does not have the time slot, i usually check when ever i get time off, so can't tell you the exact time. although let me tell you this that NVC has nothing to do with it anymore once it reached Embassy, our Immigrant cases are approved, Although it can be the name check, Internal Affairs, State Department, Local Background Check.

Just pray that it does not get delayed at any relevant department.

What is your interview date?

Had my interview on Aug. 12 and case was put to AP. Only one update so far. How many updates have you gotten since your interivew btw.

Come join the Scan Date to Case Complete thread. To be added to the Scan Date to Case Complete spreadsheet, simply post your Scan Date and/or Case Complete date in the thread. You will be added to the spreadsheet which is available now.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/592291-scan-date-to-case-complete-spreadsheet/

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

Timeline

Mine was on 9th August, had a couple of Soft Last Updates, like around 4 till now but that does not matter bro, i tell you its all fanda :)

Just wait and pray. everything happens for a good reason.

Just stop counting days. put a reminder in your mobile calendar for 12th October for start getting worried.

2 months are average for AP. So relax buddy and good luck

Timeline

Mine was on 9th August, had a couple of Soft Last Updates, like around 4 till now but that does not matter bro, i tell you its all fanda :)

Just wait and pray. everything happens for a good reason.

Just stop counting days. put a reminder in your mobile calendar for 12th October for start getting worried.

2 months are average for AP. So relax buddy and good luck

Can I know the dates for when your case got updated? I think getting updates is a good sign.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi there I am new to this forum!

I applied for J-1 visa and interviewed on 22nd October 2015 and since then my status stuck at "administrative processing". I mailed to embassy many times but they replied always with saying "wait and be patient". If anyone has any suggestion regarding my situation kindly help me. I applied for J-1 exchange visitor category on a scholarship from my country's higher education commission, there is no unusual situation and no objection on my case and it is my first time to apply for any country's visa.

Timeline

Can I know the dates for when your case got updated? I think getting updates is a good sign.

my interview was on 9th August

First Update: 10th August

Second Update: 11th August

Third: 19th August

Fourth: 29th August.

I still believe alot of updates can be a negative thing as well :) cause why do they need extra work on a case if all is well :)

Allah khair karega

Timeline

I applied for J-1 visa and interviewed on 22nd October 2015 and since then my status stuck at "administrative processing". I mailed to embassy many times but they replied always with saying "wait and be patient". If anyone has any suggestion regarding my situation kindly help me. I applied for J-1 exchange visitor category on a scholarship from my country's higher education commission, there is no unusual situation and no objection on my case and it is my first time to apply for any country's visa.

Dear Adeela, Just relax, this is just an additional security check process, no one can define the exact date or time, just pray and stay positive, nowadays normally it is taking an average of 2 months but remember an average.

You will get an update on the ceac when ever you send an e mail, no no need for that aswell.

Embassy will never give you an exact date as its not their policy and because they them self dont know for sure how much time it will take.

Timeline

I am sorry such a long delay on your visa. Are you going to US for studies on Fulbright scholarhsip?

Timeline

I am sorry such a long delay on your visa. Are you going to US for studies on Fulbright scholarhsip?

Thanks for your concern!

No it is 6 months scholarship for research purpose.

Timeline

Dear Adeela, Just relax, this is just an additional security check process, no one can define the exact date or time, just pray and stay positive, nowadays normally it is taking an average of 2 months but remember an average.

You will get an update on the ceac when ever you send an e mail, no no need for that aswell.

Embassy will never give you an exact date as its not their policy and because they them self dont know for sure how much time it will take.

Yeah you are right!

but it is very frustrating process, specially when you have shortage of time.

Thanks for your concerns!

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you Asad.

And concerning your question.

Apparently, frequent updates are a good sign. Your case is probably being worked on by different agencies like the FBI or homeland securities. This is good news for you. I have a feeling your visa will be issued after Eid. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.