lele612

K1 Visa Embassy Paris Update

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

So I had to have my fiance call the NVC yesterday to finally find out that the Embassy received my case in June 16th, a month after NVC sent it, and sent Packet 3 in an e-mail that got lost. So up, I got a month late Packet 3. Good news is, I have most of the documents ready. Bad news is, I now have to wait until the online appointment system puts August dates available. When my petition expires September 1st. I don't know what to do. Today, I checked my CEAC status, and the status update date changed to July 27th, TODAY. Yet, there are no e-mails, no information whatsoever, no dates are available on the online appointment system and I am lost. Now, for most of you who are gonna comment on this like last time to tell me to contact the embassy: I DID. TOO MANY TIMES. I called them like 20 times, e-mailed them, filled their contact inquiry forms, and NOTHING. For you to believe this, I must provide today's example, where I called the operator again, spending a ton of money cause it's an international number (I'm portuguese), explained my situation. She was gonna give me the automated immigrant visa section message and I begged her not to cause I had that a million times and it wasn't of help, she asked if I e-mailed, I said I did and no one ever replied, she asked if I filled the inquiry form, I said I did and no one contacted me, I was in the verge of tears asking her to help me, and she says "Hold on just a moment" so my eyes lit up thinking this one would finally give me answers, or redirect me to talk to someone, and she did what? Gave me the automated message of the immigrant section.

Soooo, I have concluded they are dicks. They don't care the slightest about your case and they never will. Hence why I am here posting, again, to maybe have some solutions from fellow K1 visa applicants.

Please help me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I mean it's a bit confusing. What is it you are waiting for?

You got package 3 and have almost? gathered all your documents. I assume you have had your medical, DS-160 and paid your visa fee?

The embassy can extend your approval (NOA2) so you don't have to be so nervous about that.

I mean if thats the way the embassy in France does it then all you can do is wait for them to open up for you to book your medical.

Have your tried to ask in the France-forum how others there have gone through the embassies steps?

And why are you at embassy in France if you live in Portugal? (Don't have to answer I'm just curious)

Timeline

Because there are no August dates available. I called the call center, cause I'm allowed to schedule online apparently, cause there's no Packet 4 anymore, and they said there are none right now, By September, I cant stay in my country anymore, for personal reasons.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Because there are no August dates available. I called the call center, cause I'm allowed to schedule online apparently, cause there's no Packet 4 anymore, and they said there are none right now, By September, I cant stay in my country anymore, for personal reasons.

Well honestly the embassy can't do nothing about that. That is your own planning there should have been better. May sound harsh but it is what it is. They can't cancel others just so you can have yours.

I do hope you get it but all you can do is wait. Keep calling, mailing and so on the embassy about this I really think have the opposite effect.

Timeline

Well honestly the embassy can't do nothing about that. That is your own planning there should have been better. May sound harsh but it is what it is. They can't cancel others just so you can have yours.

I do hope you get it but all you can do is wait. Keep calling, mailing and so on the embassy about this I really think have the opposite effect.

Should have been better? In case you are thinking I scheduled plane tickets to the US, you are wrong. I have my own personal reasons, but that's not the problem. Because of their error, I lost a MONTH of time to do things, and now I have to extend my petition for further than September, because there might not be August dates. Not to mention the documents that might lose validity, like birth certificate and criminal certificate, In case you're wondering, I am not rich, I don't have money to keep spending. The instructions on the embassy website tell me to schedule online, the call center for the visa appointment system doesn't let me. They can't cancel others to have mine, but they also shouldn't have left mine alone for a month. Do not patronize the embassy, they mocked me endlessly, and their negligence is something I will never forget. I have been contacting them since JUNE and nothing. Maybe the embassy you went to works differently, but this one works like this. All I am asking if for actual advice that helps.

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

please tel us about your interview, did they ask for affidavit of support?

03/18/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

03/30/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

04/04/16....$340 check cashed

04/06/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

04/08/16....NOA1 hardcopy received by post

04/11/16....called to USCIS inform about Name typo

04/27/16....Name typo updated

06/29/16....Got RFE

07/15/16....RFE was received by USCIS

08/01/16....NOA2 approved

WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS.. WAIT/CALLING TO USCIS..CONTACTING USCIS SUPERVISER..CONTACTING SENATOR..

10/03/16....Case sent to NVC (THEY LOST OUR CASE AND STOLE 2.5 MONTHS OF OUR HAPPINESS. Only senator's involvement helped to sort it out.)

10/13/16....NVC assigned case number (after waiting more than average)

WAIT/CALLING TO NVC.. WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...WAIT/CALLING TO NVC...LOSING MY MIND AGAIN..

11/16/16....NVC status changed to IN TRANSIT. Yay!

11/20/16....US Embassy received file but never contacted me

11/26/16....packet 3 received by consulate (packet 3 instructions was never sent by embassy, I sent packet 3 regardless)

11/28/16....interview scheduled on 12/22/2016

12/22/16....CO refused to consider self-earned income and refused co-sponsor. Refused to take in consideration my own assets and property income and well established freelance business. Asked to show $100K++ on bank account while he knew that we have maybe only $70K cash. 

03/22/17....After several fights was interviewed in Paris. They kept my passport. Was told Administrative Processing won't take more than 2-3 weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.