rochelel

Visa Interview

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the CR-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- very general query involves that phase. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am trying to get to my wife's interview

Want to Speed up NVC Process ?

Check Guides From Guide section for doccuments and list of stuff and follow this steps

Step 1 After USCIS NOA2 Gather all AOS / IV Package Documents In 3 weeks

Between USCIS Approving and NVC Case Number you have 2 to 3 weeks gather all AOS and IV Documents Get package ready.

Step 2 Obtain NVC Invoice and Case number.

​After 2 weeks of NOA2 Keep on Calling NVC every day to get case number And Invoice number

Step 3 Pay First Fee and DS261

After getting NVC Case Number and Invoice Number Log in to webpage Pay First Fee and Fill out DS261 Takes 24 to 38 Hr to get fee status paid.

Step 4 Conform Agent / Ds261 Over Phone and Sent out Documents

Once First fee turns Paid Online ( Usualy 24 to 48 hr) Call NVC And conform choice of agent over Phone If they won't keep on calling them Until someone will Or other fee won't be unlocked.Also Once you get Welcome letter on email Print out Document Checklist sheet And Sent in your documents to NVC

Step 5 Pay Other Fee and Fill out DS260 (Total time from DS 261 to here should be no longer then 15 days )

​Step 6 Conform Document delivery AT NVC And Ask them Processing Time..

Step 7 Check For CC ( Hopefully no REF )

Call them every other day 2 weeks from DS260 and Check status.. Also Check Online NVC Page If you have 3 N/A your case Complete! Congratulation you are almost done.

Step 8 48 Hr After CC Conformation Call NVC For appointment for interview

Congratulation On your NVC CC AND Good Luck with Interview

Need Help? Feel free to contact me Or Post in appropriate forum section

​Like my suggestion ?

Rep would be nice for help.

Help other and spread Knowledge!

Been to my wife's interview and felt it made a difference. Great experience if you attend. No need to if you have everything in order.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Would they even allow spouses to attend the interview. I read somewhere that it's not recommended as space is limited. my husband's interview is on August 5th; and if attending makes a difference I would attend his interview.

Depends on the embassy. Some embassy's it is a must.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/

Can review embassy info

I cant attend my fiancé's interview. it is prohibited for me to enter or be on the premises of the consulate on the day of his interview. so I must wait...impatiently lol :clock:

Timeline:

• Met on Facebook - September 18, 2016
  • Started Dating - December 30, 2016
  • Met in Person - September 25, 2017 (Surprised him for his birthday)
  • Got Engaged! - September 28, 2017 ♥
  • Filed for I-129F - December 22, 2017
  • Rec'd NOA1(Text/Email) - January 2, 2018 :D
  • Rec'd Hard Copy NOA1 (Letter) - Jan. 3, 2018 (letter dated Dec. 29, 2017)
  • Rec'd RFE notice (email 7/24/18) - Pending hard copy letter :whistle:
  • Rec'd RFE letter in mail (July 27, 2018). Needs details about previous petition <_<
  • Mailed RFE - Sept. 06, 2018 (will be rec'd Saturday and picked up by Monday)
  • USCIS confirmed RFE rec'd (email, text & USCIS App) - Sept, 11, 2018
  • NOA2 Approval Letter - rec'd Nov. 17, 2018 (dated Nov. 09, 2018) - approximately  10 1/2 months of waiting! 😞
  • NVC Rec'd Petition - Nov. 23, 2018
  • NVC Case # - PENDING 👈
  • Case # Rec'd - December 06, 2018
  • In Transit to Embassy - Dec. 26, 2018
  • CEAC says 'READY' - Dec. 28, 2018 😀 (Super Fast)
  • PENDING Interview Date 🤯
  • Rec'd Interview Packet (Email) January 29, 2019
  • Interview Schedule FEBRUARY 26!!
  • Interview Results - Stuck in AP - Was given the DS-5535 Questionnaire. Kept his passport - pending results
  • After 8 CEAC updates (If I counted correctly) still waiting in AP. Last update was today-June 24, 2019.
  • CEAC updated #9 - August 8, 2019 - but this might be from an inquiry I made the day before - maybe not a true 'update'
  • CEAC Update #10 - Sept. 25, 2019 (my fiance's B-Day) - made another online inquiry to embassy & called NVC for status update
  • CEAC Update #11 - Sept. 27, 2019 - most likely based from my online inquiry
  • CEAC Update #12 - Sept. 30, 2019 - Case went from AP to Application Received. Switched from Immigrant Visa App to Non-Immigrant 😁😁😁
  • Rec'd Call from Embassy!! October 2, 2019 - Time to re-do medical exam!
  • Completed New Medical Exam - October 4, 2019 - Dropped off at Aramex 😀
  • Aramex Confirmation of Delivery to Embassy for Medical - Oct. 7th, 2019
  • CEAC Update #13 - Non-Immigrant Administrative Processing - Oct. 09, 2019
  • VISA ISSUED! October 11, 2019 (last CEAC update!) 😱 FINALLLYYYYY!!!!
  • Arrived to the US! Oct. 24, 2019
  • Married Dec. 07, 2019 😍
  • Filed AOS/EAD/AP - Jan. 21, 2020
  • Rec'd I-797C Notice - Interview on 10/13/2020
  • Mailed ROC Packet via FedEx - 09.06.2022
  • ROC Packet Delivered - 09.08.2022

event.png

I was there for my family's interview (husband, 3 children). In fact, I answered most of the questions. I was waiting for the CO to tell me to shut up but he never did. I think it made a difference because before the interview started my husband noticed a video camera pointed at our family. I think they were watching to see how we interacted with one another.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My Thai wife going to have her us visa interview next month, could anybody tell me the number of questions that will be ask

This question is a different topic than the orginal OP's question and is considered thread hijacking

Please start your own topic in the appriopriate forum.

I would also suggest completing your timeline and profile information as your question is consulate specific.

:guides: Particularly the wiki for interview questions. Your answer is there. No one can tell you "how many". Every case is different.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My Thai wife going to have her us visa interview next month, could anybody tell me the number of questions that will be ask

Example Interview Questions

This process drived me mad but is coming to a end thank God. ???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.