JasonandJeizel

medical examination at St. Luke's

6 posts in this topic

Good day everyone :)

Today,we just sent our packets to nvc,and waiting for CC and interview schedule.

Just to prepare myself. Just want to know more information about the medical exam here in SLEC philippines.

As a woman,we have m0nthy period,and it kinda matters,.you cant take medical exam if having period at that time,?i just want to know m0re info so i know when to set app0intment.

Thank you guys

Good day everyone :)

Today,we just sent our packets to nvc,and waiting for CC and interview schedule.

Just to prepare myself. Just want to know more information about the medical exam here in SLEC philippines.

As a woman,we have m0nthy period,and it kinda matters,.you cant take medical exam if having period at that time,?i just want to know m0re info so i know when to set app0intment.

Thank you guys

SLEC is a first come, first serve basis; they do not do appointments. You can save time by registering online and printing out the form before going to the medical. It costs P11,300 for the medical and you must pay in cash on that day. It is preferred that you don't go during your menstruation because they claim they cannot do a proper/full exam if it is your time of the month.

Any information you need can be found here: http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml

You shouldn't go to your medical until you have an interview date. It is advised that you just go to your medical 5-7 days before your scheduled interview.

Edited by xmaricrisx

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

You can also go here for a walkthrough of what to expect on the day of your medical: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221658-st-lukes-medical-exam-walkthrough/page-1

USCIS Process:
Sent I-130 (via USPS): February 20, 2016
NOA1 hardcopy received: February 26, 2016
NOA2 approval text & email: May 6, 2016 (71 days from NOA1)
Petition sent to NVC text & email: May 11, 2016

NVC Process:
Case number and IIN Assigned: May 26, 2016
Choice of Agent (DS-261) completed: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee Invoiced: May 27, 2016
Pay AOS Fee: May 27, 2016
AOS Fee appeared as PAID: June 2, 2016
IV Fee Invoiced: June 3, 2016
Pay IV Fee: June 3, 2016
IV Fee appeared as PAID: June 6, 2016
IV application (DS-260) completed: June 7, 2016
Sent AOS & IV packets (via FedEx): June 8, 2016
Scan date: June 9, 2016
CC: July 14, 2016 (FINALLY saw 3rd N/A... 35 days after scan date)
Confirmation of CC email received: July 21, 2016
Interview date received over the phone: July 26, 2016

Interview Process:
Interview letter/P4 received via email: August 5, 2016
Medical Exam (@SLEC): August 3-4, 2016

Sputum samples given: August 15-17, 2016

Pulmo Consultation: August 18, 2016 (sputum smear is NEGATIVE!)

Results of sputum culture: October 12, 2016 (NEGATIVE!)

Completed: October 17, 2016
Interview date: October 24, 2016 (APPROVED! case status ISSUED the same day) :content:

Visa ready for pickup @MOA (via 2GO tracking): October 26, 2016

Visa in hand: October 27, 2016

Pay Greencard Fee: October 27, 2016

POE: November 6, 2016 (L)

SSN received (via USPS): November 14, 2016

10-year Greencard received (via USPS): December 17, 2016 (41 days after POE) :dance:

*~*~*moving from "CR-1 spouse visa process and procedures" to Philippines regional discussion as question is country-specific and not specific to visa type*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

***So today, July 11, I went to get my medical examination at St. Lukes in Bocobo St. in Manila since my US Embassy interview schedule in on July 20.

I inquired through their hotline (521-0020) and was told that they start handing out numbers by 4:30AM (which I think is way too early) and start letting people in by 6:00AM. But since I was told by a good friend that when she accompanied her cousin yhey went at around 3:00PM and finished it by 6:00PM (for Canada though).

I left my house by 8:00AM and got there around 10:30 - 11:00AM. There was no more line outside. The Security Guard then checked my requirements and asked me to go to the Reception at the ground floor. They checked my Passport, the Biographical Page of my Passport, 4 2X2 Visa Pictures (with name written at the back), the interview letter (3 copies) and the online registration for St. Lukes. The receptionist then gave ma checklist of the procedures that needs to be done.

After the biometrics / finger scan, they took digital photo of me (which appeared at eveey station I was asked to go to - including all my information), I was then asked to go to the 5th floor to pay for the medical fee (P11,300 for US - Adult).

After paying I was then asked to go to the 4th Floor to the Laboratory for blood collection, I waited for about 15 minutes for my name to be called after handing the checklist to the receptionist who was very accommodating.

I was then instructed to go to the 3rd floor for the Chest Xray. I waited about another 15 minutes for my name to be called after handing them the checklist.

After the Xray I was instructed to go to the 2nd floor for the Immunization Interview. After I handed the guy at desk, I was told to take my lunch and come back by 1:30PM that was about 12NN. So I went out and ate at Shakey's which was about a block away from SLEC. I got back by 1 and waited at the 2nd floor for my name to be called. After about 1 hour and 20 some minutes, I heard my name and proceeded to sit in line until it was my turn. After about 20-30 minutes I was led to the immunization interview. The lady doctor was pleasant but looked tired. I was then asked a series of questions about my health, lifestyle, the petition, previous operation, illnesses and all. Some of the questions would be recurring (like the 1st day of mg last mensturation, who is petitioning me, if I smoke or had sex within the last month and the likes). After that I was instructed to head to the 5th floor for Vital Signs and Eye Check, these 2 procedures took only about 5 minutes or less.

Then I was asked again to wait for my name to be called for Physical Examination. I waited for about an hour when my name was called and was asked to sit outside room 6 and waited some more. While waiting, the SG then called my name again and instructed me to go to the Pulmonary Area along with 5 other applicants. I became very anxious thinking that they might have found something in the Xray which was why I was being asked to go to the Pulmonary Area. ARGH!

My checklist was numbered 1 which means I will be the first to be checked b ly the doctor. Turns out, it was just the physical exam, they just had to asked us to go there because the doctors were no longer assisting anyone else.

When I got in, I was asked again the questions (ALL THROUGHOUT!). And then I was asked to take all my clothes off and wear a lab gown. While the doctor was doing the "physical" exam, she also asked questions about the body parts that she was touching. I was then asked to lie on the bed and you know what happened next.

After that, I was asked to proceed to the US Reception Area right outside. When I handed the checklist to the man at the desk, he asked me if I wanted to wait for the results and get my vaccinations, of course I said YES! He then added "para hindi na din kayo bumalik bukas"(so you won't have to return tomorrow), what a relief! Then I asked if everything is okay and he said "wala namang problema sa results" (there's nothing wrong with the results), and that me me very HAPPY.

He asked me to have dinner as it was already 6PM, I came back at around 6:30PM and waited for my name to be called after about an hour. They gave 3 shots for Flu, Measles and Anti-Tetanus. I sat down again and waited about 5 minutes for my name to be called at the releasing area at the ground floor. I then handed my passport and was asked to sit again. After 15 minutes, I was called again and was instructed on what to do and bring at the Interview at the US Embassy. I was then asked to sign some papers and the lady placed it all in an envelope which she sealed in front of me. She then handed me a CD and a list of the immunization that was given to me and said that I should neing it when I go to the US. By 8PM, I was done! ALL IN ONE DAY!!! Woohoo!!! ;)

TIPS:

- Do not be too early. You can be there by 10AM-12NN and yoj would still finish everything

- EAT before you go. They do not allow food inside. Bottled water is OK.

- Bring a jacket, some floors are really cold

- Go on a Tuesday or Thursday which the doctor said was not too busy

- Have all your requirement ready to avoid delays

DOCUMENT REQUIREMENT:

- Passport

- Biographic Page of the Passport (Photocopy)

- 4 2X2 Visa Pictures (1 is for SLEC; 3 is for USEM)

- Interview Letter from NVC (3 Copies)

- Online Registration from SLEC

I hope this could help?

GOD BLESS!☺️

***To GOD be the GLORY!!!☺️

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My previous reply was what happened during my medical exam last July 11, 2016.

I submitted everything to NVC by September last year and I got an email from them that they got eveything by February this year. They sent the interview schedule May 25, 2016 and my interview was last Wednesday, July 20.

It will take a lot patience but you'll get there. ☺️

God bless! ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.