10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

After the interview was finish the agents told was that we should wait for a letter.

All the time in the interview. She was saying that IF you are aprove you shoul do this and that... And she didn't question a lot or ask for different kinds of proof. I was the one that told If she want to see this or that, and I talk about pictures and she was already up. Looking that the interview was over and since I talk about picture she ask to see. We could not know or feel that we were aprove. But has been more than 3 week and nothing. No letter or no update. This could mean something. How long we should wait. What we should do.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

After the interview was finish the agents told was that we should wait for a letter.

All the time in the interview. She was saying that IF you are aprove you shoul do this and that... And she didn't question a lot or ask for different kinds of proof. I was the one that told If she want to see this or that, and I talk about pictures and she was already up. Looking that the interview was over and since I talk about picture she ask to see. We could not know or feel that we were aprove. But has been more than 3 week and nothing. No letter or no update. This could mean something. How long we should wait. What we should do.

Have you looked up the case status on the USCIS website?

Timeline

Have you looked up the case status on the USCIS website?

Yes after two weeks we are checking almost every business days after 5.

Did you got your approval at the same day of your interview ? Did they told to you after the interview or they update in the site at the same day?

Edited by Re&Ni

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes after two weeks we are checking almost every business days after 5.

Did you got your approval at the same day of your interview ? Did they told to you after the interview or they update in the site at the same day?

They didn't tell us we were approved at the interview. They only said they'd let us know of a decision within 2 weeks.

Later on that day, the IO actually called my mother to verify information my husband and I had given at the interview.

Then about 5 hours after our interview, the online status changed to "new card being produced".

Definitely keep checking online and the mailbox for the actual decision letter.

I wish I could give more advice but I'm not sure what would be the next step. 3 weeks is close to a month so hopefully you'll get some news soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Has been 6 weeks.

I call the uscis. And they told me the same thing that is on the web site that I'm may they schedule my interview for June 23.

And she ask my local office and date of receive that was December 18 2015. So she told that is on the processing time. Because they are on December 12.

So she told me to give a couple week.

But what I find funny that on processing time says that : as May 31 the processing time is December 12. If they don't update. I could be on the processing time for a while. Is that correct

HI Re&Ni! Did the IO gave you a piece of paper or something? Where is your interview?

During my interview, IO didn't asked my husband a question just me or even asked our joints documents or picture. I have to wait 120 days before making any inquiry.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

HI Re&Ni! Did the IO gave you a piece of paper or something? Where is your interview?

During my interview, IO didn't asked my husband a question just me or even asked our joints documents or picture. I have to wait 120 days before making any inquiry.

No Paper. the IO just send us out and told us to wait for a letter. I call a few times. Now we are out of the processing time. So they make a Inquiry, told me to wait that i should have any notice in a 15 to 30 days If the 30days pass and we didnt receive nothing i should call again. so pass 30 days i didnt receive nothing. i contact them. First they told me that was send a email. but i didnt receive. I thought that was something wrong. send just email. no letter or update in the website. I lost that call, and on my second call they told me that was nothing send to me, no email was send. that the case still pending, so i need to do a infopass. but they dont have date available

No Paper. the IO just send us out and told us to wait for a letter. I call a few times. Now we are out of the processing time. So they make a Inquiry, told me to wait that i should have any notice in a 15 to 30 days If the 30days pass and we didnt receive nothing i should call again. so pass 30 days i didnt receive nothing. i contact them. First they told me that was send a email. but i didnt receive. I thought that was something wrong. send just email. no letter or update in the website. I lost that call, and on my second call they told me that was nothing send to me, no email was send. that the case still pending, so i need to do a infopass. but they dont have date available

That's sounds unreasonable, sorry to hear that. Someone told me that USCIS prioritize those who applied for citizenship so that they can vote this election. I just hope we hear from them this October. Just call them again maybe first week of October until you get infopass available date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.