duckhunter1

Pre-Departure Seminar (CFO) WARNING

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

There are 25 countries in which Pinoys can travel. Are you saying that the K Visa in her passport restricts her to travel only to the U.S. and all 'free visa' countries for Pinoys are then prohibited?

Nope not saying that at all. I am saying just want I stated in my previous post. Once she has the visa in her passport, WITHOUT the CFO sticker she isn't leaving the airport, except through the door she walked in. She will not be allowed to board any airplane leaving the Philippines... ANY.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I don't understand how she experienced problems at the DFA or the medical. Did she forget to bring some required documents?

And yes, the immigrant visa and the CFO sticker and certificate go hand-in-hand. I hated CFO too but I kinda understood its purpose. They tried to give me ####### about not having my ROM but I shut that down. If you're timid in the Philippines you get stomped on.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

duckhunter1, on 13 Jul 2016 - 4:29 PM, said:duckhunter1, on 13 Jul 2016 - 4:29 PM, said:

This is definitely troublesome information. My fiancé is all of the above that's why she's had so much trouble with DFA, medical, etc. How can these people deny a Pinay citizen the right to use a legitimately acquired Visa? It sounds more like Cuba, Iran, or North Korea to me. it's not the actions of a true free society. If she's denied why couldn't she get a round trip ticket to Singapore or somewhere and depart from there to the U.S.?

The stipulation of receiving a visa in the Philippines from the US Embassy is propagated on the fact that she has to meet all requirements both US and Philippines. Hence, as a Philippine's requirement, and as a departing fiancé she must attend the CFO seminar. PERIOD

Your not going to get around this.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Timeline

This CFO is an interesting organization. As an engineer I tend to analyze everything. The original purpose of the CFO, in my developed opinion, is to keep track of who's leaving, where they're going and the name and location of who they're going to be with. When a government agency like this if formed they start with their original purpose and then gradually shift into power hunger. Now it seems from what I'm hearing that the CFO picks and chooses who can leave the country and who can't. This is not typical of a free society, in fact, it's down right tyranny if you asked me. The only requirement to leave the Philippines should be a valid passport and a Visa if required to enter the next country of destination. What right do these people have to make decisions like this? You know, if this becomes a problem I'm going to contact the attorney in Philippines who I've made friends with. He helped me with something a while back and we seem to click pretty good.

If you look at history, the 1770s, one can easily see the correlation between the CFO office and the Revolutionary War. Our founding fathers experienced tyranny too from Great Britain. Not exactly the same, and on a much smaller scale, but similar in that they sought power and control. Personally, I think our current national leadership would approve of the CFO office in Philippines and would advocate for the same here. Why not? It's more Government control right? The CFO office fits well in Saul Alinsky's book, 'Rules for Radicals'.

Time will tell. New CFO appointment next week.

Actually, CFO was created to address the problems of human trafficking which is very common in the Philippines and Southeast Asia in general. I attended the seminar and found the seminar interesting and informative. The power tripping staff sucks, seriously. But you have those types of people in almost every government agency in the country. I'm hopeful that that thug of a president can make changes on how these agencies are run.

Married in Texas Sept. 16, 2013

Sent I-130 Nov. 3, 2013

Received NOA1 (email) Dec. 19, 2013

Requested Expedite Jan. 2, 2014

Approved Expedite Jan. 4, 2014

Case sent to NVC Jan. 15, 2014

Received NOA1 (mail) Jan. 22, 2014

NVC Received Case Jan. 27, 2014

Received NOA2 (mail) Feb. 25, 2014

NVC Assigned Case Number Mar. 11, 2014

Paid AOS Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Paid IV Fee Mar. 29, 2014

Submitted DS-260 Apr. 4, 2014

Mailed in IV packet Apr. 8, 2014

Submitted AOS packet Forgot the date

Case complete May 31, 2014

Medical Jun. 26, 2014

Interview Jul. 8, 2014

POE (LAX) Sept. 16, 2014

Paid ELIS May 16, 2015

Received GC May 23, 2015

I-751 Receipt Date July 5, 2016

ROC NOA July 15, 2016

I-751 Biometrics Aug. 5, 2016

ROC Approved Sept. 18, 2017
Received GC Sept. 25, 2017

CR1 Spousal Visa Guide

TBErp8.png

YEP0m5.png

This CFO is an interesting organization. As an engineer I tend to analyze everything. The original purpose of the CFO, in my developed opinion, is to keep track of who's leaving, where they're going and the name and location of who they're going to be with. When a government agency like this if formed they start with their original purpose and then gradually shift into power hunger. Now it seems from what I'm hearing that the CFO picks and chooses who can leave the country and who can't. This is not typical of a free society, in fact, it's down right tyranny if you asked me. The only requirement to leave the Philippines should be a valid passport and a Visa if required to enter the next country of destination. What right do these people have to make decisions like this? You know, if this becomes a problem I'm going to contact the attorney in Philippines who I've made friends with. He helped me with something a while back and we seem to click pretty good.

If you look at history, the 1770s, one can easily see the correlation between the CFO office and the Revolutionary War. Our founding fathers experienced tyranny too from Great Britain. Not exactly the same, and on a much smaller scale, but similar in that they sought power and control. Personally, I think our current national leadership would approve of the CFO office in Philippines and would advocate for the same here. Why not? It's more Government control right? The CFO office fits well in Saul Alinsky's book, 'Rules for Radicals'.

Time will tell. New CFO appointment next week.

It was mainly started to help Filipinos that are going abroad to marry someone, and give them the resources they need if there is ever an issue. The Philippines if you don't already know is a hub for people to prey on poor innocent families with thoughts of making it rich if they just to so and so place or marry so and so. So that is why this was started, quite frankly I feel now it is more than what it should be and the people there love to haggle you over nothing.

I don't understand how she experienced problems at the DFA or the medical. Did she forget to bring some required documents?

And yes, the immigrant visa and the CFO sticker and certificate go hand-in-hand. I hated CFO too but I kinda understood its purpose. They tried to give me ####### about not having my ROM but I shut that down. If you're timid in the Philippines you get stomped on.

This has been an issue with him and his fiance for awhile now. We have been trying to help him along for months now, and he has tried too. But his fiance is one of the people that believe almost anything their friend/family say and not believe what he says even if there is proof. So he has been having a time with that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my fiancee do the CFO before she even had the visa in her hand. They gave her a certificate which she will have to turn in to get the sticker once she has her visa in hand. I figured that if there was an issue related to the stupid CFO we would have more time to resolve it before having to worry about her flight out.

02-24-16 Petition Sent

02-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

03-03-16 NOA1

05-26-16 NOA2

06-20-16 NVC Receive Case

06-20-16 NVC Case Number Assigned

06-23-16 Case Ready at Embassy

07-04-16 Medical Completed

07-06-16 CFO Completed (Certificate in hand)

07-11-16 Interview Scheduled (APPROVED!)

07-20-16 Visa ready to pick up at 2go outlet

event.png

She had her CFO seminar today. 7/18/2016

The CFO officer said all documents were in order but he had questions regarding my divorce in 2014. The CFO officer actively engaged in trying to talk my fiancé into not coming here. The certificate was not given to her. I'm not certain what's next. This is unfair.

She had her CFO seminar today. 7/18/2016

The CFO officer said all documents were in order but he had questions regarding my divorce in 2014. The CFO officer actively engaged in trying to talk my fiancé into not coming here. The certificate was not given to her. I'm not certain what's next. This is unfair.

What's Next IS To Try Again. Make sure she understands everything about your divorce. Find out what was said during the interview and address any issues before she goes back. Also Cebu office is a lot easier.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was also divorced and when my fiancee did the seminar she did not have a copy of my divorce decree with her that I sent when I sent a copy of the K1 package. They gave her a slip of paper saying they needed that. She went back to the hotel and got a copy and returned and they gave her a certificate. I also thought the CFO thing was just another way to make a few Pesos off the people leaving the country but she seemed to think it was interesting so that is fine and I stopped worrying about it.

02-24-16 Petition Sent

02-29-16 Petition Received, Lewisville, TX

03-03-16 NOA1

05-26-16 NOA2

06-20-16 NVC Receive Case

06-20-16 NVC Case Number Assigned

06-23-16 Case Ready at Embassy

07-04-16 Medical Completed

07-06-16 CFO Completed (Certificate in hand)

07-11-16 Interview Scheduled (APPROVED!)

07-20-16 Visa ready to pick up at 2go outlet

event.png

As an outsider it sometimes is hard to understand why CFO exist but because of human trafficking that takes place this is the result the requirement to attend. I for one am glad that this was in place as most Filipinas have no idea what they can expect. Their are those out their that will use a filipina for ill gotten gains. It's a sick world we live in. The ones who complain the most I worry about the most. It can be a red flag for me.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

My fiancé was exhausted yesterday and fell asleep early before she finished telling me all that happened to her in her departure seminar at the CFO in Manila.

Here's what they said in addition to questioning my divorce, etc.

1. They looked up my address on the internet and made the statement to my fiancé, 'He doesn't have that many neighbors'. This may be a problem for you. ( I live in the middle of the city with lots of trees in my yard. You can't see my neighbors homes on the google search ! )

2. We need to speak with his Filipina neighbors to verify him.

3. You don't have a driving license and you've never been trained to drive. We can't issue until you have drivers training.

4. The U.S. is a very dangerous place. Why do you want to go there? Are you sure you don't want to change your mind?

Whatever! This is a propaganda power hungry group trying to keep Filipinas in Philippines. Period!

If indeed this the questioning she endured you have a right, in my opinion to complain. Talk about these issues with her a ND send her back. She has to be strong or they will eat her up which is what they did. She has to take the attitude that she has no concerns about going to the USA. NONE!!

If it fails again send her to Cebu. They are easier on the girls that interview with them.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.