dmh59

NOIR RFE Review Timeframe

259 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Im for anything that will help. And officer from my local office called me back said from now on contact ombudsman for case details, ombudsman had already sent me an email releasing us cuz thier job was done! I told the e officer this and she was surprised, said ok, thats it lol, Its not right they keep telling us lies, ' wait 180 days for review' its one year! Tell us the truth why keep us hanging, how long does it take to look at our papers, im sick of the way we are treated. 3 months i was told we reaffirmed over and over only to be told sorry our mistake.. I dont think sorry is enough, ok had my rant lol good luck!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I agree I'm for anything that will help. I too am less than pleased with the way we are treated by USCIS and NVC. They are cold and uncaring on the phone and not helpful. This is our lives that they are dealing with and they don't realize how it affects us.

Timeline

Hi everyone thanks for the information my wife just had her visa denied June 23rd 2016 is it too early for me to contact tha ombudsman. Or do I have to wait 30 or 60 day.

Timeline

Hi everyone thanks for the information my wife just had her visa denied June 23rd 2016 is it too early for me to contact tha ombudsman. Or do I have to wait 30 or 60 day.

This is great information about the ombudsman, thank you so much for posting it. I would like to add though, to the comment above, You may have to wait much longer than 60 days if your wife's visa was just denied.

When it is denied, the embassy sends it back to USCIS, which takes 6 monhts (and it took exactly 6 months for us, for my husband's file to reach the USCIS). Then, once at USCIS, it takes another 6 months for them to review it before they will issue the NOIR or NOID.

I believe the OP was asking about how long it would take AFTER the NOIR / NOID was responded to by the petitioner. There the OP was told no time frame, but the other poster, who got the ombudsman involved, was told 30 - 60 days. That's how I understood it.

But waiting between the denial at the embassy and the file's return to the USCIS will take at least 6 months. I don't think there's any way to speed that up, unfortunately.

Timeline

This is great information about the ombudsman, thank you so much for posting it. I would like to add though, to the comment above, You may have to wait much longer than 60 days if your wife's visa was just denied.

When it is denied, the embassy sends it back to USCIS, which takes 6 monhts (and it took exactly 6 months for us, for my husband's file to reach the USCIS). Then, once at USCIS, it takes another 6 months for them to review it before they will issue the NOIR or NOID.

I believe the OP was asking about how long it would take AFTER the NOIR / NOID was responded to by the petitioner. There the OP was told no time frame, but the other poster, who got the ombudsman involved, was told 30 - 60 days. That's how I understood it.

But waiting between the denial at the embassy and the file's return to the USCIS will take at least 6 months. I don't think there's any way to speed that up, unfortunately.

Timeline

Really unfortunately its a yr wait for revirw, ours 60 days wait is for uscis to respond to our noir rebuttle, we waited two weeks shy of a yr for review of returned i130, after being tild multiple times we werr reaffirmed in jan then told im sorry our mistake in march. I then contacted ombudsman, within 3 weeks it was over, now waiting for thier hopefully reaffirmed letter, sooo stressed

Timeline

Timeline

Lutz you are correct in your understanding.

To the person who wants to contact ombudsman. It is way too early. When my spouse's case was sent back, the consulate officer told him I would have a year to collect proof of our marriage - it was 18 months and I believe it would have been longer had I not wrote the president. In doing so, a member of USCIS called me and that's what got our case moving. It took 3 months for Ghana to send our case back and USCIS held it for 15 months. Returned cases are not a priority for them unfortunately. I truly believe they do this on purpose and it's a money maker for them as once u r reaffirmed, you have to pay additional fees for the medical (again), etc. On day 31, I will be calling USCIS and my senator for an update to our rebuttal. If no response, I will wait till day 61 then again call USCIS, my senator and the ombudsman and if I have to write the president again I will.

I appreciate all the feedback and info here. Please continue to update ur case here so we all know how it goes. Thanx

Timeline

Dmh, i too emailed the president 3 times with replies how they are goinh to reform immigration, the fourth email i told them please dont tell how your going to reform tell me what you can do for me as an american citizen i got a response from uscis within a short time acknowledging my letter, that's when i was told it was reaffirmed and it never was lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.