Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Well I spoke to a lawyer. It's looking like my best option is to get married, withdraw the I-129 and reapply with an I-130. And yes I would still have to file the waiver anyway, but getting the waiver approved is apparently unlikely if we're unmarried as I now have to prove hardship for myself and our daughter without him here. So I'll be starting the process again from zero :( this is so defeating. We've already waited so long. 

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Arih3 said:

Well I spoke to a lawyer. It's looking like my best option is to get married, withdraw the I-129 and reapply with an I-130. And yes I would still have to file the waiver anyway, but getting the waiver approved is apparently unlikely if we're unmarried as I now have to prove hardship for myself and our daughter without him here. So I'll be starting the process again from zero :( this is so defeating. We've already waited so long. 

That's really hard to deal with. So, I guess you have to decide on the best course of action. The one that will likely yield a better outcome. Filing a waiver and proving hardship while reapplying an I-129F versus getting married and applying for a waiver alongside the I-130. Only you and your fiancé can decide on the best approach. I do suspect like I said in an earlier quote that the line for a visa interview in Australia after the I-130 approval may not be as long as other countries in Africa and the middle east. That's just something to consider especially if you feel the I-130 will likely have a better outcome. So you will hopefully not have to wait as long as the average wait time. Also, consular officers can cast doubt about a bona fide relationship between finance and fiancée but they can't stop you from getting married and can't say your marriage is fake especially having already been through the I-129 process and having had a child with your fiance. So you will have enough evidence to show proof your relationship. Just have to pray and hope the waiver gets approved as you proof hardship. Raising a kid without the father is already hard and they should know that. I wish you the best in whatever choice you take. I would try to get started ASAP.  God bless your effort. 

7 hours ago, Habesha Love said:

That's really hard to deal with. So, I guess you have to decide on the best course of action. The one that will likely yield a better outcome. Filing a waiver and proving hardship while reapplying an I-129F versus getting married and applying for a waiver alongside the I-130. Only you and your fiancé can decide on the best approach. I do suspect like I said in an earlier quote that the line for a visa interview in Australia after the I-130 approval may not be as long as other countries in Africa and the middle east. That's just something to consider especially if you feel the I-130 will likely have a better outcome. So you will hopefully not have to wait as long as the average wait time. Also, consular officers can cast doubt about a bona fide relationship between finance and fiancée but they can't stop you from getting married and can't say your marriage is fake especially having already been through the I-129 process and having had a child with your fiance. So you will have enough evidence to show proof your relationship. Just have to pray and hope the waiver gets approved as you proof hardship. Raising a kid without the father is already hard and they should know that. I wish you the best in whatever choice you take. I would try to get started ASAP.  God bless your effort. 

yes thank you for all the support. We've decided to get married in Australia while I'm visiting and file an I130 along with the waiver. We're going to go ahead and do it with a lawyer this time just to make sure we do everything we possibly can. I really hope you are right about the wait time but I guess we are just going to have to be prepared for the long wait.

• I-129F mailed : 07/23/2016

NOA1: 07/29/2016

Hardcopy of NOA1: 08/08/2016

RFE: 09/16/2016

RFE reply received: 10/03/2016

NOA2: 10/12/2016

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
On 2/1/2017 at 6:27 PM, Arih3 said:

yes thank you for all the support. We've decided to get married in Australia while I'm visiting and file an I130 along with the waiver. We're going to go ahead and do it with a lawyer this time just to make sure we do everything we possibly can. I really hope you are right about the wait time but I guess we are just going to have to be prepared for the long wait.

So sorry to hear that it's more waiting!  Hoping you have a great lawyer who will guide you expertly through the process.

27-Jul-2016 NOA1 (California Service Center)

19-Oct-2016 RFE - Received RFE letter: abstract birth certificate not sufficient (US citizen)

10-Nov-2016 NOA2 Received letter

29-Nov-2016 NVC - Assigned Case Number and Invoice ID

30-Nov-2016 NVC - Left

07-Dec-2016 Sydney Consulate Received

07-Dec-2016 Received Package 3

08-Dec-2016 Sent Packet 3

08-Dec-2016 Completed medical with Dr. Sinclair in Perth

11-Dec-2016 Received Package 4

17-Dec-2016 Opened envelope received in Oct. from AFP to discover the copies of the identification were missing

17-Dec-2016 Contacted AFP, provided copies of identification and requested a quick turnaround

20-Dec-2016 Interview - Administrative Processing awaiting AFP Check

21-Dec-2016 AFP mailed Certification via Aussie Post

28-Dec-2016 Received AFP Certificate and mailed to Sydney Consulate DHL Priority

11-Jan-2017 Status Date with Status of Issued

11-Jan-2017 Received email from Sydney Consulate - medical was incorrectly in paperwork returned to me

11-Jan-2017 Sent medical overnight to Sydney Consulate

12-Jan-2017 Sydney Consulate received medical

18-Jan-2017 Sydney Consulate sent visa package and passport via Toll Priority

20-Jan-2017 US Entry through Los Angeles, CA

10-Feb-2017 Married!

14-Feb-2017 Sent I-485 and I-765

22-Feb-2017 NOA1 for both

27-Mar-2017 Biometrics

25-Apr-2017 EAD Expedite Request Approved

05-May-2017 EAD Card Received

01-Jun-2017 AOS Approved

01-Mar-2019 Sent I-751

13-Mar-2019 Received text with receipt number LIN

13-Sep-2019 Received snail mail I-797C with biometrics appt. for 26-Sep-2019

17-Jan-2020 Notification that card is being produced.  (No interview.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

WOW!!

It is really sad to see that a crime so long ago still affects your life :(. I'm sorry for you guys. I think we all know what it is about to be apart invest so much money and time into paperwork and at the end you have to start from scratch. I hope you can work it out with the I-130! Good luck!

For ourselves we just had our courtwedding this weekend and our actual party will be in september with all the friends and family. We also sent the AOS in right after. We filled out the blank wedding paper wich was signed by the judge. Will that be an issue or should we have let it notarized? 

The AOS is tough too. The guides here on VJ (idk if I just didn't see it anywhere) is a bit confusing. If you guys are filing for the AOS read the VJ instructions and also the ones of the forms. I just randomly noticed to put in proof for the sponsors citizenship for the afffidavit of support.

I hope you all have a great lovely valentine's day!

K1 VISA

07/14/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

07/21/16....Delivered to Lewisville, TX

07/22/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

07/28/16....NOA1 hard copy

09/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

09/06/16....NOA2 hard copy

11/15/16....Medical in Munich

11/21/16....Interview in Frankfurt

12/06/16....Visa in hand

01/04/17....Arriving in Chicago

02/10/17....Wedding

AOS

02/11/17....I-485 -EAD and AP sent

02/13/17....Check cashed

02/13/17....NOA1 E-Notification

02/19/17....NOA1 Hard copy

03/06/17....RFIE

03/10/17....RFIE sent back

03/10/17....Biometrics letter

03/20/17....Biometrics appointment

04/28/17....EAD New Card Ordered

05/02/17....EAD Mailed

05/03/17....AP NOA Mail recieved

05/05/17....EAD AP Combo Card in Mail

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview Sheduled

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone, I hope you are all still following this board!! We were married this past weekend and now onto AOS!!! I printed out all the forms (phew) and I am just wondering how much "proof of marriage/relationship" evidence you all sent in with the application? Or will that wait for the greed card interview?

Thanks!!

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Chris/Uni said:

Hi everyone, I hope you are all still following this board!! We were married this past weekend and now onto AOS!!! I printed out all the forms (phew) and I am just wondering how much "proof of marriage/relationship" evidence you all sent in with the application? Or will that wait for the greed card interview?

Thanks!!

hiya! Congratulations!! To file the AoS all I submitted was the marriage certificate. I believe all the "proof" comes in later during the removal of conditions.

Timeline
Just now, ceisenbruch said:

hiya! Congratulations!! To file the AoS all I submitted was the marriage certificate. I believe all the "proof" comes in later during the removal of conditions.

thank you!!

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Timeline
Just now, bostonBruce said:

congrats on your Marriage SO happy for u

Thanks!!! :)

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/19 - NOA 2

1/26 POE Seattle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi.

im in the process of arranging my interview at the embassy. I'm hoping to get an appointment in April. 

Does anyone one know whether my fiancée needs to send me her tax return for 2015 or 2016?

thank you in advance 

Taj 

• 4 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys! Im arranging my application for K1 and  want to send it this weekend. Can anyone let me know what forms you guys included in your application? Thanks all 

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good Sunday morning to all. 

Can't wait for Monday LOL - CSC activity soon.

Anyways I was refreshing IGOR's list which I do several times a day and sure enough ONE more approval for 9/22 (Friday) popped up bringing us to the total of 2 for that day far short of the 5 average.

Well the case was not at all what it first seemed.

It say NOA 1 was July 7th and approved just over 2 months later on 9/22

WOW must have been a military expedite I thought.

I went to their homepage and saw Nigeria

Then I saw they were posting way back in 2016.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=168288

Yeah this was not a 2 month expedite it was a 1 year and 2 month journey from hell.

Congrats to @K1fun (your user name is ironic)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.