Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Timeline
10 hours ago, Valabum said:

Thanks everyone! 

Its been such a long, long wait - since the first time I ever laid eyes on him in a photograph 24 years ago and thought "I'd like to get to know that guy better!" - To meeting him in person 13 years later and striking up a conversation because I still wanted to get to know him! From developing a crush but being too shy and waiting 10 years to do anything about it - from finally putting on my "big girl panties" and telling him I've fancied him since I was a kid - from being in a nearly skype-only relationship for two years - now he's finally coming home to be with me!

It feels so bizarre! When I was a kid, his sister sent me a photograph of herself and him sitting together at the kitchen table, and I used to stare at it and think "oooh he's so cute! Hee hee! If we ever married she would be my sister!" I can't believe it's actually, actually, actually happening! Somebody pinch me!

Such a great story! You deserve all happiness in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here, married from yesterday but nothing about being happy

Tasha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Gabon
Timeline
7 hours ago, EricTasha said:

Such a great story! You deserve all happiness in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here, married from yesterday but nothing about being happy

Tasha

Hey hey everyone... it's such a good thing everyone is making it now. I wish all of u and me haha...all the happiness of the world. Be blessed 

I-129F and Adjustment of Status.docK1 Visa Journey (see attachment)

Adjustment Of Status Journey(see attachment)

ROC Journey

08/27/19 : Windows opens.

I-129F and Adjustment of statusI

Timeline
On 1/14/2017 at 10:53 PM, Nin&Way said:

Hey hey everyone... it's such a good thing everyone is making it now. I wish all of u and me haha...all the happiness of the world. Be blessed 

Yes, happiness to everyone, we all make a long way. My wedding day it was wonderful, the best day in my life! 

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

How many people have started their AoS?  

We're working on it now and hope to have it sent off by the end of this month. The guide from JV doesn't say to include proof of your relationship for this part.  Do we only need it for the interview? I'd love to front load this position like we did for the K-1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
50 minutes ago, CassandraSerenity said:

We're working on it now and hope to have it sent off by the end of this month. The guide from JV doesn't say to include proof of your relationship for this part.  Do we only need it for the interview? I'd love to front load this position like we did for the K-1.

We just included a certified copy of the marriage certificate, that's all they need. You might be thinking of "removal of conditions" which is in 2 years! AoS is just to get the 2-year conditional green card and Employment Authorization.

Timeline
8 hours ago, CassandraSerenity said:

I am sending it to the end of the month too. Sometimes K1 visa don't have the interview for AOS, specially if they had already an extensive interview in a difficult country, but the interview it's OK too. I will add a joint account and maybe some bill, pictures together, anything I can joint. The most important is the Affidavit I guess. Also don't forget to add the Employment Authorization and Advance Parole applications, if they go with AOS, no additional pay

Tasha

Timeline
7 hours ago, ceisenbruch said:

We just included a certified copy of the marriage certificate, that's all they need. You might be thinking of "removal of conditions" which is in 2 years! AoS is just to get the 2-year conditional green card and Employment Authorization.

How is it the certified copy of marriage certificate, please? where do we get it? The judge told us he will mail to us the original

Tasha

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Tasha,

After we got married, I took my copy to the office downtown. They gave us the certified copy right then. It took maybe 15 minutes and cost $10 per certified copy. If you have already given the original copy to someone, then you will just have to wait. Usually, they finish the processing within 10 days. You can then go to the marriage license office and ask for a certified copy. Sometimes, you can even do it online.

We got married on January 8th. I can't believe we've been married for a week already! I will be taking our AOS packet to the mail today (his status expires January 25th), and I feel so relieved to have put together yet another packet of information for the government.

adorbs.jpg

adorbs2.jpg

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 hours ago, EricTasha said:

How is it the certified copy of marriage certificate, please? where do we get it? The judge told us he will mail to us the original

Tasha

Depends on your state i guess, our judge said that too, but the county clerk said he was wrong. CA can only get certified copies of our certificate from the county clerk directly in the office, and only in the county where the cert was issued. The original is sent to Sacramento and we never see it.  Luckily we didn't have to wait for them to process anything, we just went in and they gave them to us in like 10 mins

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Anyone have to go through extra security checks and get their approval yet?   We were just informed that we have a processing hold due to waiting on security checks to return.  I have no idea when they  started the check, and they have no idea when they will get it back... I've heard they can drag on for quite some time... So, yeah, I'm hoping someone has gone through this and recently gotten word. Thanks. 

"Life is short. Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly and never regret anything that made you smile."

Our Story:

Tiger (Egypt) & Gaharia (USA)

10/15/2013--------Met through Mutual Friend

10/16/2013--------Engaged

11/26/2013--------My first flight/Trip to Egypt

11/28/2013--------Met in person for the first time

09/29/2014--------I return to USA :cry:

03/06/2015--------Second trip to Egypt

06/30/2016--------Mail 1-129F

07/08/2016--------NOA1 Received :dancing:

09/27/2016--------Transferred to VSC

11/08/2016--------4 months and nothing yet... So frustrated! :ranting:

11/09/2016--------Wedding date postponed :crying:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Gaharia, Oh my goodness. I'm sorry you have to wait indefinitely.. i know how upsetting that can be!!!!!! I hope they get it quickly. If you search the VJ boards you might find more info, but also sometimes it can make you worry for no reason. I hope you get more info quickly!! If it helps, we were told our "administrative processing" could take months.. but it was much shorter.. so I hope yours is same.

7/1 - mailed I-129

7/7 - NOA 1

8/29 - RFE

9/13 - Notice received RFE reply

9/19 - NOA 2

10/12 - Called NVC & Received Case Number, Case Ready at Embassy

10/17 - Received NVC Case Number Letter in mail

12/2 - Interview (Denial, 221g issued asking more relationship proof)

12/8 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/9 - 221g issued again asking for more relationship proof (same items they asked for previously)

12/16 - passport returned to fiance in mail with 2nd 221g letter

12/23 - Additional Proof Submitted

12/27, 12/28, 12/29 Date updated on case

1/5 Passport Status changed to "passport being processed for delivery" CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/9 Passport delivered to hometown with VISA ISSUED!! CEAC status still says "administrative processing"

1/26 POE Seattle

2/25 Married (CEAC status still says visa is in "administrative processing" - haha)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Gaharia,

I wouldn't worry about it. They have to do security checks on everyone who comes in. Most of us probably just don't know about it They don't want to give you a guaranteed time, say in two weeks, when they will have their results, because they know then that you will begin contacting them again :) We are a persistent group. So just hang in there and wait it out.

Met: 09/14/2013

Started Dating: 02/09/2014

Began Long Distance Relationship: 02/13/2014

I moved to Costa Rica: 01/15/2015

My parents visited and he proposed: 06/29/2016

Packet Sent: 07/01/2016

NOA1: 07/05/2016

NOA2: 08/25/2016

NVC Tracking number: 09/12/2016

Medical: 09/28/2016

Interview: 10/11/2016

POE: 10/28/2016

Wedding: 1/6/17 !!!!!

AOS and EAD Packet Sent: 1/18/17

NOA1: 1/23/17

Bio Appointment: 2/27/17

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I see many/most people in this thread have had a fortunate outcome with their visa process.

I filed in July, but rescheduled my interview and it is coming up soon. My fiance and I have everything ready to go pretty much and almost all of the I-134 filled out. However, I was confused about one part. I had posted my own thread and one person responded and tried to help but didn't seem entirely sure themselves as they said the form they used in the past was different than the most up to date one. So, I thought I'd come here to see if anyone can assist.

On page 4 of the 1-134, for question 26, it says: "I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons. (If none, write "None" in the space for name below.) "

Did you guys put in the information for your foreign national fiance? Or is this asking if you've ever submitted a petition for anyone other than the current foreign national you're petitioning? My fiance (the USC) has never petitioned anyone prior to me. So, I was a bit confused if she puts me information in there or not.

Thanks for any help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Stagnant Sloth said:

Hi everyone,

I see many/most people in this thread have had a fortunate outcome with their visa process.

I filed in July, but rescheduled my interview and it is coming up soon. My fiance and I have everything ready to go pretty much and almost all of the I-134 filled out. However, I was confused about one part. I had posted my own thread and one person responded and tried to help but didn't seem entirely sure themselves as they said the form they used in the past was different than the most up to date one. So, I thought I'd come here to see if anyone can assist.

On page 4 of the 1-134, for question 26, it says: "I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of the following persons. (If none, write "None" in the space for name below.) "

Did you guys put in the information for your foreign national fiance? Or is this asking if you've ever submitted a petition for anyone other than the current foreign national you're petitioning? My fiance (the USC) has never petitioned anyone prior to me. So, I was a bit confused if she puts me information in there or not.

Thanks for any help!

Hey Stagnant Sloth, 

I wish you the best going forward. I put my fiancée's name on this line. I think there was even another line asking if I had filed an affidavit of support for anyone and I had to put my brother's friend's name who had asked me to sponsor him while in the USA as he tried to adjust his status to that of a permanent resident. So yes, even though your fiancé has never submitted a petition for anyone, she is submitting one for you. So she should go ahead and put your name there. It will ask for the relationship with the person and, of course, she will write fiancé. Not sure about others, but I did put my fiancée' name on that line. I know they don't look at these forms sometimes and I even read in another forum (where there were lots of philipinpos) that they didn't even ask for the form from people coming from the Philippines. Another affidavit of support (I-864) will be filed here when you finally apply to adjust status in the USA anyways. So I guess they are treating the I-134 as irrelevant even though it's a must have at the embassy interview. Once again, good luck. 

We are married as of January 17th!

We hand delivered our marriage certificate to the court house the next day (rather than having the officiant mail it in)

That way were able to get the copies immediately!

We are almost ready to file for AOS

So happy that we've all made it this far!

July 13th 2016 -Sent I-129F                                  Nov 07th 2016 -Applied for SSN
July 20th 2016 -NOA 1                                           Nov 12th 2016 -Received SSN in Mail
Sep 02nd 2016 -NOA 2                                          Jan 17th 2017 -Wedding
Sep 14th 2016 -Arrived at NVC                              Jan 23rd 2017 -Sent I-485, I-765, I-131
Sep 19th 2016 -Departed from NVC                      Jan 27th 2017 -NOA 1
Sep 21st 2016 -Arrived at Embassy                       Feb 24th 2017 -Biomentrics Appointment
Sep 23rd 2016 -Case Status: Ready                       April 27th 2017 -EAD/AP Approved!
Sep 29th 2016 -Medical                                         May 3rd 2017 -EAD/AP Combo Card In Hand

Oct 14th 2016 -Interview: Approved!                    Dec 6th 2017 -AOS Approved!

Oct 17th 2016 -Case Status: AP                            Dec 13th 2017 -Greencard In Hand

Oct 20th 2016 -Case Status: Issued

Oct 25th 2016 -Visa In Hand

Oct 30th 2016 -POE O'hare Airport

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.