Cali_D

I-129F July 2016 Filers

2,011 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

No one started this topic for July, so I thought I would.

Today I mailed my I-129F packet for the K-1 Visa. It's a Sunday and tomorrow is the 4th of July holiday, so my packet wont get to Texas (I mailed it to Lewiston) until Thursday.

I'm so nervous!

I sent about 40 pictures, I visited my Russian Fiancée 3 times (each trip was 2 weeks) and have another trip booked and paid for in 3 weeks. I feel like I have submitted tons of evidence. I have pictures of the ring I gave her. I even printed 300 pages of our chat history from my messenger application! I know, not necessary, but I don't want to take any chances. I had my papers professionally sleeved so they can be removed but yet still stay nicely in my binder. And finally I sent the papers 2 day Fedex with a guaranteed 10:30am delivery.

I spared no expense in the process, yet I still am so nervous! If you don't dot one "i' or cross once "T", it seem like you will fail.

OK rant over. Wish us luck.

I mailed July 5 as well. This will be a long, excruciating wait - because it already has been!

Background - When I was very young (US), I was thumbing through some kids' magazine and saw an advertisement for pen pals abroad. That sounded cool - so I requested one from England.

4500 miles away a little English girl was doing the same! We were paired together somehow (this was before the Internet, and we'd only filled out a questionnaire of interests).

We've kept it up for nearly 25 years now, though it's been much easier and quicker since the Internet has come along!

Over the years she would mail me pictures of herself, her friends, and her family. My adolescent self always thought her older brother was really cute - so cute I'd hang his picture with the others on my cork board as if I knew him personally. I called her once on her birthday in 1993, and he answered the phone.....swoon!!!! I think all I managed at the time was "Ummm...tee hee!" I was only 13.

Fast forward to 2005, this girl and I had corresponded so long that we arranged a visit. I would fly to her, and I'd stay with her to save hotel costs! I was now 25 years old. On the last day of my trip, we stayed with THAT brother because I had to be up at 5 am the next morning and he lived much nearer to the airport than she did.

Somehow, I was downstairs alone watching television before bed when he came into the room. He apologized for disturbing me (HA!) but instead, I asked him to sit with me and chat.

We ended up staying up all night together chatting. He was SO much like me in every single way. He was so easy to talk to. He was just....far more thrilling than I dreamed he'd be and this was the guy I'd secretly kept photos of for over a decade!

Unfortunately at the time I assumed he wouldn't "like me back" so I never pushed the issue. I flew home, added him as a friend on Facebook, and went on with my life.

Ten more years passed with he and I only exchanging random Facebook "likes" and comments. Over Christmas 2014, I could no longer stand it and I HAD to know if I possibly had a chance with him. I started private messaging him and wouldn't let up! I ended every message with a question to ensure he'd have a reason to reply. By mid-January we'd gotten to know each other better than before and it WAS better than before! We're basically twins, with the odd random difference in opinions and tastes here and there.

Finally I pulled up my bootstraps and told him I liked him. Turns out, he too felt we had a moment 10 years ago (now 11). We've been a couple ever since.

I visited him again last December, where he proposed. Since then we've been readying ourselves for the process, and I've been sprucing up my place (he's moving here).

So I mailed the I-129F packet yesterday. It was so bizarre to see all of those forms and letters with his name beside mine. Bizarre, but totally exciting!

We know we have a several month long wait ahead of us, which is just a drop in the bucket to 25 years of knowing each other existed and doing nothing about it until the past 1.5 years. It's nothing to knowing good and well I liked him in 2005 and kept it to myself for 10 years!

It's nothing but I've mailed it less than 24 hours ago and already it's been the toughest wait.

I'm terrified I somehow "sent the wrong form" or "didn't use black ENOUGH" ink or someone won't like how I assembled the package....I'm terrified now something will go wrong and make us wait longer now that we're in the home stretch!

Thank goodness I found this forum or else I don't think I would make it out alive!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I mailed July 5 as well. This will be a long, excruciating wait - because it already has been!

Background - When I was very young (US), I was thumbing through some kids' magazine and saw an advertisement for pen pals abroad. That sounded cool - so I requested one from England.

4500 miles away a little English girl was doing the same! We were paired together somehow (this was before the Internet, and we'd only filled out a questionnaire of interests).

We've kept it up for nearly 25 years now, though it's been much easier and quicker since the Internet has come along!

Over the years she would mail me pictures of herself, her friends, and her family. My adolescent self always thought her older brother was really cute - so cute I'd hang his picture with the others on my cork board as if I knew him personally. I called her once on her birthday in 1993, and he answered the phone.....swoon!!!! I think all I managed at the time was "Ummm...tee hee!" I was only 13.

Fast forward to 2005, this girl and I had corresponded so long that we arranged a visit. I would fly to her, and I'd stay with her to save hotel costs! I was now 25 years old. On the last day of my trip, we stayed with THAT brother because I had to be up at 5 am the next morning and he lived much nearer to the airport than she did.

Somehow, I was downstairs alone watching television before bed when he came into the room. He apologized for disturbing me (HA!) but instead, I asked him to sit with me and chat.

We ended up staying up all night together chatting. He was SO much like me in every single way. He was so easy to talk to. He was just....far more thrilling than I dreamed he'd be and this was the guy I'd secretly kept photos of for over a decade!

Unfortunately at the time I assumed he wouldn't "like me back" so I never pushed the issue. I flew home, added him as a friend on Facebook, and went on with my life.

Ten more years passed with he and I only exchanging random Facebook "likes" and comments. Over Christmas 2014, I could no longer stand it and I HAD to know if I possibly had a chance with him. I started private messaging him and wouldn't let up! I ended every message with a question to ensure he'd have a reason to reply. By mid-January we'd gotten to know each other better than before and it WAS better than before! We're basically twins, with the odd random difference in opinions and tastes here and there.

Finally I pulled up my bootstraps and told him I liked him. Turns out, he too felt we had a moment 10 years ago (now 11). We've been a couple ever since.

I visited him again last December, where he proposed. Since then we've been readying ourselves for the process, and I've been sprucing up my place (he's moving here).

So I mailed the I-129F packet yesterday. It was so bizarre to see all of those forms and letters with his name beside mine. Bizarre, but totally exciting!

We know we have a several month long wait ahead of us, which is just a drop in the bucket to 25 years of knowing each other existed and doing nothing about it until the past 1.5 years. It's nothing to knowing good and well I liked him in 2005 and kept it to myself for 10 years!

It's nothing but I've mailed it less than 24 hours ago and already it's been the toughest wait.

I'm terrified I somehow "sent the wrong form" or "didn't use black ENOUGH" ink or someone won't like how I assembled the package....I'm terrified now something will go wrong and make us wait longer now that we're in the home stretch!

Thank goodness I found this forum or else I don't think I would make it out alive!

Your story is amazing..like something out of a love movie..good luck!

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-4 Country: Gibraltar
Timeline

Just get it by email

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number WACxxxxxxxxxx

With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

Jesus Christ is Lord.

Okay I have a pretty dumb question now!

On the petition form itself, a section asked "Describe the circumstances in which you met." The previous question, however, asked if we had met each other in person within two years.

I just assumed that both questions were related - in other words, "Did you meet in two years? Ok how?"

But looking at other comments in threads it appears that everyone else has answered that question to describe how they FIRST met period! Now I'm freaking out!

I've explained the circumstances of our relationship (a more brief retelling of the post I made earlier) on another page but now I'm thinking I totally messed up the "met" question by responding "I spent a week with him in (town) in December 2015." Should I have instead said "I was sitting on the couch in 2005....?"

Ugh!

Timeline

This is an incredible story. I agree with the previous poster, it's like a movie! It's sad and romantic at the same time.

Filed: IR-4 Country: Gibraltar
Timeline

Good luck everyone.

July 7- I-129F Received

July 12- NOA1 (email notification. Case routed to CSC)

Are you able to track or to view the receipt Number on uscis Website at this Time?

Jesus Christ is Lord.

Just to remind all the new filers that you're sending your petition to the Texas lockbox and not to the Texas service center.

Ever since the end of March 215, ALL i129f petitions are being reviewed at the California service center.

Filling your timeline with the right center helps you and your fellow filers to get a more accurate timeline prediction.

Good luck to everyone

Timeline

I mailed my i129f on Sunday July 3, 2016. Yesterday Tuesday July12, 2016 I got the email and text telling me that my i129f was received. This is the email ...

Your case has been accepted and routed to the USCIS California Service Center for processing. Within 7-10 days by standard mail you will receive your official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) with your Receipt Number ( xxx hidden xxx). With the official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) you may visit www.uscis.gov where you can check the status of your case using My Case Status. We suggest you wait until you have received your Form I-797 before checking My Case Status.

This confirmation provides notification of the date USCIS received your case. This notice does NOT grant any immigration status or benefit. You MAY NOT present this notice as evidence that you have been granted any immigration status or benefit. Further, this notice does NOT constitute evidence that your case remains pending with USCIS. The current status of your case must be verified with USCIS.

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE

Does this mean I have officially received my NOA1? (in digital format)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.