9 posts in this topic

Hello, my boyfriend and I met online and have known each other for over 7 months. He lives in Morocco and is 25 yrs. old, and I live in America with 22 yrs. old. We plan to get married, and want to apply for the K1 visa, but we haven't met in person yet. We talk about him applying for a touristic visa, to visit me here in the usa; but from what we know it is difficult to be approved. Also, In Morocco, it is very difficult to find a stable job, which makes it difficult for him all around. So, we work online to provide for ourselves. We both live at home with our families at the moment. Please give your advice, we would appreciate it. Thanks so much.

Hello, my boyfriend and I met online and have known each other for over 7 months. He lives in Morocco and is 25 yrs. old, and I live in America with 22 yrs. old. We plan to get married, and want to apply for the K1 visa, but we haven't met in person yet. We talk about him applying for a touristic visa, to visit me here in the usa; but from what we know it is difficult to be approved. Also, In Morocco, it is very difficult to find a stable job, which makes it difficult for him all around. So, we work online to provide for ourselves. We both live at home with our families at the moment. Please give your advice, we would appreciate it. Thanks so much.

I believe you have to have met in person in the last 2 years to be eligible to apply for the K1 visa. I would say just take your time and get to know each other also while saving to maybe meet somewhere in person. As far as the income is concerned, you have to show that you can support him while he comes to the US and may have to submit an affidavit of support (I believe the embassy in Casablanca needs this) if your income doesn't meet the guidelines, you can get a co-sponsor.

Also maybe reviewing this guide may help you to start your journey. http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Dejarnette,

Until you have met in person you cannot file for the K1 Visa. Since you both work online, save up and visit him instead. then you can work and visit with him at the same time.

Good Luck.

Timeline

Hi. It is provided under the K1 Rules the need to declare that you met in person in the last two years.Therefore, it is indispensable to really meet in person before filing k1 petition. Otherwise, your petition will denied.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Yes the above are correct you have to have met in the 2 years prior to filing, and in anycase you will need photographs to send as proof of meeting.l

Sal and Jay

K1 - Complete
AOS - Complete
EAD - Complete
AP - Complete
ROC - Complete

N400-Complete

I am a United States citizen!

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: Timeline

Like everyone said, you have to meet in person before you can file for a K-1. It probably means you are going to have to visit him. Also, you both work online. Thinking farther ahead, you will need to have enough support for your fiancee either by yourself or with co-sponsors. Make sure you have adequate records to prove your income or your co-sponsors income. Good Luck!

Timeline

If and when you have decided to go visit him, keep your plane ticket, Boarding passes, itinerary, hotel receipt, take tons and tons of picture, especially together w/ his family. you need to demonstrate that your relationship is real. so keep all your chat logs, emails any evidence that you can provide to show USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.