pratmaster

Flight from Manila to USA Info

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK, I already know the answer to this, well I think I do, but my Fiancee is worried I am wrong and wanted me to ask, so...

She is worried that she needs a round trip flight ticket when she comes home to the USA. She is doing her interview in a few weeks and I am going to try to get her CFO seminar scheduled a couple days before her flight, so she does not have to make another round trip to Manila since she lives so far away. We are waiting to make plans after she has her visa in hand.

She thinks that she has to have a round trip since her visa is for 90 days only, I have explained it to her that its only if we do not get married, but she is still worried since she has had to have round trip to visit some other place she went in the past, Japan I think it was.

Anyway, she is worried that I am wrong, since I have made a couple mistakes with our K1 process, simple over looks, but to her.....

So, did anyone else have to explain this to there fiancee?

Or is she right and I am wrong?

yeah I know, the wife is always right, but I don't want to spend the extra money if I do not have to LOL

Thanks

Filed: Timeline

She does not have to have a round trip ticket. Some buy round trip tickets because they can at times be cheaper but it is not needed.

The intent of the K1 Visa is to come to the US , marry and live here.

BTW the Visa expires the moment it is used. It is a one time entry visa. You have 90 days to get married once she enters the US.

Timeline

That is exactly what I told her, but she is worried non the less.. Women :)

Yeah, I did see that sometimes round trip is almost as cheap or less then one way. I was even looking at 2 round trip (so I can go back again if off work) and it was not much more then a single round trip depending on the days..

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

OK, I already know the answer to this, well I think I do, but my Fiancee is worried I am wrong and wanted me to ask, so...

She is worried that she needs a round trip flight ticket when she comes home to the USA. She is doing her interview in a few weeks and I am going to try to get her CFO seminar scheduled a couple days before her flight, so she does not have to make another round trip to Manila since she lives so far away. We are waiting to make plans after she has her visa in hand.

She thinks that she has to have a round trip since her visa is for 90 days only, I have explained it to her that its only if we do not get married, but she is still worried since she has had to have round trip to visit some other place she went in the past, Japan I think it was.

Anyway, she is worried that I am wrong, since I have made a couple mistakes with our K1 process, simple over looks, but to her.....

So, did anyone else have to explain this to there fiancee?

Or is she right and I am wrong?

yeah I know, the wife is always right, but I don't want to spend the extra money if I do not have to LOL

Thanks

Nope! Don't need a round trip, UNLESS she isn't planning on staying... (my bad) :lol: Only reason there is ever discussion on round trip tickets is because once in a while a round trip ticket is cheaper.

Psst ~ visa is void upon entry, the 90 days is covered by the I-94.. marriage is required during that time. :)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Can I ask? If she been in Japan for 6 months? Does she get a Japan police certificate? Just asking since I went to Japan too and having anxiety preparing everything needed thanks

If you were residing in Japan for 6 months or more:

OTHER COUNTRY POLICE CERTIFICATES. Applicants aged 16 years and older must also present police certificates from other countries where they have lived for six (6) months or more after reaching age 16. As with NBI clearances, foreign police certificates should be obtained in any maiden names, aliases or nicknames used while in the country in question, including different spellings you have used of those names. Country-specific information on how to secure police certificates is available on the State Department’s website at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country.html.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/1178798/feb2015/K1-K2%20Applicant%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_February%202015_.pdf

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/index.php/2-visa-process/3-usem-k-1-visa

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The only time you absolutely must have a round-trip ticket as a condition of entry is for the VWP; everyone else (even on tourist visas) can enter on one-ways, though you may have a harder time entering as a tourist trying that.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

My wife (then fiance) flew to the U.S. on a one-way ticket with no problems, as all the others have said.

One reason to buy a round-trip with open-ended return is her peace of mind. Asian women have heard horror stories of being treated badly by Western men once they get to the U.S., just as Western men have heard horror stories of being ripped off by Asian women. Knowing that she can go home if things get really bad is good for her sanity.

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Timeline

Can I ask? If she been in Japan for 6 months? Does she get a Japan police certificate? Just asking since I went to Japan too and having anxiety preparing everything needed thanks

She was only there for 30 days visiting her cozen however she did work in Singapore for 15 years, and yes she did get the police clearance from Singapore before she left.

From what I understand, if you have been in any country for 6 months, you have to get a police clearance from each country.. If you have, then I would get the clearance rom the police

In Singapore they no longer issue police clearance to non Singapore citizens, but she took in the paperwork that stated it is required by the USA goverment, and the police where more then happy to take our money and give her a clearance

Timeline

We talked about it again and I told her what you all said and it made her happy and said that there is no need to spend the extra money if she only needs a one way.

But I do understand the need for that security for some, I did not even think about that.

She just seams to be the type of person that worries over the small things that I know will not be a problem, but I understand that its a big step for her to come here. So I try to reassure her about things I either read on here (thanks everyone) or watch on some of the youtube videos of people that have posted that have also gone through this (thanks to you all as well)

Well, if her interview goes well, I know it should, her and I will be planning the CFO deal and a flight home maybe the end of July or by the end of Aug depending on when she has the visa in hand and can get a good deal on ticket for her.

I have not looked into it yet, but what do we have to submit after we are married (we plan on getting married just a few weeks after she arrives, give her a little time to adjust) I would think I have to send in the marriage paperwork to the US government, I did see something about sending something to the Philippine government as well,

got any links to where I need to read up on for that info and send to her so she can read them to?

Thanks again everyone

Timeline

We talked about it again and I told her what you all said and it made her happy and said that there is no need to spend the extra money if she only needs a one way.

But I do understand the need for that security for some, I did not even think about that.

She just seams to be the type of person that worries over the small things that I know will not be a problem, but I understand that its a big step for her to come here. So I try to reassure her about things I either read on here (thanks everyone) or watch on some of the youtube videos of people that have posted that have also gone through this (thanks to you all as well)

Well, if her interview goes well, I know it should, her and I will be planning the CFO deal and a flight home maybe the end of July or by the end of Aug depending on when she has the visa in hand and can get a good deal on ticket for her.

I have not looked into it yet, but what do we have to submit after we are married (we plan on getting married just a few weeks after she arrives, give her a little time to adjust) I would think I have to send in the marriage paperwork to the US government, I did see something about sending something to the Philippine government as well,

got any links to where I need to read up on for that info and send to her so she can read them to?

Thanks again everyone

After marriage you will have to complete AOS (Adjustement of Status) for your new wife to get her green card, https://www.uscis.gov/i-485 . You can complete report of marriage (ROM) to the Philippines while your are AOS is in process, this can be done by mail http://www.philippinesusa.org/index.php?page=consular-services-main/faq-main/#solemnization . Changing her passport to her married name has to be done in person, you can wait for an outreach event or head up to DC for that. Not sure if there is an outreach event in Lexington, closest one for us was Nashville.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

She was only there for 30 days visiting her cozen however she did work in Singapore for 15 years, and yes she did get the police clearance from Singapore before she left.

From what I understand, if you have been in any country for 6 months, you have to get a police clearance from each country.. If you have, then I would get the clearance rom the police

In Singapore they no longer issue police clearance to non Singapore citizens, but she took in the paperwork that stated it is required by the USA goverment, and the police where more then happy to take our money and give her a clearance

I found information different than what you are quoting. Can you site your information. What I found is here:

Singapore

More information can be found at the web site of the Singapore Police Force. Go to services then select certificates. From there you can download the instructions and form. The Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) is issued for immigration related purposes only. CNCC is issued to Singapore citizens, Singapore residents and foreigners who have resided in Singapore for more than 6 months and are above the age of 16. For more information, please call: CNCC Officer, Tel :437 4561

http://usvisa.com/policecertificates.shtml

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I found information different than what you are quoting. Can you site your information. What I found is here:

Singapore

More information can be found at the web site of the Singapore Police Force. Go to services then select certificates. From there you can download the instructions and form. The Certificate of No Criminal Conviction (CNCC) is issued for immigration related purposes only. CNCC is issued to Singapore citizens, Singapore residents and foreigners who have resided in Singapore for more than 6 months and are above the age of 16. For more information, please call: CNCC Officer, Tel :437 4561

http://usvisa.com/policecertificates.shtml

https://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overseasmission/canberra/consular_services/certificate_of_clearance.html

"

The Singapore Police Force (SPF) no longer issues the Certificate of Clearance (COC) to non-Singapore citizens. However, if a COC is still required by a non-Singapore citizen, he/she may wish to submit an appeal to SPF by completing both the appeal and application form. Please refer to the following website for more details:

http://www.police.gov.sg/e-services/apply/application-for-certificate-of-clearance" (dead link as of 6/25/16)

Well, I was wrong, I forgot that she had to appeal it.

I seam to remember she read something in the paper, or it was posted somewhere that Singapore no longer issued for non citizens, but we did all this back in Jan and Feb 2016, so I do not remember now.

I do remember reading that they (SPF) required a letter from the country issuing the visa stating that the US required the COC, but my fiancee just took in the print out from the USCI or some other US visa website with the instructions for the K-1 visa process, don't remember now what site is was.

I just know we got the COC right before she went back to the Philippines in March and it was not as big of a deal as she thought it was going to be.

So I was wrong, but not completely, just partly/mostly LOL..

Timeline

After marriage you will have to complete AOS (Adjustement of Status) for your new wife to get her green card, https://www.uscis.gov/i-485 . You can complete report of marriage (ROM) to the Philippines while your are AOS is in process, this can be done by mail http://www.philippinesusa.org/index.php?page=consular-services-main/faq-main/#solemnization . Changing her passport to her married name has to be done in person, you can wait for an outreach event or head up to DC for that. Not sure if there is an outreach event in Lexington, closest one for us was Nashville.

Oh OK, I knew I had to do the AOS, but I have not even looked at any of that paperwork yet, I was just not sure if there was different paperwork or it was part of the AOS. I wanted to get everything done with the K-1 first, get her here and get married, then start looking at the AOS, but I guess I need to see what paperwork she needs if different then what she has collected for the K-1..

I doubt there is one in Lexington, Maybe Louisville or Cincinnati, but if not Nashville is way closer then DC, although I have never been to DC and it would be an excuse to go.....

When I file the AOS, that is also when I file the (whatever number it is) paperwork for her to be allowed to work right? She wants to go to work as soon as she can so she can support her family back home, since she quit her work in Singapore to marry me.. yeah, I do feel a little bad about that, but my moving to Singapore was not an option due to my work, and she said it was to expensive to live there...Ok dear.... LOL

Thanks for the links, I will bookmark them now, and looks at the AOS to see what else she might need from the Philippines while she is still there..

Timeline

When I file the AOS, that is also when I file the (whatever number it is) paperwork for her to be allowed to work right?

I already answered my own question, I saw it on the I-485 instructions... Its the I-765

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.