Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coco&Kitten

What exactly is NOA1 and NOA2...

11 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

Covo&Kitten,

When one submits an application or petition to the USCIS that can be accepted for processing the USCIS will send a Notice of Action of type Receipt Notice, to let the applicant or petitioner know that the application or petition has been received.

When the application or petition has been approved by the USCIS it will send a Notice of Action of type Approval Notice.

In most (but not all) cases, these will be the 1st and the 2nd NOAs sent out with regard to the case.

Yodrak

Hi,

I am just learning the process before we submit our I-130. What exactly is NOA1, NOA2, etc... is there any webpage where it is explained?

Thanks

Or sometimes they will use Form I-797.

Yodrak

NOA-1 = Notice of Action Form I-797C (Receipt Notice)

NOA-2 = Notice of Action From I-797C (Approval Notice)

we got email stating that they received our application and transferred to vsc... was that email can be considered as noa1? thanks

The petioner will receive a hard copy of the NOA1 via snail mail, this is the official copy.

Good luck on your journey. :thumbs:

we got email stating that they received our application and transferred to vsc... was that email can be considered as noa1? thanks

That was the unofficial notice.. .you'll get a hard copy in the mail in a few days. I received my email on Nov. 5 and the letter arrived on the 8th. Congrats!! Welcome to the club! :)

That was the unofficial notice.. .you'll get a hard copy in the mail in a few days. I received my email on Nov. 5 and the letter arrived on the 8th. Congrats!! Welcome to the club! :)

thank you so much for that... but they told us that it will take 7-10 days before it'll arrive in vermont... so hopefully by monday next week we can the noa1(hard copy)

Thanks for the helpful information. As a LPR filling the petition for my wife, I received the NOA1 on Dec 22/2010 but since then, nothing else. The web tool still shows "Initial Review". Is that delay normal or do you think I should take some action?

The best luck for everyone.

Thanks for the helpful information. As a LPR filling the petition for my wife, I received the NOA1 on Dec 22/2010 but since then, nothing else. The web tool still shows "Initial Review". Is that delay normal or do you think I should take some action?

The best luck for everyone.

take some action

Ancient (7.5-year-old) thread closed. Recent post split and moved into the CR-1 Case Progress subforum, with this thread title: Problem If I Don't Get NOA1 Hard Copy? [split topic]

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.