Halalbrother

Administrative processing after interview US embassy in Cairo

1,857 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
On 3/26/2017 at 9:41 AM, Ahmed & Amy said:

Hi all. I have a question about AP. Is it more common for someone to be put on AP if they are an engineer (Electronics & Electrical Communications? I read something some months ago and can not find the same article again, that mentioned certain countries as well as types of employment can put you in the  category of being place on AP. Is this entirely true...? I understand that there is no true way to know if you'll be placed on AP and for how long, but I thought I'd ask.

All those who are still waiting, I truly hope for you all to be issued your Visa so soon. 

i think yes  . thats why the same co who interviewed you put me  on AP .. BTW i  saw u in person at front of  embassy 2 days ago :)  

7 hours ago, C.ezz said:

i think yes  . thats why the same co who interviewed you put me  on AP .. BTW i  saw u in person at front of  embassy 2 days ago :)  

Oh really, you saw us? :D We would have been more than happy to have spoken to you if we had known you. 

I am sorry to know that you were placed on AP.  I had read after making this post above, about the Technology Alert List (TAL). I knew someone who was on AP from Cairo (He CR-1) only because of his work (he worked in hardware design). He was only on AP for nearly 3 months (This was last year). InshaAllah I hope you clear much quicker, but from what I understand AP  that is usually related to your field of studies or employment can take up to 14-16 weeks. 

I truly hope for you the best and please stay in touch and let us know how you are. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Oh really, you saw us? :D We would have been more than happy to have spoken to you if we had known you. 

I am sorry to know that you were placed on AP.  I had read after making this post above, about the Technology Alert List (TAL). I knew someone who was on AP from Cairo (He CR-1) only because of his work (he worked in hardware design). He was only on AP for nearly 3 months (This was last year). InshaAllah I hope you clear much quicker, but from what I understand AP  that is usually related to your field of studies or employment can take up to 14-16 weeks. 

I truly hope for you the best and please stay in touch and let us know how you are. 

Yea :)  i was 608   .. i  came  b4 you  but you get in  b4  me Lol .. i  was thinking in  my  mind ...omg  i  know this guys :) 

i  was  wearing  white shirt    ..  jeans  .. athletic body shape.. holding black bag .. playing candy  crush most of time  :jest:

2 hours ago, C.ezz said:

Yea :)  i was 608   .. i  came  b4 you  but you get in  b4  me Lol .. i  was thinking in  my  mind ...omg  i  know this guys :) 

i  was  wearing  white shirt    ..  jeans  .. athletic body shape.. holding black bag .. playing candy  crush most of time  :jest:

I remember you!!!! :D Yes you were standing there next to the car.  I truly hope insha'Allah so soon you get good news and get your Visa. Stay in touch, if you need anything just message us.  You take care and my prayers are with you insha'Allah. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I remember you!!!! :D Yes you were standing there next to the car.  I truly hope insha'Allah so soon you get good news and get your Visa. Stay in touch, if you need anything just message us.  You take care and my prayers are with you insha'Allah. 

thanks for ur Supporting ..  i will feel free to ask for help if  i need :)   

Filed: Timeline
On May 11, 2017 at 7:50 PM, Hesham. said:

Also, the embassy in Cairo is not known to have the courage to take any step without the approval from D.C. (i.e. not waiting for the AP to finish on the ceac website)

By the way, I'm wondering what AP has to do with the "approval from D.C."???

Anyway, my wife's immigrant visa application for CR-1 visa was put on AP last December 22, 2016 and since then there was NOT even one update on their site. I wrote and called them numerous times but same ole ole answer with full of grammatical mistakes. Finally last month I got my congresswoman involved, though it didn't help much because I got the same answer for my wife's case but at least her case was updated only just yesterday on their website...So I hope to see some actions pretty soon; otherwise a month later I will contact my Senator to know how long more it would take to complete AP as it going to be over 6 months....

Timeline

Hello guys

Happy Eid and may we all get free soon inshaALLAH from this **** :)

Don't forget to try to enjoy ur life anyways because every day is counted from our limited lives anyways.

I have been on AP for 5 and a half months, interview was short and smooth on 11/1 

Timeline

Good day everyone..

I had my k1 visa interview on June 7th, it went smoothly and at the end of the interview the CO asked me to have my medical examination then send the medical report and my passport by Aramex.. I sent them on June 17th then I checked my status on CEAS website on June 18th and it was AP.. today it's 7 days business work after the Eid's week.. I know it might take long time, but should I email them beside waiting ?

Thanks in advance and best wishes for all of you inshAllah..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Nody said:

Good day everyone..

I had my k1 visa interview on June 7th, it went smoothly and at the end of the interview the CO asked me to have my medical examination then send the medical report and my passport by Aramex.. I sent them on June 17th then I checked my status on CEAS website on June 18th and it was AP.. today it's 7 days business work after the Eid's week.. I know it might take long time, but should I email them beside waiting ?

Thanks in advance and best wishes for all of you inshAllah..

Hi Nody,

Did he say if you were approved or not? If yes, it might take 2~3 weeks before you get "Issued" status then 2~3 more business days you'll find it with Aramex.

Can you give us a bit more details about your interview and perhaps fill in your profile's timeline? Perhaps write us a brief summary of the interview experience: Which window were you interviewed at? What did the interviewer look like? Did you notice the color of your file? What questions were asked? How long did it take? etc.

All the best.

Timeline
Just now, Super Uber said:

Hi Nody,

Did he say if you were approved or not? If yes, it might take 2~3 weeks before you get "Issued" status then 2~3 more business days you'll find it with Aramex.

Can you give us a bit more details about your interview and perhaps fill in your profile's timeline? Perhaps write us a brief summary of the interview experience: Which window were you interviewed at? What did the interviewer look like? Did you notice the color of your file? What questions were asked? How long did it take? etc.

All the best.

No, the CO didn't tell me if I am approved or not but he asked me to send my passport with the medical report by Aramex . My interview was at window 14 it lasted for 10 minutes, he asked me many questions ( my fiance name, his car model, his address, his work, his visits to Egypt, evidences for our relation, his favorite food, why we are going to get married in the US not Egypt and our wedding plan ) he was writing everything on a computer.. he was smiling all the time. I don't know what color was my file! 

I don't know how to fill in my profile timeline!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
1 hour ago, Nody said:

No, the CO didn't tell me if I am approved or not but he asked me to send my passport with the medical report by Aramex . My interview was at window 14 it lasted for 10 minutes, he asked me many questions ( my fiance name, his car model, his address, his work, his visits to Egypt, evidences for our relation, his favorite food, why we are going to get married in the US not Egypt and our wedding plan ) he was writing everything on a computer.. he was smiling all the time. I don't know what color was my file! 

I don't know how to fill in my profile timeline!

Did you have any kind of red flags on the case? You can determine this by looking at/answering the following:

-The number of fiance's visits to you.

-The length of his stay. Did he visit you for a month or more etc?

-How long have you known him for.

-How you've met.

-Different religious backgrounds?

-Age difference/gap?

Answering these questions do give several indications.

Edited by Super Uber

Timeline
Just now, Super Uber said:

Did you have any kind of red flags on the case? You can determine this by looking at/answering the following:

-The number of fiance's visits to you.

-The length of his stay. Did he visit you for a month or more etc?

-How long have you known him for. And

-How you've met.

Answering these questions do give several indications.

What red flags ?

Yes the CO asked me these questions too and I answered them .. actually I expected those questions and I answered everything very easily Alhamdulillah.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.