Shawntina Sekyi A

Stressed to the Maxx!!??

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello all,

I'm a bit confused of this whole process.... I have been here often reading but still don't understand things?

For starters, I have filied an i130 and i129f( k3 visa route), received noa1 for both but I'm hearing they're not really processing them ..so my question becomes, do I just cancel the k3 visa n just go with the i130 process? Can I do that? Or do I continue on as I am now? My husband and I are already married but we have made plans to re officiate on August 26 2016 here in the states. .they way the process is looking. I don't he will be here in time for it and I already have my dress. Spent money on invitations and stamps and put a deposit down on a venue, along with a few small things. What should we do???

No plans should be made before having the visa in hand, the same goes for selling property, making payments towards parties and such. Your loss. Try and talk with the venue to postpone it and whatever else you're able to.

K3s are obsolete, you should just wait now for the processing of your i130.

Good luck.

Thanks... My i130 will adjudicated in July... I wonder how long after that will things go??

After the i130 is approved, it goes to the nvc where you'll be requested to file your paperwork, then after that it goes to the embassy... I'd say at least 3 months, not sure how fast things are moving at the nvc and at your embassy.

Timeline

Currently, it takes about 3 - 4 months to have your I-130 approved (Citizen filing for spouse).

Once approved, it takes about another 2 - 3 months to get Case Complete at NVC (Depends on how fast and thorough you send in the paperwork)

After Case Complete at NVC, for Ghana, there is a current average of 140 days (about 5 months) between day case completed and the Interview day at the Embassy.

Timeline

The plans you have made need to be postponed because you won't know the out come until he's had his interview, there is no guarantee he will get a visa, this is a very tough embassy, Ghana is considered a high fraud embassy, as for the k3 don't mess with it or worry about it, it will cancel out at NVC stage, when I first filed uscis came back and said I can file the k3 with my cr1 so I did they said it would help it go faster did it really help I don't know but everything went smooth in my process, your only worry now would be is that this embassy is behind a lot and move a little slow. I hate to be downer but this embassy is not for the weak, you should concentrate on getting a great deal of evidence to show a bona fide marriage to this embassy, go back and read post for people who had issues with there proof and make sure won't have these issues and be ready for anything they bring up! Good luck

Thanks... My i130 will adjudicated in July... I wonder how long after that will things go??

This is not true thats an estimate not a factual date. It relies on member data. When i first made my timeline it said i would be adjudicated april 23 now im june 5 and i applied for 129 in March 2016 even i will not make a it for an August wedding.

And dont forget your in a high fraud country you dont know if youll be placed in AP :no: dont book flight or anything on that timeline.

Edited by Anitafeliz

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I did the exact same thing you did hoping that i may be that very small percentage that gets a K3, well I wasn't! lol But it went forward as normal with the ir1 once it reached NVC. I do not think it delayed the process in anyway comparing our case to our counterparts who filed around the same time. Don't mess with it at all, just let it play out, just be aware K3s are obsolete!

Met in and lived in beneficiary's country 2010-2012

Applied 2012-Approved K1 in 2013 (approx 8 months Noa1-approval)- decided to postpone marriage and live together in beneficiary's country before marriage.

Married 11/30/13 -lived together until filing

Filed for K3-04/06/2015

Noa1 04/06/15

Noa2 08/06/15

NVC case # 09/18/2015-case became CR1 (it's true what they say K3 is obsolete-don't even attempt it)

Paid AOS 09/18/2015

Paid 261 09/23/2015

Sent AOS and IV packed 10/07/15

Scan date 10/08/15

DS-260 10/14/2015

11/10/2015 Found out I had a checklist

11/18/2015 Scan date for information they needed after talking to someone over the phone regarding checklist

11/19/2015 FINALLY recieved actual checklist

11/30/2015 Sent one more extra tax transcript to avoid any possible further checklists

12/16/2015 Requested an Expedite

12/29/2015 Expedite approved, case being sent immediately to Embassy/awaiting interview date

12/31/2015- CEAC shows case as IN TRANSIT

1/11/2016- CEAC shows READY

1/14/2016-Received interview date/packet-case became IR1 (married more then 2 years)

Medical Scheduled 1/22/2016

Medical Completed

Interview Scheduled 2/18/2016

VISA APPROVED 2/18/2016

2/19/2016 VISA ISSUED

3/05/2016 ENTERED USA!!!!

3/16/2016-Paid GC fee

4/25/2016-Received GC in mail!!!!

August is NOT going to happen.

Best to get on the phone immediately and start pleading your heart out for refunds. Don't send out any invitations.

Once your husband has the visa physically in his hand then you can start making arrangements. But for now you are looking at a lot more months before the visa is issued.

Good luck.

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the support here..I truly appreciate it!! Now as far as our paperwork's goes, everything is straight forward( no prior marriage's no children no criminal records ects), we also prepared it very professional, with plenty of boni fide proof..thus far we have not been rfe (hopefully we still won't)But I'm seeing that people who are,their case seems to move a little bit faster.Also we did receive our noa1 pretty fast but again I'm getting a better Understanding of the process.. We are also assigned to Potomac Service Center Looks to be both a plus and a minus lol...I hear what you all are saying but it very well could change pretty fast for us all,,,

My next question would be, our we allowed to visit while we do this process?

You can visits looks good i would say :thumbs:

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Timeline

If your husband is in Ghana, the chances of he getting a tourist visa is zero. My husband would have loved to take that chance.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Noa1 typically come very fast as it seems, but that is probably going to be the only fast part of this process. I am sure pretty much everyone on here can attest that a Cr1 visa is going to take around a year even if everything goes perfectly planned. I wish you the best, but August is WAY out of the question don't waste your money. And as stated above, the golden rule, is never plan anything until the visa is in hand. Sorry and best of luck.

Met in and lived in beneficiary's country 2010-2012

Applied 2012-Approved K1 in 2013 (approx 8 months Noa1-approval)- decided to postpone marriage and live together in beneficiary's country before marriage.

Married 11/30/13 -lived together until filing

Filed for K3-04/06/2015

Noa1 04/06/15

Noa2 08/06/15

NVC case # 09/18/2015-case became CR1 (it's true what they say K3 is obsolete-don't even attempt it)

Paid AOS 09/18/2015

Paid 261 09/23/2015

Sent AOS and IV packed 10/07/15

Scan date 10/08/15

DS-260 10/14/2015

11/10/2015 Found out I had a checklist

11/18/2015 Scan date for information they needed after talking to someone over the phone regarding checklist

11/19/2015 FINALLY recieved actual checklist

11/30/2015 Sent one more extra tax transcript to avoid any possible further checklists

12/16/2015 Requested an Expedite

12/29/2015 Expedite approved, case being sent immediately to Embassy/awaiting interview date

12/31/2015- CEAC shows case as IN TRANSIT

1/11/2016- CEAC shows READY

1/14/2016-Received interview date/packet-case became IR1 (married more then 2 years)

Medical Scheduled 1/22/2016

Medical Completed

Interview Scheduled 2/18/2016

VISA APPROVED 2/18/2016

2/19/2016 VISA ISSUED

3/05/2016 ENTERED USA!!!!

3/16/2016-Paid GC fee

4/25/2016-Received GC in mail!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.