2VwithU

How to make convincing statement in Form I-601

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your SO can now petition you.

Hi ! I have previous petition and it was denied 3 year ago. Recently i have my annulment thus, i'm free to marry my fiance, Can you please spare me a little information regarding what you have said ... Thanks a lot #Boiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

So you mean to say that i don't need to file for a waiver for now since my previous K-1 cannot be revived because it was denied and dead case. thanks for your valuable time and for sharing this information. I will discuss this matter with my fiancee thanks a lot #belinda63

Yes-ish.

You do not need to file a waiver NOW, because you first need to file a new K1, and once that gets denied at interview, THEN you file a waiver.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If the USC lied about their marital status he/she is the one who would get in trouble not the intending immigrant.

Your friend did leave the US right?

if the USC lied and didnt say they were married would the non-USC get in trouble???

i think i understand now tho.. the immigrant had another marriage and didnt say anything hoping the US gov wouldnt find out and tried to get a marriage visa... hmmm i could see how that is a big deal...

i guess if the USC omit this, they arent trying to gain a visa? so then in that case the immigrant wouldnt be at fault if the USC was the one that misrepresented details?

honestly, i dont understand why people think that the US Gov wont find out through extensive background checks that they were still married? like that is a record they could pull up

I also heard a story on VJ where the guy denied because he didnt write down ALL his divorces because their was not enough room.. umm.. where did it say write only your last 2 divorces? no, it said write 'all' so you add a sheet and put 'please refer to the sheet'

i am not sure where she is.. it was more of an acquantence but she wasnt on a K1 visa and i dont think she ended up even filing out the paperwork.

Timeline

Yes-ish.

You do not need to file a waiver NOW, because you first need to file a new K1, and once that gets denied at interview, THEN you file a waiver

if i will file for a new k1 is there any possibilities or chance that my new K-1 petition will be approved even though i have previous records of fraud/misrepresentation ? What happen to my previous K-1 petition ? I have a bad record due to fraud ... I talked to a lawyer and told me that in order to get K-1 visa approval first is to clear me from the fraud / misrep charged against me and. it should be removed permanently on my record. Hope you can enlighten me more with these matters thanks a lot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

There is no way I am aware of to remove your prior misrepresentation. You stated you were free to marry when you knew you were not.

The only way you know what will happen is to have your fiance file a new petition. The old petition was denied and closed because you did not meet the requirements i.e. you were not free to marry and the US does not permit bigamy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi! is there anyone here who is familiar or who have working experience with Atty Michael J. Gurfinkel or Atty Brian D. Lerner ? I'm planning to hire a lawyer to help me with my case thanks a lot

You need to just file and see what happens.. u dont need a good lawyer you would need a good WAIVER lawyer.. right now, you dont know what the outcome is.. if you have misrep ban, then you may be allowed a waiver to overcome it...

gogle the lawyer and see if he has a good track record of waivers.

Timeline

You need to just file and see what happens.. u dont need a good lawyer you would need a good WAIVER lawyer.. right now, you dont know what the outcome is.. if you have misrep ban, then you may be allowed a waiver to overcome it...

gogle the lawyer and see if he has a good track record of waivers.

I have this notice from the CO (pls. see attached file) after several weeks of my interview, it was clearly indicated that i was charged of fraud/misrep. thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

You are putting the cart before the horse. First your significant other needs to file a new petition and you go to the interview. At that time you will find out if you are denied and if so if you qualify to file a waiver. Since you made it to the interview the last time your significant other is obviously competent enough to do the initial paperwork. Question, did he know you were still married?

If you are denied but eligible for a waiver then you would need to hire a good immigration attorney who is proficient in filing waivers.

Timeline

You are putting the cart before the horse. First your significant other needs to file a new petition and you go to the interview. At that time you will find out if you are denied and if so if you qualify to file a waiver. Since you made it to the interview the last time your significant other is obviously competent enough to do the initial paperwork. Question, did he know you were still married?

If you are denied but eligible for a waiver then you would need to hire a good immigration attorney who is proficient in filing waivers.

inadmissability.pdf

Just for clarification I have my interview last year 2013 at the embassy then i was denied and the CO sent a notice to me(see attachment). Meaning that notice of denial i had received doesn't indicate that i can apply for a waiver or i'm qualified to file a waiver. My fiancee doesn't know that i'm still married at that point. Recently, i have my annulment of marriage now we are planning to push my K-1 petition but somehow , we're so confused where to begin the process. are we going to submit waiver now ? since i got these charges or we file for a new petition which you and some others mentioned here ? Last time i consulted a lawyer and he told me that we need to kill the fraud / misrep and permanently erase it on my record prior to anything else... @Belinda63 thanks a lot i appreciated your time and for sharing your ideas ...

Edited by 2VwithU

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The original K1 is dead, you were married so not eligible.

Now you are divorced you can start again, or your SO can if he wants to.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

The original K1 is dead, you were married so not eligible.

Now you are divorced you can start again, or your SO can if he wants to.

If my previous K-1 petition is dead so how about my previous charges is it treated the same effect ? If we pursue to file for a new petition without correcting my previous inadmissibility will only get absolute denial outcome right ? and there's no assurances of acquiring approval . Thanks @Boiler i appreciated your time and sharing your thoughts .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

%yis time you will need a waiver.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If my previous K-1 petition is dead so how about my previous charges is it treated the same effect ? If we pursue to file for a new petition without correcting my previous inadmissibility will only get absolute denial outcome right ? and there's no assurances of acquiring approval . Thanks @Boiler i appreciated your time and sharing your thoughts

File your new K1 petition you will then find out what the next step is.....whether or not you need a waiver. But the FIRST step is filing a new petition.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.