bhubba2

K-1 Visa Interview Cancelled TWICE in two months - What's wrong??

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello all,

My fiance and I are going through an incredibly rough time right now. We recent found out that our K-1 Visa Interview in Montreal has been cancelled for the second time. First it was scheduled for Monday May 16, and cancelled exactly 2 weeks before hand (May 2). We scheduled it again, the day it was cancelled, May 2, for Tuesday, June 6th. Today (May 24), we found out that it was cancelled again for no reason.

Has anyone run into anything similar? If so, what did you do? Does anyone know the particular reason for this?

Any advice or suggestions welcome.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Wow, that's strange. Do you guys have any red flags they might be considering?

Fiancee Visa Timeline

1/7/16 - I-129F Sent

1/28/16 - NOA1

3/10/16 - NOA2

4/8/16 - NVC Sent

5/2/16 - Medical

5/2/16 - Interview

5/4/16 - Physical

5/10/16 - Dropped passport off at Embassy

5/12/16 - Visa in Hand

5/21/16 - POE

7/10/16 - Marriage

AOS Timeline

7/21/16 - Mailed packet

7/23/16 - Packet delivered

7/28/16 - NOA1

10/7/16 - Biometrics

11/30/16 - EAD/AP Approved

12/6.16 - EAD/AP Received

1/21/17 - New card ordered for production

1/23/17 - Greencard Approved (no interview)

1/24/17 - Greencard Mailed

1/26/17 - Greencard Received

• On Oct 13th AOS status was updated to say that a notice was returned due to post office being unable to deliver it. Tier two told me that it was biometrics or NOA1 (even though I had received both before this date).

• A few weeks later I received a notice dated Nov 10th, in regards to my call about the Oct 13th notice. The new notice said that there were no RFE's or withholding on my case. So still not sure what this Oct 13th notice was about.

• Received a letter from a NY office on Dec 23rd (dated Dec 10) stating that my medical was over 1 year old. (At this point my medical was only 7 months old)

• Teir two submitted an internal service request to which I got a response telling me that I need to respond to RFE ASAP

• Submitted another service request on 1/6/17. To which I got a response on 1/19/17 stating that my case was pending and is outside of processing time (no mention of RFE)

ROC Timeline

10/21/18 - Packet Sent

xx/xx/xx - NOA1

xx/xx/xx - NOA2

xx/xx/xx - Card Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiance and I are going through an incredibly rough time right now. We recent found out that our K-1 Visa Interview in Montreal has been cancelled for the second time. First it was scheduled for Monday May 16, and cancelled exactly 2 weeks before hand (May 2). We scheduled it again, the day it was cancelled, May 2, for Tuesday, June 6th. Today (May 24), we found out that it was cancelled again for no reason.

Has anyone run into anything similar? If so, what did you do? Does anyone know the particular reason for this?

I personally haven't seen this before. You might want to email Montreal, they don't have a phone number to contact them. Montreal-IV-DV@state.gov is the email I have from talking to them about my K1. I'd also hop over to the Canada regional section and see if it's happened to anyone else in the last few weeks. Good luck, I hope you get there soon!

Met 2008. Moved in together 2010. Married 2015. Baby Z joined us 2017 . :wub:

AOS Timeline 350 days

May 31/15 - Sent AOS/EAD/AP to USCIS

June 4/15 - Email and text notifications they were recieved

June 10/15 - NOA1 for AOS/EAD/AP Dated June 1

June 17/15- Change of address confirmation

June 22/15- Biometrics appointment received

July 1/15- Biometrics appointment done(5 minute appointment, 8 hour round trip drive <_< )

August 5/15 - Change of address submitted for new location

August 8/15 - Mobile/E-mail notifications for approved EAD/AP :)

August 17/15 - Change of address confirmation after calling in

August 17/15 - EAD/AP Combo card mailed out(To the wrong address, and then lost by USPS)

September 3/15 - Contacted USCIS and was told to re-apply with a new application and fees?! Put in a service request online for lost card, and a complaint

September 8/15 - USPS found & returned card to USCIS

September 15/15 - Ombudsman contacted USCIS

September 17/15 - Card mailed back out

September 19/15 - EAD/AP Combo card finally in hand

September 22/15 - NPIW letter received, dated September 9/2015 estimated 6 month wait

October 13-21/15 - Traveled using AP to visit parents & ship the rest of our belongings out west

November 27-30/15 - Traveled using AP

December 28/15- RFE hard copy, waiting on documents from Canada

January 31-February 7/16 - Traveled using AP

February 10/16 - Sent in RFE, delivered Feb 16

April 16/16 - Service request filed, RFE was never updated online

May 12 - Approved email and status update dated May 10. Service request never was assigned or solved, though.

May 14 - Greencard in hand!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malta
Timeline

Important Notice: Effective April 1, 2016, the U.S. Consulate General in Vancouver will no longer process fiancé(e) (K) visas. The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal will be the interview location for all fiancé(e) visas in Canada. This change applies to all fiancé(e) visa petitions received at the National Visa Center after March 31, 2016. The U.S. Consulate General in Vancouver will continue to process fiancé(e) visa applications and conduct interviews for petitions they receive prior to that date. Learn more.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread is moved from the K-1 Process forum to the Canada regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The OP indicated Montreal

Important Notice: Effective April 1, 2016, the U.S. Consulate General in Vancouver will no longer process fiancé(e) (K) visas. The U.S. Consulate General in Montreal will be the interview location for all fiancé(e) visas in Canada. This change applies to all fiancé(e) visa petitions received at the National Visa Center after March 31, 2016. The U.S. Consulate General in Vancouver will continue to process fiancé(e) visa applications and conduct interviews for petitions they receive prior to that date. Learn more.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

They have your packet 3 and sent ypu packet 4 telling you to book an interview? Email them as suggested.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

There is high possibility that you may have entered incorrect information about your visa type:

In Montreal Consulate, they only allow K1 visa interview on Wednesday. (it may changes from time to time but I just did my K1 interview on May 25th and only date available was Wednesday). As far as I know, all other Canadians who scheduled the K1 interview around this time frame only had Wednesday available as well.

Please double check you followed all the instruction correctly. You can't make an appoint on Monday or Tuesday.

Hello all,

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all for the feedback! We have figured out the situation and as peterjk pointed out, the information that was entered was incorrect and we now have an interview scheduled on a Wednesday. I greatly appreciate the positive support this site has given us throughout this journey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.