RN1234

K1 denied and humanitarian denied x2 .need help please!!

72 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

^ this 100%

And shoot, my daughter would go to three different elementary schools if I move within a 5 mile radius of where I currently am. I'm literally two streets down from one school, one street down from another. Zoning for schools is incredibly tight in some areas, most people don't have the luxury of staying at the same school with the same people.

We're looking to keep her in this school until we can get a home and then her current school will work with her new school to make the transition easier. (She's special needs so it's not super easy to transition!)

Yes, and this could be a plus! She would get the experience and culture of another country while building a closer relationship with her father. I see ++ bonus here.

I went to 10 different schools in 12 years. I think it helped me to be more outgoing and adaptable to new situations. I have many friends from different areas in my city now because of it.

I have to agree. I personally do not see what extreme hardship this situation would qualify forms to why she could not move to the uk.

Yes that plus the available job prospects would be tough, but there are other hardships I suppose.

Hope it all works out for the best!

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The USA view of marijuana and its penalty has changed. Really...... if the person took the time out to call you and point out a blivet in your file, that person may have written something in your file for the adjudicating team of 601s. Really though, You have only a few dollars to lose but everything to gain. You can do a waiver in advance of a petition if you know ALL the offenses. Good luck no matter what you decide

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The USA view of marijuana and its penalty has changed. Really...... if the person took the time out to call you and point out a blivet in your file, that person may have written something in your file for the adjudicating team of 601s. Really though, You have only a few dollars to lose but everything to gain. You can do a waiver in advance of a petition if you know ALL the offenses. Good luck no matter what you decide

No, no and no.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

on which part exactly?

Federal laws on marijuana has not changed, spend a day at a local courthouse. Those with marijuana charges get more years than sexual offenders. Also, you cannot prefile a waiver before a petition denial.

OP never filed for a I-130 that a denial allows for waiver. You cannot file a waiver with fiancé petition.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: L-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Federal laws on marijuana has not changed, spend a day at a local courthouse. Those with marijuana charges get more years than sexual offenders. Also, you cannot prefile a waiver before a petition denial.

OP never filed for a I-130 that a denial allows for waiver. You cannot file a waiver with fiancé petition.

I said view has changed. And the fact that marijuana offenses get more time than other more genius acts is the reason that the USA view is changing especially since some states are legalizing it. The waiver is discretionary in nature which means subjective. If you look on the very instruction document, it lists who can file and k1 is eligible because k1 will be presumed to adjust status. But the waiver is only good if the marriage takes place.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I said view has changed. And the fact that marijuana offenses get more time than other more genius acts is the reason that the USA view is changing especially since some states are legalizing it. The waiver is discretionary in nature which means subjective. If you look on the very instruction document, it lists who can file and k1 is eligible because k1 will be presumed to adjust status. But the waiver is only good if the marriage takes place.

That is state law not federal law, and marijuana or drug offenses in relation to immigration are decided based on federal laws.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

A state's legal position on drug use has nothing to do with immigration law, which is in the domain of the federal government. It's illegal there and will most likely remain that way. If the federal government wanted to, they could enforce the federal laws within those states where it is legal, rendering it's current legality in that state null and void. The OP has a slim to none chance of getting the husband in this country, but she has options abroad. As a dual citizen, the daughter also has a right to see her father, and the mother has a visa to enter if she maintains it. I suggest she do that, before that is allowed to lapse and chances become even further complicated. Humanitarian reasons are also not strong enough.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I think the reason for the recent confusing posts is that the whole thread has not been read,

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all for all of your advice. I have not responded because I kept getting bad news and it has been brining me down.

Final 2 questions:

1. My spouse due to all the rejections from the US has pretty much lost all hope and desire to come to the US now and now that I have been granted this uk spouse visa he pretty much wants me to come live in the uk forever!! Now that's a pretty hard pill for me to swallow.

I know I could handle a few years but forever is harsh!! So if you guys had to move forever what would you do??

2. Sorry one last thing: does anyone know of something called parole in place? It's for those that are in the military and come here illegally. Does anyone know if my husband would be granted parole in place? (Maybe I should ask this question in the military section)

Thank you all for all of your advice. I have not responded because I kept getting bad news and it has been brining me down.

Final 2 questions:

1. My spouse due to all the rejections from the US has pretty much lost all hope and desire to come to the US now and now that I have been granted this uk spouse visa he pretty much wants me to come live in the uk forever!! Now that's a pretty hard pill for me to swallow.

I know I could handle a few years but forever is harsh!! So if you guys had to move forever what would you do??

2. Sorry one last thing: does anyone know of something called parole in place? It's for those that are in the military and come here illegally. Does anyone know if my husband would be granted parole in place? (Maybe I should ask this question in the military section)

I would move forever if i financially could if the love was there. Englands a great country. If its a hardship and ordeal I wouldnt. Child or no child. You can send you child for visits in the summer if you choose to.

I dont know the second sorry :

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.