1 post in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Timeline

Father received letter from NVC with my Case and invoice number.

It says to go on their website:1) choose agent,
2)pay fees,
3)submit visa application form,
4)collect financial documents,

5)collect supporting documents

6)submit it to the NVC.

Also in that letter is Affidavit of support fee invoice, document cover sheet and how to contact NVC.
So, my questions:
1.) Even though he received letter, should I do this "choose agent" part AKA DS-261 as I understood, because I read on their website that I should do that and put my father/petitioner as agent?
2.) Submit visa application form is DS-260, right? I have to wait 15 days to process DS-261 and another 5 to process fee payments? But under "Document Cover Sheet" part of letter, on bottom of page is says"If you have not submitted DS-260, do it now", so should I wait for father to finish first 2 steps or do it now?
3.) Collect financial and supporting documents I send back to NVC with "Document Cover Sheet"? On that part I have to mark checkbox for "enclosed", "unavailable" and "not applicable". Similar to this: http://i.imgur.com/xJbceri.jpg
3.a.)Affidavit of support: There is one paper in letter that says "Affidavit of Support Fee Invoice" with NVC case number, Invoice Number and price of fee and instructions how to pay this fee. So when he pays this fee, will he get from that website original Affidavit of support to send them?
3.b)Photocopies of supporting documents": Are these mine documents or his? As it says in one of checkboxes"petitioner documents I presume by these supporting document they mean mine? It says photocopies, so I can just take it to someone with scanner and send him by email? I don't have to send him certified copies and original by mail? I hope so because from Bosnia it takes almost 2 months.
3.c)Petitioner documents are? Photocopy of his passport, Naturalization proof etc?
3.d)Under Financial documents it says "Proof of relationship", which is? I read somewhere that I may need these documents(fathers) on interview as well? If yes, can he make photocopies of them and send me by email so I print them?

I already collected all my documents it says on Document Cover Sheet and I will bring originals with me to interview of course.
Anyone have somthing to add or this or know what next step will be, like when and will I get letter from embassy in Bosnia.
I think I asked everything I wasn't sure of. It was quite a write, and it is quite a read. Thanks! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.