vbtwo

I-751 May 2016 Filers

1,738 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, BlueDevil said:

I'd be a little ticked off with my lawyer if they gave me this advice.  It is always wise to send everything that you might have as evidence in your packet.  Better to send more than less, especially when it comes to crucial things like financial documents like bank statements.  This is especially since you had the statements on hand and it's not like you didn't have the evidence to submit.

Anyways, a little too late now.  All you can do is hope that they find the evidence you have turned in satisfactory and that they approve your case.  Worst case scenario, you will get an RFE for the bank statements, which you can them submit at that time.  I would not try to send in anything right now as that might just cause more confusion.

Im so pissed that he never adviced me to submit our bank statements too . he told me you don't need to you have enough evidences i took to his office a tons if documents that we saved through this two years 

- 2 years of car Insurance with both names 

- Our Health care , 3 years of joint tax. 2 years of return , electric , gas , cable bills , letters from neighbors , pictures about 30 pictures 

Invitations for weddings , letters we receive from my in laws in holidays 

A copy of 1 month of bank statements saving and checking i included 

3 hours ago, Alexs said:

Im so pissed that he never adviced me to submit our bank statements too . he told me you don't need to you have enough evidences i took to his office a tons if documents that we saved through this two years 

- 2 years of car Insurance with both names 

- Our Health care , 3 years of joint tax. 2 years of return , electric , gas , cable bills , letters from neighbors , pictures about 30 pictures 

Invitations for weddings , letters we receive from my in laws in holidays 

A copy of 1 month of bank statements saving and checking i included 

my 2 cents.

I used a lawyer for my initial I-485/I-130 case due to my busy schedule of work/school. He just told me to fill out forms and told me we will have an interview. He never emphasized about joint documents, insurance etc, but anyway we had 1 joint bank (2 months statements), some pics, and 1 comcast bill with adding my wife name. That's all I had for interview. We were only married for 4 months. I asked him if I needed more, he said don't worry you will be fine. I still remember that smile. When we went for interview, the IO laughed at us and asked that's all you have? We said yes. And then he started grilling us and after months I received Notice of Intent to Deny (much harsher than RFE). I went back to lawyer then he said oops I can't help you anymore (it's too complicated). I really wish I had done some research before I applied or even before interview. 

And my lawyer was a pretty high rated one but I forgot he had like 200-300 cases like ours. So think how much time would he had spent on me? 1-2 hours?  so the bottom line is, nobody knows your case better than you.

I'm not discouraging to hire a lawyer but do some homework from your end as well. Think what a couple could have when they get married and live together? 

That is why I'm so grateful to online community like VJ and it's senior members like CookieCat, Pitya, T-Bone, Cheezes etc. 

I feel like it's not about only this I-751 process, but you learn so much when you do it yourself. 

We're all stories in the end; just make it a good one, eh? (Doctor Who) 

Edited by mycase17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Still waiting, no news over here...Did anyone else call them to see if they moved past May 14th?

I'm the Beneficiary
N400 April 2017 fillers: https://goo.gl/cp2Uxz
Support group for Romanian-American couples--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/520291304693940/

Filed: Timeline
On 1/7/2017 at 5:42 PM, Journey_Man said:

Today I received a call from 646-822-0457 number and a person with accent was saying he is an USCIS immigration officer ,and he was following up my call to USCIS last week. He was asking me to wait for 4-5 months more and saying my case is ok. Just have to wait. The number doesn't seem a gov office number and it was Saturday he called at. 

He just asked my last name, my attorney's address ( who is legal representative) and my DOB.

Any body else has he same experience?

It might be them, since the USCIS call center is contractor .

I got call back once too, but it's from their 800 number.  Before they start any conversation , they are required to report their agent number and  name. Did you take down his name and number ? Did you filed at CSC back in May? i dont know why he told you that your case is ok but need to wait for another 4-5 months, which would be over a year since you filed your case.

I'd call their 800 number to confirm .  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, cazzers said:

Still waiting, no news over here...Did anyone else call them to see if they moved past May 14th?

I checked their website this morning, and it said they were still working on May 14th dates... so we will be waiting quite some time, it seems. They received my docs June 3, 2016.

Applied for Naturalization based on 3-year Residency 

July 05, 2017 (Day 00) -  Submitted N400 Application, filed via USPS to Phoenix Lockbox

July 10, 2017 (Day 05) - NOA received

July 12, 2017 (Day 07) -  Check is cashed by USCIS

July 19, 2017 (Day 14) - Biometrics appointment letter mailed

August 02, 2017 (Day 28) - Biometrics appointment at Seattle Field Office

August 28, 2017 (Day 54) - Case is "in line" for an interview"

August 28, 2018 (Day 419) - Interview is scheduled

October 4, 2018 (Day 462) - Citizenship Interview AND Oath (offered same day oath by ISO in Seattle, WA)

Officially a U.S. Citizen - Proud to be an American

52 minutes ago, mycase17 said:

my 2 cents.

I used a lawyer for my initial I-485/I-130 case due to my busy schedule of work/school. He just told me to fill out forms and told me we will have an interview. He never emphasized about joint documents, insurance etc, but anyway we had 1 joint bank (2 months statements), some pics, and 1 comcast bill with adding my wife name. That's all I had for interview. We were only married for 4 months. I asked him if I needed more, he said don't worry you will be fine. I still remember that smile. When we went for interview, the IO laughed at us and asked that's all you have? We said yes. And then he started grilling us and after months I received Notice of Intent to Deny (much harsher than RFE). I went back to lawyer then he said oops I can't help you anymore (it's too complicated). I really wish I had done some research before I applied or even before interview. 

And my lawyer was a pretty high rated one but I forgot he had like 200-300 cases like ours. So think how much time would he had spent on me? 1-2 hours?  so the bottom line is, nobody knows your case better than you.

I'm not discouraging to hire a lawyer but do some homework from your end as well. Think what a couple could have when they get married and live together? 

That is why I'm so grateful to online community like VJ and it's senior members like CookieCat, Pitya, T-Bone, Cheezes etc. 

I feel like it's not about only this I-751 process, but you learn so much when you do it yourself. 

We're all stories in the end; just make it a good one, eh? (Doctor Who) 

I wish i knew bank statements are required. . im really upset. Im just hoping i dont receive any rfe . i just submitted most recent one for checking and saving when we applied . i remember i asked him and he said no you don't need no bank statements you have planty of evidence and he didnt even ask me to submit affidavits too 

My status now changed to card mailed (before it was Card production). Do you know how to get the USPS tracking? It doesn't show on the site...

"On January 9, 2017, we mailed your new card for Receipt Number WAC***, to the address you gave us. If you do not receive your card by February 8, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we send your new card to you. "

On 1/7/2017 at 8:42 PM, Journey_Man said:

Today I received a call from 646-822-0457 number and a person with accent was saying he is an USCIS immigration officer ,and he was following up my call to USCIS last week. He was asking me to wait for 4-5 months more and saying my case is ok. Just have to wait. The number doesn't seem a gov office number and it was Saturday he called at. 

He just asked my last name, my attorney's address ( who is legal representative) and my DOB.

Any body else has he same experience?

I called on Jan 4th, and submit an inquired they told me that an officer was gonna call me, on Jan 7 I had a missed call from that same number, I returned the call but a machine says that the number is disconnected....... I'm going to submit a online inquired  

• (0 Days) 02/08/14---- I485, I130, I765 Sent
  • (2 Days) 02/10/14 ---- USPS.COM package deliver
  • (12 Days) 02/19/14 ---- NOA Received for all apps
  • (20 Days) 02/27/14 ---- NOA1 Biometrics app for I485, I765 Appointment for 03/13/14
  • (21 Days) 02/28/14 ---- Successful walk in for biometrics at local UCIS Miami --- Same day license renew
  • (48 Days) 03/27/14 ----- Driver License arrived
  • (54 Days) 04/02/14 ----- Status change online for I485 "testing Interview"
  • (61 Days) 04/09/14 ----- Called UCIS to expedite my I765
  • (62 Days) 04/10/14 ----- Meet with my congressman asking him to call on my behalf to expedite my I765
  • (63 Days) 04/11/14 ----- Email recieved from USCIS Requesting proof of financial hardship and job offer FAX SENT @16:02 04/11/14
  • (68 Days) 04/16/14 ----- EAD Status change to "CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION" :dance: :dance: :dance: ----- notification Via E-mail and Txt
  • (73 days) 04-21-14 ----- As per USCIS Email EAD was Mailed today Tracking number ETA 4/23 As per USPS.com
  • (76 days) 04-24-14 ----- EAD arrived a day later than the USPS estimate, I went to SSA to apply
  • (83 Days) 05-01-14 ----- SSC Arrived AND THE NUMBER IS 123-45-6789 ....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • (95 Days) 05-13-14 ----- I485 interview date sent for June 16, 2014
  • (134 DAYS) 05-16-14 ------ INTERVIEW DAY........ OUTCOME IO SAY THEY WILL MAKE A DECISION IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS
  • (143 DAYS)06-25-14 ------ - E-MAIL & TXT RECEIVED FROM USCIS STATUS CHANGE FOR CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION THANK GOD....!!!!!!
  • (145 DAYS)06-27-14 ----- GC ARRIVED TODAY IN THE MAIL........

I-751 Process Start

• 05-02---- I-751 Sent
  • 05-04 ---- Package arrived as per USPS Online
  • 05-10----- Proof of delivery confirmation arrived USPS
  • 05-16 ---- NOA1 Received
  • 06-13 ----- biometrics done

I need to submit an Online inquired about my case, but since last week everytime I try to click on the " Submit an online request about your case" link it seeing like that page is down...... Any ideas please!!!!!

• (20 Days) 02/27/14 ---- NOA1 Biometrics app for I485, I765 Appointment for 03/13/14
  • (21 Days) 02/28/14 ---- Successful walk in for biometrics at local UCIS Miami --- Same day license renew
  • (62 Days) 04/10/14 ----- Meet with my congressman asking him to call on my behalf to expedite my I765
  • (63 Days) 04/11/14 ----- Email recieved from USCIS Requesting proof of financial hardship and job offer FAX SENT @16:02 04/11/14
  • (68 Days) 04/16/14 ----- EAD Status change to "CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION" :dance: :dance: :dance: ----- notification Via E-mail and Txt
  • (73 days) 04-21-14 ----- As per USCIS Email EAD was Mailed today Tracking number ETA 4/23 As per USPS.com
  • (76 days) 04-24-14 ----- EAD arrived a day later than the USPS estimate, I went to SSA to apply
  • (83 Days) 05-01-14 ----- SSC Arrived AND THE NUMBER IS 123-45-6789 ....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  • (134 DAYS) 05-16-14 ------ INTERVIEW DAY........ OUTCOME IO SAY THEY WILL MAKE A DECISION IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS
  • (143 DAYS)06-25-14 ------ - E-MAIL & TXT RECEIVED FROM USCIS STATUS CHANGE FOR CARD/DOCUMENT PRODUCTION THANK GOD....!!!!!!

I-751 Process Start

• 05-02---- I-751 Sent

1 hour ago, smrodriguez said:

May 4th filer here....still waiting :(

Mine 5th still waiting too!!!!!!!

I-751 Process Start

• 05-02---- I-751 Sent

2 hours ago, ximege said:

It might be them, since the USCIS call center is contractor .

I got call back once too, but it's from their 800 number.  Before they start any conversation , they are required to report their agent number and  name. Did you take down his name and number ? Did you filed at CSC back in May? i dont know why he told you that your case is ok but need to wait for another 4-5 months, which would be over a year since you filed your case.

I'd call their 800 number to confirm . 

He actually knows all the information about my case. It seems legitimate. Not even asked for my case number. I can't remember if he told his agent number or not. A bit frustrated to wait endlessly. I saw some of the divorce waiver cases filed on Nov/Dec of 2015 got approved Dec/2016 in CSC. Why keeping things in limbo ? Got all the evidences. Make a decision. If no enough evidences, send RFE notice or interview. But let us know where it is and make a decision. What does actually make them delay to decide ? They are used to look over cases after case.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.