MandD03

K-1 VISA DS-160 help

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! While waiting for our NVC#, I decided to initially fill-up the ds-160 form online and I have a couple of questions/concerns that I hope you guys can help me with :)

1. Application Receipt/petition number? -is this the number found in the NOA2 letter or is this the NVC # which I have yet to receive?

2. "Has anyone ever filed an Immigrant Petition on your behalf with the USCIS?" just to clear this one out, does it include the k-1 visa or is it asking if there were any petitions filed prior to that?

3. "Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the US? - are half siblings considered as "immediate" relatives? Should I include my half siblings' names?

4. "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with the US Law?" - what shall I place here since I will get vaccinated during the medical at St. lukes.

Thank you guys in advance! :)

Hi everyone! While waiting for our NVC#, I decided to initially fill-up the ds-160 form online and I have a couple of questions/concerns that I hope you guys can help me with :)

1. Application Receipt/petition number? -is this the number found in the NOA2 letter or is this the NVC # which I have yet to receive? This is your MNL#

2. "Has anyone ever filed an Immigrant Petition on your behalf with the USCIS?" just to clear this one out, does it include the k-1 visa or is it asking if there were any petitions filed prior to that? Has another person (past BF, fiance or family member) filed a petition for a visa for you?

3. "Do you have any immediate relatives, not including parents, in the US? - are half siblings considered as "immediate" relatives? Should I include my half siblings' names? Half brothers or sisters are immediate siblings and should be listed

4. "Do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with the US Law?" - what shall I place here since I will get vaccinated during the medical at St. lukes. Since you will be getting your vaccinations through SLEC then answer with "yes".

Thank you guys in advance! :)

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Thank you! You've been a great help, Greenbaum :)

MNL# .. be patient, wait for NVC to kick loose with it

Thank you for the reply! :) waiting for our MNL# hopefully they'll be able to provide it within the week :)

Timeline

2. "Has anyone ever filed an Immigrant Petition on your behalf with the USCIS?" just to clear this one out, does it include the k-1 visa or is it asking if there were any petitions filed prior to that? Has another person (past BF, fiance or family member) filed a petition for a visa for you?

A bit confused on this one as well. We're on our second K-1 petition (which was approved and recently assigned a Case #), first one was refused. Same petitioner. Should we answer 'Yes' to this question, even though K-1 fiancé(e) visas are considered "non-immigrant"?

Thanks

A bit confused on this one as well. We're on our second K-1 petition (which was approved and recently assigned a Case #), first one was refused. Same petitioner. Should we answer 'Yes' to this question, even though K-1 fiancé(e) visas are considered "non-immigrant"?

Thanks

List all visa applications that you have submitted prior to this current one. Does not matter whether approved or declined. Must list all.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

List all visa applications that you have submitted prior to this current one. Does not matter whether approved or declined. Must list all.

Drats. We submitted the DS-160 about an hour before coming across this post. We answered "no" on the premise that K-1 is a non-immigrant visa and the question asks about prior immigrant visas. We did, however, answer 'yes' to the prior question, if we've ever had a visa refused, because our first petition resulted in refused visas, so the information on the 'prior' filing is in essence provided by this question. Do you think it's worth doing a new DS-160 to change our 'no' answer to the prior immigrant petition?

Drats. We submitted the DS-160 about an hour before coming across this post. We answered "no" on the premise that K-1 is a non-immigrant visa and the question asks about prior immigrant visas. We did, however, answer 'yes' to the prior question, if we've ever had a visa refused, because our first petition resulted in refused visas, so the information on the 'prior' filing is in essence provided by this question. Do you think it's worth doing a new DS-160 to change our 'no' answer to the prior immigrant petition?

I would say yes to that questioN, since they would have records of the origial submission on file in their computer system so it's best to come clean if you know what I mean.

Do a new one and throw the other one away and print the confirmation page to bring to the interview .

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks

The honest answer is NO if you never filed an IMMIGRANT petition before. Keep it honest... always. Answering YES would be incorrect if it was a K-1 visa

Don't worry on it too much, you answered YES to the next question which shows the CO you are being honest.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I would say yes to that questioN, since they would have records of the origial submission on file in their computer system so it's best to come clean if you know what I mean.

Do a new one and throw the other one away and print the confirmation page to bring to the interview .

I totally understand where you're coming from--better to give information that isn't needed, than to not give information that is. Even so, in my thinking, the other question, "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa..." addresses the issue of previous non-immigrant petitions and thus, the question, "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf..." is specifically addressing immigrant petitions (?). The replies and counter-replies have really helped me to get the deeper understanding and meaning of the questions. I think and hope I have reached the correct conclusion. In any case, thank you so much for your help.

Timeline

The honest answer is NO if you never filed an IMMIGRANT petition before. Keep it honest... always. Answering YES would be incorrect if it was a K-1 visa

Don't worry on it too much, you answered YES to the next question which shows the CO you are being honest.

Thank you! Your response confirms my own thinking-- the other question, "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa..." addresses the issue of previous non-immigrant petitions while the question, "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf..." is specifically addressing immigrant petitions. Between the two questions, both immigrant and non-immigrant petitions are covered. The confusion came in because I'm aware that the CEAC website (case status) puts K-1 cases under the Immigrant category, so I was not certain they weren't doing the same with this question, but I think I got it figured out and your confirmation was pivotal. :)

Edited by prindell

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you! Your response confirms my own thinking-- the other question, "Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa..." addresses the issue of previous non-immigrant petitions while the question, "Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf..." is specifically addressing immigrant petitions. Between the two questions, both immigrant and non-immigrant petitions are covered. The confusion came in because I'm aware that the CEAC website (case status) puts K-1 cases under the Immigrant category, so I was not certain they weren't doing the same with this question, but I think I got it figured out and your confirmation was pivotal. :)

They do try to make things confusing with the K-1, like said it is a non-immigrant visa that in many ways is processed as an immigrant visa, can make a person dizzy. ;)

As many of us were trained not to do - NEVER ASSUME .... as it only makes an _ _ _ out of U & ME

Ya we will ya on this adventure over a beer one day... :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.