foxj2

some question to work at USA

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everybody,

I am a Spanish highly educated executive with 15 years of experience that want to work at USA but I have some doubts about the procedure, I hope someone could advise me.

I have been looking for the visa that best fits my profile and I think that H1b temporal visa is one option, and EB2 permanent one is the other option.

But in order to obtain any of them I need a job offer first, so, the employer ask on my behalf for the permission.

So my question is: what should I do first? Look for a job or try to get a visa?

Assuming answer is look for a job, that really means look for a sponsor, how realistic is to really get that someone “wait for you” and “make all the paperwork” for you instead hire a visa holder person.

Finally my question would be, do you think is better or not to hire a immigrant attorney?

Thank you very much, any extra advice or suggestion will be very welcome

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My personal favourite is to get a transfer to the US operation with an existing employer.

If you are looking for a new job then yes you need an offer from an Employer who will sponsor you.

You do not need a Lawyer, the Employer handles that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hi everybody,

I am a Spanish highly educated executive with 15 years of experience that want to work at USA but I have some doubts about the procedure, I hope someone could advise me.

I have been looking for the visa that best fits my profile and I think that H1b temporal visa is one option, and EB2 permanent one is the other option.

But in order to obtain any of them I need a job offer first, so, the employer ask on my behalf for the permission.

Assuming answer is look for a job, that really means look for a sponsor, how realistic is to really get that someone “wait for you” and “make all the paperwork” for you instead hire a visa holder person.

Finally my question would be, do you think is better or not to hire a immigrant attorney?

For an H1B visa, you generally send out your resume to a company that would sponsor it. If they decide to hire you and sponsor you, you have maybe 30% chance of getting a visa given how competitive it is. Also most companies are looking for people with technical or specialty skills given the costs involved. In general if you are working with a good sponsor company, they should pay for all attorney and paperwork costs and your goal should only be to be a good match for the potential employer. If anyone tries to extract money out of you, be wary of that. Note that there is a time window for H1B visas which is around this time of the year so you may have missed it for this year. Also

Hi everybody,

what field do you specialize in ?

Thanks for your answer,

Should I understand that companies are able to make bigs effort to contract non green card holders if candidates fits their expectative? so, the path is to look for a job first, that really means, look for a sponsor?

answering your question. Sector: Biotechnology

thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Yes if you are experienced in biotech, and have a clear background in regards to security checks, then definitely look at employers. It is expensive for them to get a visa for you, and the H1B for this year is filled, so you;d be looking at next year,

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Thanks for your answer,

Should I understand that companies are able to make bigs effort to contract non green card holders if candidates fits their expectative? so, the path is to look for a job first, that really means, look for a sponsor?

answering your question. Sector: Biotechnology

thanks

I am in the same field - your best bet may is networking with companies and recruiters as much as you can. It is gonna be a long process, so start early! A lot of the biotech/pharma positions will not sponsor, but every now and then a specialized position might.

K1 time line

I-129F sent: 12/23/2014
NOA-1: 12/29/2014
NOA-2: 06/05/2015 (158 days)
NOA-2 hardcopy: 06/11/2015 (6 days post NOA-2, 164 days total)
Sent to NVC: 06/16/2015 (11 days post NOA-2, 169 days total)
NVC receive: 06/25/2015 (20 days post NOA-2, 178 days total)
NVC case no: 06/30/2015 (25 days post NOA-2, 183 days total)
NVC left: 07/02/2015 (27 days post NOA-2, 185 days total)
Case Ready: 07/07/2015 (32 days post NOA-2, 190 days total)
submitted DS-160, paid visa fee.: 07/21/2015 (46 days post NOA-2, 204 days total)
Packet 3 sent: 07/25/2015 (50 days post NOA-2, 209 days total)
Pack 4 received: 07/30/2015 (55 days post NOA-2, 214 days total)
Medical: 09/17/2015 Interview: 09/23/2015 (108 days post NOA-2, 268 days total)
Interview Result: Approved Administrative Processing: 09/23/2015
CEAC Status Issued: 09/24/2015
Visa in hand: 09/28/2015
POE: 12/29/2015 Wedding: 01/11/2016

AOS Time Line

AOS package mailed: 01/13/2016
AOS package received: 01/20/2016 (day 1)
AOS NOA-1 text/email: 01/23/2016 (day 3), actual NOA-1 date 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS Fingerprint fee received: 01/22/2016 (day 2)
AOS check cashed: 01-25-2016 (day 5) Got 6 month NJ driver's license: 01-25-2016
3x NOA-1 hardcopies: 02/03/2016 (day 14)

Biometrics letter: 02/05/2016 (day 16) Biometrics appt (Elizabeth, NJ): 02/17/2016 (day 28)

EAD and AP approved email/txt: 03/29/2016 (day 67)

GC approval email/text: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

I-797 for I-765/I-131 in mail: 04/04/2016 (day 74)

EAD/AP delivered: 04/05/216 (day 75)

GC card being mailed status update: 04/07/16 (day 77)

GC received: 04/11/16 (day 84 post AOS NOA-1)

DONE WITH USCIS FOR 21 MONTHS!

ROC Window opens: 01/04/2018

ROC Time Line
ROC package mailed to Vermont 01/04/2018
ROC package received at Vermont 01/08/2018 (day 0)
Check cashed: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
NOA-1 date: 01/09/2018 (day 1)
NOA-1 received: 01/16/2018 (day 8 )
Biometrics notice received: 02/09/2018 (day 32)
Biometrics appointment: 02/23/2018 (day 46)
Received 18-month extension letter: 08/13/2018 (day 209)
ROC Approved: 03/09/2019 (day 425)
Card Received: 03/16/2019  (day 432)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

You can't try to get a visa without finding employer first, so there's your answer. Yes, there are companies that would bring people in on H-1B visas - enough of them that H-1Bs routinely reach the cap. Just need to have good qualifications and experience and find an employer. Your prospective employer would hire an attorney.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.