Christyarrrr

NVC checklist

19 posts in this topic

Today marked my 30 days, and we received a checklist :(

However, I know the documents they requested were in the packet I sent. I went ahead and emailed them at the "contact us" link that was included in the email. I do plan on calling the office as soon as it opens. However, that is a few hours from now, and I feel like going to DHL to send the requested documents anyway just in case.

I know it said it could take up to an additional 30 days for a response, but I'm here looking to see if anyone had a different experience. It's just disheartening to have to wait more when I know I quadruple checked that packet before sending it off.

1-130 Sent (not express): 19/01/2015
1-130 NOA1: 12/02/2015
1-130 NOA2: 06/07/2015 from Nebraska
NVC received : 20/07/2015

Due to employment opportunities, we stalled our process for a bit.

1st scan date: 01/03/2016

Received checklist: 31/31/2016 FOR DOCUMENTS THEY HAD :ranting::ranting::ranting:

2nd date: 04/04/2016

NVC CC: 05/04/2016

If you already have the checklist with the barcoded cover sheet then you can go to Dhl straight away and send the documents off.

I had the same issue although I never got a checklist. It was for the photographs on the cover sheet. I accidentally ticked they wasn't applicable then realised they might have been talking about the passport pictures so I added them. Once my case was complete they said that they never got the passport pictures ?

Oh well it didn't get me a checklist and I got my interview next week.

Just wanted to follow up in case someone else comes across this issue. After searching, I did find that this information is already within VJ, but hey, here it goes again.

I sent off the "missing" documents before I even called just to make sure. Just spoke to a representative---I asked if there was a procedure to double check that the person who reviewed my file didn't make a mistake. She told me that there was not, and said to just resend the paperwork. She then told me it will take up to 30 days and that they will send me an email once it's been reviewed again.

*siggggh* resetting the countdown clock again.

I do have a theory though. One of the documents requested was my husband's military records. It was in different language with absolutely no English. I did staple a translation to it. However, in order to translate every word, line for line to look like the original document, the title that says "Certificate of Military Service" is a ways down from the top of the page. I can see how that might cause confusions, so maybe the person reviewing my file didn't read far down enough? It's just a theory though...

Received checklist: 31/31/2016 FOR DOCUMENTS THEY HAD :ranting::ranting::ranting:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I'm in a somewhat similar boat. I was check listed for items that I know were in the original package I sent them. I checked over everything 10 times before actually mailing it off. I even put tabs at the bottom labeling everything....just like they said!

I called and spoke with 3-4 different people and they all said the same thing. I finally spoke with a supervisor and she confirmed 2 items should not have been check listed and put a note in the system stating that. As for the other 2 items, I continued to insist (very politely) that I did send them in the original package. She's sent my case to be reviewed again. I'm on day 15 since that happened and no updates. :( I did FedEx overnight the "missing" documents to them again. It was delivered on the 18th but it wasn't scanned into their system until the 22nd so i'm waiting to see if the supervisor review happens first or the documents i sent them get reviewed first.

I've been married now for a little over 9 months and have only been with my husband 21 days. :cry::crying:

N-400/Citizenship process:

Applied online: 9/06/2020

NOA1 received: 9/07/2020

Biometric: reuse letter received 1/19/2021

Interview: 5/12/2021 - APPROVED!!! 😃

Oath Ceremony: 6/04/2021

----------------------------

ROC process:

Mailed I-751 petition package: 4/6/2018

USPS delivered I-751: 4/9/2018

Check cashed: 5/24/2018

NOA received: 5/26/2018

Biometric letter received: 3/1/2019; Biometric Appt: 3/11/2019

Case Transfer letter received: 3/11/2019

Online Status changes: Card being produced- 5/24/2019; case is approved - 5/28/2019; Card is mailed - 5/29/2019; USPS picked up for delivery - 5/30/2019 (ETA 6/1/2019)

Approval letter received: 5/31/2019 showing approval date of 5/24/2019

Card received: 6/1/2019

------------------------------

Married life begins! June 25, 2015 (L)

I-130 Petition Process:

FedEx overnight I-130: July 15, 2015

NOA1 hardcopy received: July 24, 2015 (PD July 16, 2015);  NOA2 hard copy received: January 16, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: January 25, 2016

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: February 1, 2016 :dance:

Case Complete: April 27, 2016 :dance:(286 days from NOA1)

Received Interview Date: May 9, 2016 :dancing:  Received Interview/Appointment Letter via email: May 10, 2016

Embassy Process:

Medical Exam: May 24, 2016;  Fingerprinting: June 16, 2016

Interview: June 17, 2016 (337 days from NOA1) - APPROVED!!!!! :dancing: :dance: :yes: :lol: B-)

Notification of Passport/Visa ready for pick up: June 21, 2016;  Visa in hand: June 22, 2016

POE (DFW): July 4, 2016; SS Card received: July 14, 2016; Green Card received: September 8, 2016

Applied for corrected GC: October 7, 2016; Corrected GC approved: December 16, 2017;  Corrected GC Received: December 22, 2017

LinJoe, thanks for the reply! I hope it works out in favor for you and that you can be reunited with your hubby soon!

I understand that there are tons of people and this is the procedure they must follow where we have to wait the 30 days again...it's just bothers me soo much that the mistake was made on their end, yet we have to wait. In my case, they said I failed to include my husband's passport. Everything else is good to go. I, like you, I labeled everything. Checked my packet countless times. Then I had my husband double check it. ARRGH.

Good luck you anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

LinJoe, thanks for the reply! I hope it works out in favor for you and that you can be reunited with your hubby soon!

I understand that there are tons of people and this is the procedure they must follow where we have to wait the 30 days again...it's just bothers me soo much that the mistake was made on their end, yet we have to wait. In my case, they said I failed to include my husband's passport. Everything else is good to go. I, like you, I labeled everything. Checked my packet countless times. Then I had my husband double check it. ARRGH.

Good luck you anyway.

That's what upset me too. However, sitting and being upset only causes gray hairs and wrinkles so nothing we can do except resend the documents and continue calling them for updates. I call almost everyday. I don't know if the supervisor review will happen first or the documents I sent be reviewed first. either way, I'm hoping to know something by end of next week. This week would be better.

One day we will look back on this and wonder how we made it through and be thankful it's all behind us.

Good luck on your journey!

N-400/Citizenship process:

Applied online: 9/06/2020

NOA1 received: 9/07/2020

Biometric: reuse letter received 1/19/2021

Interview: 5/12/2021 - APPROVED!!! 😃

Oath Ceremony: 6/04/2021

----------------------------

ROC process:

Mailed I-751 petition package: 4/6/2018

USPS delivered I-751: 4/9/2018

Check cashed: 5/24/2018

NOA received: 5/26/2018

Biometric letter received: 3/1/2019; Biometric Appt: 3/11/2019

Case Transfer letter received: 3/11/2019

Online Status changes: Card being produced- 5/24/2019; case is approved - 5/28/2019; Card is mailed - 5/29/2019; USPS picked up for delivery - 5/30/2019 (ETA 6/1/2019)

Approval letter received: 5/31/2019 showing approval date of 5/24/2019

Card received: 6/1/2019

------------------------------

Married life begins! June 25, 2015 (L)

I-130 Petition Process:

FedEx overnight I-130: July 15, 2015

NOA1 hardcopy received: July 24, 2015 (PD July 16, 2015);  NOA2 hard copy received: January 16, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: January 25, 2016

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: February 1, 2016 :dance:

Case Complete: April 27, 2016 :dance:(286 days from NOA1)

Received Interview Date: May 9, 2016 :dancing:  Received Interview/Appointment Letter via email: May 10, 2016

Embassy Process:

Medical Exam: May 24, 2016;  Fingerprinting: June 16, 2016

Interview: June 17, 2016 (337 days from NOA1) - APPROVED!!!!! :dancing: :dance: :yes: :lol: B-)

Notification of Passport/Visa ready for pick up: June 21, 2016;  Visa in hand: June 22, 2016

POE (DFW): July 4, 2016; SS Card received: July 14, 2016; Green Card received: September 8, 2016

Applied for corrected GC: October 7, 2016; Corrected GC approved: December 16, 2017;  Corrected GC Received: December 22, 2017

• 8 months later...

I'm in a somewhat similar boat. I was check listed for items that I know were in the original package I sent them. I checked over everything 10 times before actually mailing it off. I even put tabs at the bottom labeling everything....just like they said!

I called and spoke with 3-4 different people and they all said the same thing. I finally spoke with a supervisor and she confirmed 2 items should not have been check listed and put a note in the system stating that. As for the other 2 items, I continued to insist (very politely) that I did send them in the original package. She's sent my case to be reviewed again. I'm on day 15 since that happened and no updates. :( I did FedEx overnight the "missing" documents to them again. It was delivered on the 18th but it wasn't scanned into their system until the 22nd so i'm waiting to see if the supervisor review happens first or the documents i sent them get reviewed first.

I've been married now for a little over 9 months and have only been with my husband 21 days. :cry::crying:

LinJoe, thanks for your post and timeline it gives me some idea of what I can expect.

At 6 weeks with the NVC, on 5 Dec 2016, my case went to Supervisor Review after my lawyer called the NVC, and then today 9 Dec I received a checklist email requesting Australian Police Clearance for my wife and I, but that is in error because we were in Aus for 10 months (March to December 2001).

I've asked the lawyer to call again, but just in case, and to get a head start, I have also applied for Aus Police Certificates online.

post-248082-0-92945700-1481287644_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1004ron

My wife and I Naturalized in 2022

Processing an I-130 for my Korean Stepson who is older than 21 and not married

Received Date 01/26/2023
Priority Date 01/26/2023

California Service Center

Current status: Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

LinJoe, thanks for your post and timeline it gives me some idea of what I can expect.

At 6 weeks with the NVC, on 5 Dec 2016, my case went to Supervisor Review after my lawyer called the NVC, and then today 9 Dec I received a checklist email requesting Australian Police Clearance for my wife and I, but that is in error because we were in Aus for 10 months (March to December 2001).

I've asked the lawyer to call again, but just in case, and to get a head start, I have also applied for Aus Police Certificates online.

1004ron, I am also an Eb3 applicant and after 15 weeks of waiting for documents to be reviewed in NVC we also got checklist for police certificates for both cambodia and canada. Anyway RFE received and was scanned December 14. They say they have up to 6 weeks to review again. Any news from NVC in your case? Thanks

1004ron, I am also an Eb3 applicant and after 15 weeks of waiting for documents to be reviewed in NVC we also got checklist for police certificates for both cambodia and canada. Anyway RFE received and was scanned December 14. They say they have up to 6 weeks to review again. Any news from NVC in your case? Thanks

Hi,

No news on my case yet.

The NVC call centre informed my lawyer that the lack of the Aus Police Clearance should not hold up the processing, and we should either have it sent directly to the Consulate, or take it with us when we go for the interview.

It bothers me more that the state.gov web site says we do not need Aus Police Clearance, seeing as we don't currently stay there, and in the past (2001) we only spent 10 months there.

End of last week my petitioner/employer, with the assistance of the lawyer, sent a request for assistance to the KY senator - I've read many reports that this can help.

Edited by 1004ron

Received Date 01/26/2023
Priority Date 01/26/2023

Current status: Your case is taking longer than expected to process. You will be notified if you need to take any action.

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

100ron,

I hope you hear from NVC soon. In our case when we submitted documents we were only in our current country of residence for 3 months and didn't require a police clearance but because it took them 17 weeks to review my documents they sent RFE for police certificates. Well all we have to do is comply.

Anyways, I hope things would move faster after the holidays so we could be done with this waiting game and start moving on. Happy Holidays.

KitchieA

100ron,

I hope you hear from NVC soon. In our case when we submitted documents we were only in our current country of residence for 3 months and didn't require a police clearance but because it took them 17 weeks to review my documents they sent RFE for police certificates. Well all we have to do is comply.

Anyways, I hope things would move faster after the holidays so we could be done with this waiting game and start moving on. Happy Holidays.

KitchieA

I just got off the phone with the NVC, not expecting them to give any real detail on the progress, but they did confirm receipt of our checklist reply package, but gave me the standard response when asked about the forecast, "up to six weeks".

At 7 weeks my case went to Supervisor Review prompted by a call from my lawyer, and we were told to allow "up to six weeks", which turned out to be 4 working days, so here's hoping for the same.

Received Date 01/26/2023
Priority Date 01/26/2023

100ron,

KitchieA

My employer/petitioner, with the assistance of the lawyer submitted an application form requesting assistance from the Kentucky senator McConnell, and this afternoon we got word from the senator that the NVC has sent the package to the Consulate.

https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx

Status changed from "CURRENT PROCESSING SITE: NVC" to "CURRENT PROCESSING SITE: JOHANNESBURG"

I think I'll call the Consulate on Tuesday to find out when I can schedule our medicals and the earliest interview date.

Edited by 1004ron

Received Date 01/26/2023
Priority Date 01/26/2023

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KitchieA said:

100ron,

Thats really good news. Have they set an interview date for you? No news for me yet.

In my case the NVC did not set the interview date, they just rushed my case file to the Consulate.

My case file arrived at the Consulate on 28 Dec 2016, but only received attention yesterday due to the staff being off on their Christmas and New Year holidays - after talking to them yesterday they confirmed my appointment date, 21 Feb 2017, sent my appointment email.

I was hoping for an earlier appointment, but that's the earliest they could give me.

I'm still grateful that the Senator got the NVC to move it along, as who knows, I could still be waiting for them without an interview date.

Received Date 01/26/2023
Priority Date 01/26/2023

i, too, received a checklist (after waiting 8.5 weeks!) saying that i did not include my husband's birth certificate, which is ridiculous because i scanned the entire AOS/IV package and it was DEFINITELY in there with the legal translation.  (seems like the NVC loses peoples' documents rather easily...)

i called the NVC that day and i got through immediately and spoke with a very kind person who told me that they just did not receive it.  i told her i would send it in again immediately, but then she also reminded me that they would be closed on Monday (jan 2) so to wait a couple days, or else nobody could sign for it.  (seriously, the first kind worker i received on the phone!  i was very impressed).  

side note: she also told me that the birth cert did NOT need to be translated, since the interview would take place in taiwan, where the birth cert is from.  (this goes against what a lot of people have shared here on the forums, even though the packet instructions also indicate the same as what the lady told me - but i still heeded the warnings of VJ users and sent in a translation anyway.)

anyway, my question now that the document is back in their hands, is how much longer will the rest of the entire process take?  if we left immediately when he gets his visa/passport in hand?  another 3 months at least, if we don't run into anymore issues?  it'd be good to give my work a bit of a heads up - maybe not of when i will leave, but a "i will still be here for at least ______ more months" courtesy.

appreciate the help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.