Guille89

AOS Paid. When can I fill out IV Application DS-260?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hello. This question is in regard to the DS-260 application form for a CR-1 visa. I recently paid the AOS fee of $120.00 and status shows PAID now. The status for the IV Processing Fee shows as "Not Invoiced" and I can't seem to access the form to complete and pay the fee. Do I need to send AOS and IV packets first for the DS-260 to become available? That is what I understand from reading the guide in the following link http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/EZGuideSpouse , however, in other places, including the NOA2 from the NVC, it outlines the following steps:

1. Choose an agent (Done; DS-261 completed and submited)

2. Pay Fees (Only the AOS fee so far as it won't allow me to pay IV fee yet)

3. Submit visa application form (trying!)

4. Collect financial documents

5. Collect supporting documents

6. Submit documents to the NVC

So in there it's telling me to fill out the DS-260 before sending the documents. I'm confused :( at which point does the DS-260 become available?

Also, do I need to send proof of the relationship (pictures, e-mails, text messages) to the NVC? I already provided a mountain of evidence with the I-130 and my wife has another mountain prepared for the interview date, whenever that may be. Don't they pass that evidence on from USCIS to the NVC and from the NVC to the embassy later on?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

First off to "unlock" the IV fee you must complete the choice of agent. The AOS fee has no bearing on the IV. It is seperate. So once the choice of agent is complete, call NVC and see if you can have someone on the line review the DS-261 in order to go ahead and receive the IV invoice. I was in a similar situation a few days ago and I will complete the DS-260 today.

As for proof of relationship? No, you don't need to send any. The NVC processes civil documents, affidavits, etc. The relationship papers or anything related to such is for the interview.

Just a note: You can send the civil documents and affadavits before paying the IV fee or even submitting the DS-260. While they review it, wait for the fee to come up if it doesn't.

Pre Immigration:

Oct, 2010: Met my spouse!

May, 05/04/2014: Began dating!

Jan 01/01/2015: Engaged.

Jul 07/17/2015: Married!

USCIS CR-1/IR-1:
Dec 12/28/2015: Mailed I-130 (Chicago Lockbox)
Jan 01/04/2016: NOA 1 (California)
Jan 01/26/2016: NOA 2 (USCIS)
Feb: Sent to NVC.
TOTAL DAYS IN USCIS: 22 days.
NVC Stage
Feb 02/14/2016: NVC received case.
Feb 02/23/2016: NVC issued Case and Invoice #.
Feb 02/25/2016: Received Case & Invoice Number from NVC.
Feb 02/25/2016: Filled out and completed DS-261.
Feb 02/27/2016: Invoice fee to pay Affidavit of Support.
Mar 03/15/2016: Paid Affidavit of Support fee.
Mar 03/18/2016: Affidavit of Support fee paid status.
Mar 03/18/2016: Invoice to pay IV fee, Paid IV fee,
Mar 03/23/2016: Completed DS-260.
Mar 05/11/2016: Ceac Case shows ready and expedited to Rio(unknowingly)
May 05/31/2016: Sent in AOS & IV package.
May 05/31/2016: Case complete. Received Medical Letter and Interview scheduled for June 17th, 2016.
June 06/01/2016: Medical exam schedule for 06/15/2016.
June 06/17/2016: VISA APPROVED!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

BTW, just today the IV fee became available all on its own :D I was planning on calling the NVC about it just today but positive thinking must have done it hehe

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.