wizzie1980

221G experience (Administrative Processing)- Experience/Info Sharing

187 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

whats really messed up is the ceac for us still shows "ready" and not even in AP. but according to AIT and my congressman its in AP. Also, AIT must complete the AP process BEFORE transferring the case to Manila. So we have to wait for AIT and the transfer and manila to process/contact her. According to Manila the case has been marked as "Escalated" so hopefully when AIT is done manila gets the electronic and paper versions of the case and then bumps us to the front. According to my congressmans email last week, the reason for AP is not the name check, its that they need to do background check on Taiwan and Philippines. 90+ days in AP and counting..

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

We contacted the embassy for updates we have been in ap since dec 12 2017 and have sent all they asked .they sent us thus...

Thank you for your inquiry.
At this time, there is no new information.  The petition is being reviewed by Washington at this time and the standard wait time has been up to 120 days for reviews to be completed.  However, based on the current number of petitions worldwide that are being reviewed, we have been advised that the time frame has increased.  We have again requested a status update but cannot determine how long it will take for the review to be finished.

Sincerely,

Visa Unit

US CONSULATE GENERAL

LAGOS, NIGERIA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Angel3265 said:

Thank you everyone, my visa said issued today, God is good and prayers is our weapon in this journey.

IMG_2003.PNG

Congratulations   How u been in Ap

Edited by bukaldrinio

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, bukaldrinio said:

Congratulations   How u been in Ap

Thank you, I been on ap after my interview coz they ask me for my cenomar and I sent it to USEM last July 30 and they got it July 31, and just today it says issued.😊

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. My interview was Oct 1, Monday. I was given a piece of paper stating we have been currently refused under section 221g and that i need to send in an additional i-864 from a joint sponsor along with some documents (tax forms, etc). My husband's pay was more than sufficient as per the guidelines but I've read that they sometimes will ask for an additional i-864 from a joint sponsor (which is what happened to me).

From what I am reading on this thread, people got an email from the embassy with the 221g letter. It is Oct 3 and I have not received an email but the consul did hand me a letter that comes with a checklist of things I need to submit. My husband has mailed me the additional documents we need and I would very much like to send in my requirements via 2Go as soon as possible. I'm really hoping this process won't take too long as we were really looking forward to a reunion. If anyone has had a similar experience, I would appreciate reading about it. 👫

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
45 minutes ago, L_D_R said:

Hi guys. My interview was Oct 1, Monday. I was given a piece of paper stating we have been currently refused under section 221g and that i need to send in an additional i-864 from a joint sponsor along with some documents (tax forms, etc). << this is a 221g . My husband's pay was more than sufficient as per the guidelines but I've read that they sometimes will ask for an additional i-864 from a joint sponsor (which is what happened to me).

From what I am reading on this thread, people got an email from the embassy with the 221g letter. It is Oct 3 and I have not received an email but the consul did hand me a letter that comes with a checklist of things I need to submit. My husband has mailed me the additional documents we need and I would very much like to send in my requirements via 2Go as soon as possible. I'm really hoping this process won't take too long as we were really looking forward to a reunion. If anyone has had a similar experience, I would appreciate reading about it. 👫

The paper you were given is a 221g.   As for receiving a copy by email, have you checked your spam filter?

Apparently your husband's income did not meet the requirements of the poverty guidelines .. thus the 221g requesting the I-864 from a joint sponsor ++.

Gather the documents they requested,  get an original, signed, I-864 from a joint sponsor plus copies of his most recent tax return and W2 send all to the embassy per the instructions of the 221g, include the copy of the 221g when sending everything to the embassy.

(may want to make a copy for your records)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

55 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

The paper you were given is a 221g.   As for receiving a copy by email, have you checked your spam filter?

Apparently your husband's income did not meet the requirements of the poverty guidelines .. thus the 221g requesting the I-864 from a joint sponsor ++.

Gather the documents they requested,  get an original, signed, I-864 from a joint sponsor plus copies of his most recent tax return and W2 send all to the embassy per the instructions of the 221g, include the copy of the 221g when sending everything to the embassy.

(may want to make a copy for your records)

I also checked my spam and still no email. Anyway, the paper I was given had a part that said to mail it along with the other forms so I'm assuming I should be fine without the email.

The thing is, my husband's income was well past double of the poverty guidelines. I did hear of other people with the same situation where they did pass the minimum requirements and were still asked to get a joint sponsor. Anyway, I decided to just not question their decision since we had no trouble getting a joint sponsor anyway (she filled up the i-864 within a few hours after my interview).

We're just frustrated with the set back and really hoping processing won't take too long for us (I read it could take 60 days or more!?!😩). We're already losing so much time from mailing the I-864 from the US (even if it's express priority mail). I have digital copies of the missing documents (my husband scanned and emailed me copies before physically mailing the originals) and was considering printing them out and mailing them in already but I'm afraid they might want the i-864 to come with wet ink signatures and not just scanned copies.

They also requested for petitioner's birth certificate and evidence and citizenship and we decided to send in copies of both his birth cert and passport. Or do they require an original birth cert? They didn't really specify and we actually only have one original copy of his birth cert and we'd really like to hold on to it. Also, do I mail in my passport with all of these files? The instructions said something about my passport being mailed back to me with the stamp once approved and since I have my passport with me, I'm assuming that means I am to send the passport in, as well.

I'm so sorry this is so long but I have soooo many questions. I think I was so tense on interview day especially after they gave me the 221g that I missed much of the instructions. 😓😓😓

Timeline
47 minutes ago, L_D_R said:

I also checked my spam and still no email. Anyway, the paper I was given had a part that said to mail it along with the other forms so I'm assuming I should be fine without the email.

The thing is, my husband's income was well past double of the poverty guidelines. I did hear of other people with the same situation where they did pass the minimum requirements and were still asked to get a joint sponsor. Anyway, I decided to just not question their decision since we had no trouble getting a joint sponsor anyway (she filled up the i-864 within a few hours after my interview).

We're just frustrated with the set back and really hoping processing won't take too long for us (I read it could take 60 days or more!?!😩). We're already losing so much time from mailing the I-864 from the US (even if it's express priority mail). I have digital copies of the missing documents (my husband scanned and emailed me copies before physically mailing the originals) and was considering printing them out and mailing them in already but I'm afraid they might want the i-864 to come with wet ink signatures and not just scanned copies.

They also requested for petitioner's birth certificate and evidence and citizenship and we decided to send in copies of both his birth cert and passport. Or do they require an original birth cert? They didn't really specify and we actually only have one original copy of his birth cert and we'd really like to hold on to it. Also, do I mail in my passport with all of these files? The instructions said something about my passport being mailed back to me with the stamp once approved and since I have my passport with me, I'm assuming that means I am to send the passport in, as well.

I'm so sorry this is so long but I have soooo many questions. I think I was so tense on interview day especially after they gave me the 221g that I missed much of the instructions. 😓😓😓

Very true .. you can't challenge the embassy.   You give them what they ask for, they give you what you are asking for.  Heck of a deal!  ;)       (just curious, is your husband self employed?)  

Hopefully you didn't actually MAIL the requested I-864 ++ ?    PhilPost is the worse for delivery, as in the letter never arrives  or is "held for ransom".    UPS/FEDEX/DHL are the recommended methods of sending important documents to the Philippines

If born in the USA  a copy of the birth certificate or BIO page of passport is adequate.   If a naturalized U.S. citizen, copy of BIO page of passport will prove citizenship and birth info.  Providing both is icing on the cake.  Original not needed unless specifically stated as required..   Whatever you give the embassy you will not get back .. so don't give away originals.

Embassy did NOT keep your passport?  It was returned to you after the interview?!!    Hmm.        If you have your passport, then YES you need to return your passport with the requested documents and 221g  per their instructions.    Instructions state to  use 2GO for delivery?

Once the embassy receives all the requested documents it can take a couple weeks (or more) before they would approve your visa .. if all is satisfactory.    For most it takes roughly 2 weeks.

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

4 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Very true .. you can't challenge the embassy.   You give them what they ask for, they give you what you are asking for.  Heck of a deal!  ;)       (just curious, is your husband self employed?)  

Hopefully you didn't actually MAIL the requested I-864 ++ ?    PhilPost is the worse for delivery, as in the letter never arrives  or is "held for ransom".    UPS/FEDEX/DHL are the recommended methods of sending important documents to the Philippines

If born in the USA  a copy of the birth certificate or BIO page of passport is adequate.   If a naturalized U.S. citizen, copy of BIO page of passport will prove citizenship and birth info.  Providing both is icing on the cake.  Original not needed unless specifically stated as required..   Whatever you give the embassy you will not get back .. so don't give away originals.

Embassy did NOT keep your passport?  It was returned to you after the interview?!!    Hmm.        If you have your passport, then YES you need to return your passport with the requested documents and 221g  per their instructions.    Instructions state to  use 2GO for delivery?

Once the embassy receives all the requested documents it can take a couple weeks (or more) before they would approve your visa .. if all is satisfactory.    For most it takes roughly 2 weeks.

Heck of a deal, indeed. Basically they deal me the cards and if I want to win, I just need to play their game and give them what they want. Not self-employed, he is working as an analyst.

We looked at UPS/FEDEX/DHL and FedEx actually quoted us the best delivery time of the three. But then, their earliest guarantee was to have the document delivered by Monday of next week. Since we have a friend coming home on Tuesday, we decided to just have her bring them as it might be a more reliable way. Also, it has the added benefit of saving us US$100+ in express shipping fees.

He was born in the US. I guess our best bet is to send both. I would feel much better over-delivering and being over-prepared. Glad to know we don't need to send in the originals for the birth certificate. We definitely wouldn't want to lose what we have on hand.

They gave me back my passport. They said they were giving it back because they weren't sure how much time it would take for us to comply. And yes, ALL mailing to and from the embassy is done by 2GO (VERY big business for the Aboitiz-owned courier, for sure)

Okay. I can take 2 weeks. It's still a long time but it's MUCH better than the 60 days they stated on their website.

Timeline
55 minutes ago, L_D_R said:

Heck of a deal, indeed. Basically they deal me the cards and if I want to win, I just need to play their game and give them what they want. Not self-employed, he is working as an analyst.

We looked at UPS/FEDEX/DHL and FedEx actually quoted us the best delivery time of the three. But then, their earliest guarantee was to have the document delivered by Monday of next week. Since we have a friend coming home on Tuesday, we decided to just have her bring them as it might be a more reliable way. Also, it has the added benefit of saving us US$100+ in express shipping fees.

He was born in the US. I guess our best bet is to send both. I would feel much better over-delivering and being over-prepared. Glad to know we don't need to send in the originals for the birth certificate. We definitely wouldn't want to lose what we have on hand.

They gave me back my passport. They said they were giving it back because they weren't sure how much time it would take for us to comply. And yes, ALL mailing to and from the embassy is done by 2GO (VERY big business for the Aboitiz-owned courier, for sure)

Okay. I can take 2 weeks. It's still a long time but it's MUCH better than the 60 days they stated on their website.

Thanks for sharing some of your visa adventure.  

Ah you have a friend carrying the documents to the Philippines .. much better.  When you mentioned mail I had some very bad visioned leap into my head.

I do find some of the documents the embassy is asking for very unusual ..  but unusual requests from the embassy are not anything new.  Just the same.   Your husband was born in the USA, he had to provide evidence of U.S. citizenship when filing the I-130 with USCIS so that evidence is part of your case file, yet here is the embassy asking again.   You husband provided his most recent tax return and W2 showing his gross income (line 22 of the 1040) (embassy does not consider assets) far exceeds the poverty guidelines, yet here again the embassy is asking for a joint sponsor.   After the interview they returned your passport, something I have never heard of except with denials.  Many people get requests for additional support evidence much like with you (only the petitioner's income doesn't meet the guidelines), yet the embassy kept their passport.   

I am just rambling some as there is so much that is out of the norm for what I have seen over the years.   Just has me shaking my head a little ...    very interesting.

OK you made me look up Aboitiz Equity Ventures .. interesting, they have a lot of holdings involving energy/electric providers, but it appears they sold their interest in 2GO back in 2010, now I see Henry Sy (SM) owns a major interest in 2GO  (as my wife would say .. it is Chinese owned now).

I have drifted off topic.

I wish everything get completed quickly for you and soon you are with your husband.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

It really does seem strange that they are asking for a co-sponsor when the husband exceeds the minimum.  Also agree that the passport copy and proof of citizenship were required in the I-130.  This all seems strange and I am following closely as we are in the midst of our CR-1 wait for NOA2.  I hope this all goes well but it seems out of the ordinary.  Are there other people who are dependents on his tax return.  Maybe he meets the requirement for 2 but not for all his dependents.  

I am following closely.  Maybe this should be a new thread instead of a piggyback.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 hours ago, Hank_ said:

I do find some of the documents the embassy is asking for very unusual ..  but unusual requests from the embassy are not anything new.  Just the same.   Your husband was born in the USA, he had to provide evidence of U.S. citizenship when filing the I-130 with USCIS so that evidence is part of your case file, yet here is the embassy asking again.   You husband provided his most recent tax return and W2 showing his gross income (line 22 of the 1040) (embassy does not consider assets) far exceeds the poverty guidelines, yet here again the embassy is asking for a joint sponsor.   After the interview they returned your passport, something I have never heard of except with denials.  Many people get requests for additional support evidence much like with you (only the petitioner's income doesn't meet the guidelines), yet the embassy kept their passport.   

I am just rambling some as there is so much that is out of the norm for what I have seen over the years.   Just has me shaking my head a little ...    very interesting.

I wish everything get completed quickly for you and soon you are with your husband.

Yes, that sort of confused us, as well. Everything had been checked by NVC/USCIS before our case reached the Embassy so we did not expect the stuff they required from us as they seemed a little redundant. The lady behind the counter who issued me the 221g actually explained to me that she was giving me back my passport because she wasn't sure how long it would take me to comply with the additional documents she was going to require from me, which i guess makes sense as I've read on other forums of people taking months to find someone to co-sponsor for them. She then directed me to another counter where she said someone else would explain to me what I would need to do next. Sadly, the lady at the next counter was not very helpful or compassionate. As I (in my befuddled & panicked state) tried to make sense of things and asked her questions, she seemed exasperated at having to address questions that she probably had already heard countless times that day. So that's how I ended up finding my way around through this forum.

I hope everything goes smoothly after this and my husband and I are reunited soon.

Edited by L_D_R

58 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

It really does seem strange that they are asking for a co-sponsor when the husband exceeds the minimum.  Also agree that the passport copy and proof of citizenship were required in the I-130.  This all seems strange and I am following closely as we are in the midst of our CR-1 wait for NOA2.  I hope this all goes well but it seems out of the ordinary.  Are there other people who are dependents on his tax return.  Maybe he meets the requirement for 2 but not for all his dependents.  

I am following closely.  Maybe this should be a new thread instead of a piggyback.

We thought it was redundant, as well, since his citizenship was already established when he first submitted his petition.

Also, he has no dependents. We both have never been married prior to each other. No kids, either.

Edited by L_D_R

35 minutes ago, L_D_R said:

We thought it was redundant, as well, since his citizenship was already established when he first submitted his petition.

Also, he has no dependents. We both have never been married prior to each other. No kids, either.

Wow.  I hope this is just an anomaly that will be resolved quickly.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.