Billy Joann

Scheduling interview at USEM

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have looked around the topics but am still confused.

After my fiancee pays the embassy fee at BPI can I then go online and make the interview or does she need to do that?

Thank you for any help on this.

Billy Joann, on 28 Feb 2016 - 9:32 PM, said:

I have looked around the topics but am still confused.

After my fiancee pays the embassy fee at BPI can I then go online and make the interview or does she need to do that?

Thank you for any help on this.

Either you or her can do it. It makes no difference.

I have a step by step guide for the processing through USEM. It's Free and it helps you avoid the "gotchas" Link is in my signature below at the red twisting arrow.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I did the scheduling online a while ago. Then i realized i opt to change the delivery address to "pick up" instead of home delivery.

questions:

1. How will i re-print the appointment confirmation again after changing the mode of delivery?

2. Is there really only one Barcode in the appointment confirmation such as the UID barcode? Coz ive seen one with the UID barcode and DS 160 barcode..

thanks!

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I did the scheduling online a while ago. Then i realized i opt to change the delivery address to "pick up" instead of home delivery.

questions:

1. How will i re-print the appointment confirmation again after changing the mode of delivery?

2. Is there really only one Barcode in the appointment confirmation such as the UID barcode? Coz ive seen one with the UID barcode and DS 160 barcode..

thanks!

No you do not need to re-print the confirmation. Your appointment has not changed, then you don't need a new confirmation page.

Did you complete your DS-160 before completing your appointment scheduling?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

No you do not need to re-print the confirmation. Your appointment has not changed, then you don't need a new confirmation page.

yes i did my ds 160 last february 18. yesterday i scheduled my interview.

Does DS 160 expires? because i did it last feb 18, and my interview date will be on march 28..Will it still be valid?

Timeline

Does DS 160 expires? because i did it last feb 18, and my interview date will be on march 28..Will it still be valid?

Nope the DS-160 doesn't expire. Remember you need the confirmation page from the DS-160 for the interview, plus a copy for SLEC on the 2nd day of the medical.

You will be fine, follow the embassy instructions letter.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Nope the DS-160 doesn't expire. Remember you need the confirmation page from the DS-160 for the interview, plus a copy for SLEC on the 2nd day of the medical.

You will be fine, follow the embassy instructions letter.

Thanks! im afraid i might need to do a third DS 160 if it has an expiration. Because i had it done twice due to errors.

Oh, i have to bring a copy too on my second day of medical? Glad you mentioned it. thank you hank!

• 6 months later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Hank_!

I wonder if you could help me with the same issue about only having the UID barcode on interview appointment confirmation page. Mine also does not have the DS-160 barcode, and I think I was never asked for one anytime or anywhere during the online appointment setting. Is this an issue? Thank you in advance.

I checked Amythyst88's VJ timeline and it shows she was approved during the interview, but I don't want to assume right away as it is possible she did something so that the DS-160 barcode will appear on the page. I hope you could shed some light on this. Thank you!

======================

FOR K-1

Filed: 2016-07-08

Approved: 2016-09-12

Interview: 2016-11-03

US Entry: 2017-02-03

FOR AOS/EAD/AP

Filed: 2017-04-03

NOA1 Date: 2017-04-12

Bio. Appt: 2017-05-03

RFE: None

EAD/AP Approved: 2017-07-25

EAD/AP Card Received: 2017-07-31

RFE: None

AOS Interview Date: None

AOS Approved: 2018-03-17

Green Card Received: 2018-03-23

Hi Hank_!

I wonder if you could help me with the same issue about only having the UID barcode on interview appointment confirmation page. Mine also does not have the DS-160 barcode, and I think I was never asked for one anytime or anywhere during the online appointment setting. Is this an issue? Thank you in advance.

I checked Amythyst88's VJ timeline and it shows she was approved during the interview, but I don't want to assume right away as it is possible she did something so that the DS-160 barcode will appear on the page. I hope you could shed some light on this. Thank you!

When setting the appointment the DS-160 barcode is not asked for. The bar-code on the DS-160 is only needed at the interview. If you completed the DS-160 then at the end it would have given you a chance to print off the confirmation page of the DS-160. Did you do that?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Hi Hank_!

There will only be one bar code on the interview confirmation page. You need to print out a separate confirmation page for the DS-160 .. you will need a couple copies of the confirmation page for the DS-160 as USEM and SLEC will both want one.

You won't be asked for bar codes when scheduling the interview. You will need confirmation pages from both the interview and DS-160 at the embassy.

Visa chase and citizenship.. DONE!

For helpful information  gif animation     CLICK HERE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.