Quatemok

NVC says :"case completed...embassy has to schedule your interview"

11 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Dear all,

Since January 26th the NVC told me that my case is completed.

I called them every day to know when I will have the interview but they always say that "the embassy has to schedule my interview..."

so please correct me if i wrong: The embassy gives to the NVC some days to schedule my interview...but...when do the embassy gives them the available days..??? when do i should be notified?? The NVC says that each month they give them days...

Please would be so nice to explain to me the process? The NVC don´t explain to me anything at all..

Pd: My interview will be in Madrid, Spain.

Thank you for your help and time.

Regards,

Jose

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Dear all,

Since January 26th the NVC told me that my case is completed.

I called them every day to know when I will have the interview but they always say that "the embassy has to schedule my interview..."

so please correct me if i wrong: The embassy gives to the NVC some days to schedule my interview...but...when do the embassy gives them the available days..??? when do i should be notified?? The NVC says that each month they give them days...

Please would be so nice to explain to me the process? The NVC don´t explain to me anything at all..

Pd: My interview will be in Madrid, Spain.

Thank you for your help and time.

Regards,

Jose

The embassy has slots they have for visa types. They send the calendar of opening slots to NVC. NVC starts filling slots in Case Complete order. You are waiting for scheduling when that will take or if you will get a March date is unknown. All you can do is wait.

What NVC probably is referring to is waiting on the calendar of slots from Embassy. But NVC schedules and sends out the Interview letter.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The embassy has slots they have for visa types. They send the calendar of opening slots to NVC. NVC starts filling slots in Case Complete order. You are waiting for scheduling when that will take or if you will get a March date is unknown. All you can do is wait.

What NVC probably is referring to is waiting on the calendar of slots from Embassy. But NVC schedules and sends out the Interview letter.

Hi dwheels76, you mention that the embassy has slots they have for Visa Types. My Case for an Immigrant Visa became complete at the NVC on Jan 20th and still i have not received an Interview date. Looking at the Case Complete to interview spreadsheet for my country i can see a lot of people that had their case completed on or after the date that mine was complete receive an Interview date. i have called the NVC and they still say that no Interview date has been arranged.

The only thing that distinguishes me from others is that mine is an Employment based Petition. Do you think my delay in getting an interview could be that they have a set number of slots available for Employment based Immigrant petitions and a different number of slots available for family based petitions?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi dwheels76, you mention that the embassy has slots they have for Visa Types. My Case for an Immigrant Visa became complete at the NVC on Jan 20th and still i have not received an Interview date. Looking at the Case Complete to interview spreadsheet for my country i can see a lot of people that had their case completed on or after the date that mine was complete receive an Interview date. i have called the NVC and they still say that no Interview date has been arranged.

The only thing that distinguishes me from others is that mine is an Employment based Petition. Do you think my delay in getting an interview could be that they have a set number of slots available for Employment based Immigrant petitions and a different number of slots available for family based petitions?

Visa type has everyting to do with how many slots a embassy will allow. I would gather work visa is not so many. Not the same as immediate family visas.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline

Visa type has everyting to do with how many slots a embassy will allow. I would gather work visa is not so many. Not the same as immediate family visas.

Thanks, makes sense as to why i have yet to be allocated an interview date yet compared to others on here that seem to have Completed before or after me. My Visa Class is E2.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was told that was the case, I had similar information from the NVC about my case complete in Jan 22nd, but I'm waiting on getting a "slot" for an interview for my immigrant visa category in Montreal, Canada.

Some categories get their dates within a few days or a week, and it seems like others can take a month.

Hollywood North

Former: TN1, H1B, O1 worker

Currently: FB-1: I-551 approved in MTL 04/04/16. Issued 04/06/16.

Timeline

I was told that was the case, I had similar information from the NVC about my case complete in Jan 22nd, but I'm waiting on getting a "slot" for an interview for my immigrant visa category in Montreal, Canada.

Some categories get their dates within a few days or a week, and it seems like others can take a month.

Out of interest was yours an employment based petition as well?

• 1 year later...
Filed: E-2 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 2/14/2016 at 8:34 PM, FUBU05 said:

Out of interest was yours an employment based petition as well?

Hi Fubu05, I am in a similar situation, have been told by NVC that the embassy has to request my EB2 category and that there are limited slots in this category so it might take a while! Btw how was your interview experience? Would you mind sharing the questions ... Thnx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
15 minutes ago, bk123 said:

Hi Fubu05, I am in a similar situation, have been told by NVC that the embassy has to request my EB2 category and that there are limited slots in this category so it might take a while! Btw how was your interview experience? Would you mind sharing the questions ... Thnx

Are you waiting for a lsot in dakar  ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.