5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

This is a re-post. I am hoping someone can advise on what I should do.

I became a lawful permanent resident in the US 4 months ago but I still haven't received the physical card. I am using the I-551 stamp on my passport.

I paid the $165 GC fee and received an IOE receipt number which does not show up on USCIS. I went to an USCIS office using infopass and they sent an email out to the service center to enquire about my GC status. Since then I haven't heard back.

Should I file form I-90 and pay the $450 fee? Should I wait? Or is there another option?

Thanks and appreciate any advice.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Mine arrived after 8 month. Just wait for it as long as the USCIS said there is no problems with your case.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Call them toll-free at 1-800-375-5283 and ask for an update. Have your IOE receipt number ready.

I just did, and found out that it's taken six weeks after I paid the GC fee with a credit card for the fee to be "received" by USCIS -- even though I got a confirmation receipt. Now I'm to wait another 60 days for the card to be produced.

I have no idea what the $450 fee is for. Not paying these sloths an extra dime!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Thanks for your response.

I already called the 1-800 number. They escalated me to the second level representative since its been 4 months since I haven't received my GC in the mail. I gave them my IOE number but they cant find the case (it doesn't show up on USCIS case status either). I also went to an infopass appointment in Jan and the rep there thought it was unusual that I haven't received my card yet despite paying the GC fee months before I entered the US and having an IOE number. She emailed to a different department with my I-551 stamp that has my entry date and told me I should get it in Feb.

Will be going again for another infopass appointment but I am not sure if that will help.....is there another way to push my case along? Or do I actually have to wait 8 months? Its unusual that USCIS can't find my case even though I have an IOE number.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your response.

I already called the 1-800 number. They escalated me to the second level representative since its been 4 months since I haven't received my GC in the mail. I gave them my IOE number but they cant find the case (it doesn't show up on USCIS case status either). I also went to an infopass appointment in Jan and the rep there thought it was unusual that I haven't received my card yet despite paying the GC fee months before I entered the US and having an IOE number. She emailed to a different department with my I-551 stamp that has my entry date and told me I should get it in Feb.

Will be going again for another infopass appointment but I am not sure if that will help.....is there another way to push my case along? Or do I actually have to wait 8 months? Its unusual that USCIS can't find my case even though I have an IOE number.

Any update on this, please? I still haven't received my green card after four months and USCIS keeps saying everything is OK haha. And they keep shifting my expected date of receiving the card -- first it was early April, now its June!

Edited by afrocraft

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.