monito11

K3 Spouse Visa Help!!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I am confused. I thought your wife would still be able to visit you while you are in the process. why was she denied entry?

It was because on our way back from Mexico to the US not knowing the process we mention that we were married and they stopped her at the border. The customs officer said that she could no longer come in to the US with her tourist visa since we are married and that I had to do a petition for spouse.

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

It was because on our way back from Mexico to the US not knowing the process we mention that we were married and they stopped her at the border. The customs officer said that she could no longer come in to the US with her tourist visa since we are married and that I had to do a petition for spouse.

but now that you are in the process she can now enter into the US with her visitor visa?

AOS

April 04, 2016 - Married

June 07, 2016 - Mailed I-130, I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131

June 09, 2016 - Package received USPS (Day 0)

June 17, 2016- Checks cashed (Day 😎

June 21, 2016 -Email and text conformation (Day 12)

June 24, 2016- Hardcopy NOA received (Day 15)

July 01, 2016- Received biometrics letter appointment set for July 11 (Day 22)

July 11, 2016- Biometrics completed (Day 32)

July 26, 2016- All Case Numbers start working on USCIS Case Status Webpage (Day 47)

August 1, 2016- Case is ready to be schedule for interview (Day 53)

August 8, 2016- AOS interview letter by mail. Interview date October 18 (Day 60)

September 2, 2016- Hardcopy of Advance parole and employment authorization approval received (Day 85)

September 3, 2016- Received EAD Advance Parole combo card in the mail (Day 86)

October 18, 2016- Had interview IO said we were approved. (Day 131)

November 7, 2016- Received AOS approval letter in the mail. (Day 151)

November 10, 2016- Received Green Card in the mail. (Day 154)

ROC

July 23, 2018- ROC package sent USPS to CSC.

July 26, 2018- ROC package received at CSC.

August 11, 2018-NOA received. 

July 18, 2019 Biometrics appointment.

September 19, 2019 Received RFE.

September 23, 2019 mailed back requested information from RFE

September 26, 2019 requested information from RFE was received at CSC

October 25, 2019 received green card.

Timeline

but now that you are in the process she can now enter into the US with her visitor visa?

No, she can't they revoked it. :cry: She needs to wait until all this process is finalize.

Edited by monito11

Timeline

No, she can't they revoked it. :cry: She needs to wait until all this process is finalize.

I am sorry for asking so many questions. So after I marry in Mexico I have to return alone to the US to start the process My wife will not be able to visit me until she gets her LPR card?

AOS

April 04, 2016 - Married

July 26, 2016- All Case Numbers start working on USCIS Case Status Webpage (Day 47)

August 8, 2016- AOS interview letter by mail. Interview date October 18 (Day 60)

September 2, 2016- Hardcopy of Advance parole and employment authorization approval received (Day 85)

ROC

Timeline

I am sorry for asking so many questions. So after I marry in Mexico I have to return alone to the US to start the process My wife will not be able to visit me until she gets her LPR card?

Please don't be sorry, I myself am like you still asking a lot questions. Does your fiancee have a tourist visa? if she does I would recommend you guys to come separate and don't even mention nothing in the border that you are married. DON'T do the same mistake I did.

Timeline

Please don't be sorry, I myself am like you still asking a lot questions. Does your fiancee have a tourist visa? if she does I would recommend you guys to come separate and don't even mention nothing in the border that you are married. DON'T do the same mistake I did. Thank

Thank you so much for your help. Yes she has a tourist visa and she visits me. When she crosses alone she has no trouble. When she crosses with me we are asked a lot of questions and have to go to secondary inspection but we are always allowed across. We always say we are only friends. I just want to know if she can still visit while we are married and while we apply for the visa process.

AOS

April 04, 2016 - Married

ROC

Timeline

Thank you so much for your help. Yes she has a tourist visa and she visits me. When she crosses alone she has no trouble. When she crosses with me we are asked a lot of questions and have to go to secondary inspection but we are always allowed across. We always say we are only friends. I just want to know if she can still visit while we are married and while we apply for the visa process.

You are very welcome, my pleasure. I understand that you always want to be close to her and make sure she's ok while she's crossing the border. Customs officers don't care and sad thing is that they have the power to take away her visa without any argument. So be smart and also don't make so obvious on how many times she comes and visit you, because they have ways of tracking her how many times she's being coming into the US and that could be also a RED FLAG!!!

If you're married, dating, or engaged but claiming just to be friends you are lying to the CBP and they can ban the immigrant for material misrepresentation. Up to a lifetime ban. Stop lying.

They can revoke the priviledge of visiting the USA.

Edited by NLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

If you're married, dating, or engaged but claiming just to be friends you are lying to the CBP and they can ban the immigrant for material misrepresentation. Up to a lifetime ban. Stop lying.

They can revoke the priviledge of visiting the USA.

So what did Monito11 do wrong? He told the truth and they took his spouse's visa away. I will marry soon and I want my soon to be wife to visit me when she is my wife while I do the CR-1 visa process.

AOS

April 04, 2016 - Married

ROC

So what did Monito11 do wrong? He told the truth and they took his spouse's visa away. I will marry soon and I want my soon to be wife to visit me when she is my wife while I do the CR-1 visa process.

They did nothing wrong. It just is what it is. I was replying to your post where you stated your girlfriend/fiancee(?) states you guys are just friends. You can't do that. You're obviously more than friends.

When I visited my husband I stated "I am visiting my husband." That's what I was doing. The burden was on ME to prove to the CBP that I would return back home. I had a letter from my employer stating when I was due back from my full time job where I was a supervisor. I brought proof of my lease. I stayed short trips with return tickets and didn't try to drive. My visits were no longer than 10 days. Granted it's an 18 hour drive from where I lived in Canada, so flying was certainly the better choice.

If the CBP think the person is trying to stay, they can deny entry. Simple as that. That doesn't mean they can't try again if they still have a visitor visa, but it also means they should think about why they were denied entry. Don't lie. Keep trips short. Have return tickets if flying or proof of when you need to return home.

Always remember that a non-USC has zero right to visit the USA. It's a privilege to visit and immigrate here. The only people that have a right to the USA are US citizens.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

They did nothing wrong. It just is what it is. I was replying to your post where you stated your girlfriend/fiancee(?) states you guys are just friends. You can't do that. You're obviously more than friends.

When I visited my husband I stated "I am visiting my husband." That's what I was doing. The burden was on ME to prove to the CBP that I would return back home. I had a letter from my employer stating when I was due back from my full time job where I was a supervisor. I brought proof of my lease. I stayed short trips with return tickets and didn't try to drive. My visits were no longer than 10 days. Granted it's an 18 hour drive from where I lived in Canada, so flying was certainly the better choice.

If the CBP think the person is trying to stay, they can deny entry. Simple as that. That doesn't mean they can't try again if they still have a visitor visa, but it also means they should think about why they were denied entry. Don't lie. Keep trips short. Have return tickets if flying or proof of when you need to return home.

Always remember that a non-USC has zero right to visit the USA. It's a privilege to visit and immigrate here. The only people that have a right to the USA are US citizens.

So when my wife crosses she will say she is visiting her husband and if she shows proof that she will return home she should be okay to visit me? Does showing any proof of the CR-1 visa being in process matter? She will always walk or drive across the border. She would visit me only for the weekend every weekend.

AOS

April 04, 2016 - Married

ROC

It's always dependent on the CBP officer who is interviewing her for entry. She should bring the proof and present it if asked. She should answer any questions truthfully and concisely (just answer what is asked, don't babble.)

No one can tell you it will always be okay.

Timeline

It's always dependent on the CBP officer who is interviewing her for entry. She should bring the proof and present it if asked. She should answer any questions truthfully and concisely (just answer what is asked, don't babble.)

No one can tell you it will always be okay.

Thank you all for your replies. This will definitely be a learning experience. I hope to use this site to help me through our visa journey.

AOS

April 04, 2016 - Married

ROC

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.