monito11

K3 Spouse Visa Help!!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Good day everyone,

I just got married last Jan 2, 2016 in Mexico. As soon as I came back from Mexico I started petition. I submitted the I-130, G235a, G1145, my birth certificate, passport pictures marriage license and my fee to the Arizona LockBox. 5 days later I received by mail the I797c. The next day I submitted the I-129f K3 Petition with the I797c that I received to the Nebraska office. I got email confirmation that it was received and I should be getting another notice by mail a I797. So my questions if anyone can relate and help and advice to make sure that I'm doing it right and what happens next after I get the I797. Do I have to just wait until it gets approved and they send it to the NVC then to the embassy in Mexico or is there other documents that I need to submit while that is being process?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Congratulations on the wedding. :) They don't really do K-3 visas anymore so it will probably going to be a CR-1 visa. But there are many in here that can help you with lots of info.

Edited by Georgia16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Good day everyone,

I just got married last Jan 2, 2016 in Mexico. As soon as I came back from Mexico I started petition. I submitted the I-130, G235a, G1145, my birth certificate, passport pictures marriage license and my fee to the Arizona LockBox. 5 days later I received by mail the I797c. The next day I submitted the I-129f K3 Petition with the I797c that I received to the Nebraska office. I got email confirmation that it was received and I should be getting another notice by mail a I797. So my questions if anyone can relate and help and advice to make sure that I'm doing it right and what happens next after I get the I797. Do I have to just wait until it gets approved and they send it to the NVC then to the embassy in Mexico or is there other documents that I need to submit while that is being process?

They will notify you for the steps you need to take in the next process you can also check your case status online. If any documents are missing they will send a another notice "RFE" request for evidence and once you provide everything they will send the file to mexico consulate and after that interview will be scheduled.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I also was doing the K-3 and K-4 Visa but since the I-130 got approved at the same time as the K-3 and K-4 The I-130 is the one that they work with.. the I-129F was dropped even though mine got approved and sent to the NVC. I called and asked about it and they told me that since the I-130 was approved they are working on that one..
Best wishes on your marriage and Good luck with this process.. :)

Timeline

Thank you!!

I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything correct. My question if I don't get any RFE notices that means that my case is moving forward. So should I just wait until it gets approved and they send it to the NVC then to the embassy in Mexico. I believe that they are other forms that I need to fill out and give to my wife for her interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

They will let you know when its approved at USCIS.. Then once it's at NVC You need to call and find out infor but do not call about 2 weeks after it says its approved.. I called after 2 weeks and got my case number then the welcome letter.. It explains everything in the letter.. You should also try Visa Journey they have amazing Wiki and information you can get help. Also the Immigration website http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html..

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I also was doing the K-3 and K-4 Visa but since the I-130 got approved at the same time as the K-3 and K-4 The I-130 is the one that they work with.. the I-129F was dropped even though mine got approved and sent to the NVC. I called and asked about it and they told me that since the I-130 was approved they are working on that one..

Best wishes on your marriage and Good luck with this process.. :)

So now u r K3 will be changing to cr1

Timeline

My wife had a visitors visa but they revoked it at the border and denied her entry since we were now married. They told me that I had to do a spousal petition which I'm doing now. My question is since she already had a visa would that help expedite the process since she's already in their system, or that really doesn't matter? Have anyone dealt with this type of situation?

They will let you know when its approved at USCIS.. Then once it's at NVC You need to call and find out infor but do not call about 2 weeks after it says its approved.. I called after 2 weeks and got my case number then the welcome letter.. It explains everything in the letter.. You should also try Visa Journey they have amazing Wiki and information you can get help. Also the Immigration website http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en.html..

Thank you,

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The previous tourist visa won't matter; the spousal visa process will take about a year.

Our Guides here will tell you what forms and documents you need when: http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Yes it has and we are at NVC and just gathering the things they require and handing in soon.. :clock:

Just to double check you also had an I-130 for the child needing the K4 correct?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Thank you!!

I just want to make sure that I'm doing everything correct. My question if I don't get any RFE notices that means that my case is moving forward. So should I just wait until it gets approved and they send it to the NVC then to the embassy in Mexico. I believe that they are other forms that I need to fill out and give to my wife for her interview.

Hi, I applied for the k3 and the CR1, I never got the K3...if you need help or need some more information I have a blog in spanish where I explain all the process and answer questions plus you can see my timeline, I hope it helps...Good Luck

https://volandoporamor.wordpress.com/

NOA1...........................August 30th, 2013

NOA2...........................April 15th, 2014

uscis sent my case......April 21th

NVC got my case.........May 2nd

Case Number & INN.....May 27th

DS261 Completed.......June 4th

AOS fee paid.............. June 5th

AOS pack sent............June7th

AOS pack scanned.....June13th

IV pack resent.............July 18th (we sent it one week after aos pack but mail retorned to my husband office)

IV pack scanned.........July 21th

IV fee paid...................July 23th

DS260 Completed.......July 24th

AOS checklist..............July 25th

Checklist correction....July 26th

Checklist scan............July 31th

2nd Checklist and Ds260 accepted...September 12th

2nd Checklist correction.....................September 15th

2nd Checklist scan.............................September 18th

My husband talked with the senator.......September 19th

Senador got all our papers....................September 26th

Got expedited email from NVC...............September 30th..... I was in shock :shocked:

My case is at the Embassy (NVC website: READY)........October 10th

Got the interview day by email....................................October 17th

Medical exam............................................November 18th

INTERVIEW DAY.............DECEMBER 1st, 2014 :dancing: APROVED!!!!

GREEN CARD ON HANDS........MAY 2015.........I HAVE A BLOG IN SPANISH EXPLAINING ALL THE CR1 PROCESS https://volandoporamor.wordpress.com/

ROC

Package sent..........November 5, 2016

Package Receive.....November 12, 2016

NOA1.......................November 14, 2016

NOA1 letter received...November 21, 2016

Biometrics Appointment...December 9, 2016

I125 Stamp......February 26, 2018 (for one year)

Case received at local office....February 26, 2018

ROC Approved....Aphril 27, 2018

Received card on mail....May 12, 2018.....one day after my 5 years wedding Anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife had a visitors visa but they revoked it at the border and denied her entry since we were now married. They told me that I had to do a spousal petition which I'm doing now. My question is since she already had a visa would that help expedite the process since she's already in their system, or that really doesn't matter? Have anyone dealt with this type of situation?

Thank you,

I am confused. I thought your wife would still be able to visit you while you are in the process. why was she denied entry?

AOS

April 04, 2016 - Married

June 07, 2016 - Mailed I-130, I-864, I-485, I-765, I-131

June 09, 2016 - Package received USPS (Day 0)

June 17, 2016- Checks cashed (Day 😎

June 21, 2016 -Email and text conformation (Day 12)

June 24, 2016- Hardcopy NOA received (Day 15)

July 01, 2016- Received biometrics letter appointment set for July 11 (Day 22)

July 11, 2016- Biometrics completed (Day 32)

July 26, 2016- All Case Numbers start working on USCIS Case Status Webpage (Day 47)

August 1, 2016- Case is ready to be schedule for interview (Day 53)

August 8, 2016- AOS interview letter by mail. Interview date October 18 (Day 60)

September 2, 2016- Hardcopy of Advance parole and employment authorization approval received (Day 85)

September 3, 2016- Received EAD Advance Parole combo card in the mail (Day 86)

October 18, 2016- Had interview IO said we were approved. (Day 131)

November 7, 2016- Received AOS approval letter in the mail. (Day 151)

November 10, 2016- Received Green Card in the mail. (Day 154)

ROC

July 23, 2018- ROC package sent USPS to CSC.

July 26, 2018- ROC package received at CSC.

August 11, 2018-NOA received. 

July 18, 2019 Biometrics appointment.

September 19, 2019 Received RFE.

September 23, 2019 mailed back requested information from RFE

September 26, 2019 requested information from RFE was received at CSC

October 25, 2019 received green card.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.