Jenvds

212 (a)(7)(a)(i)(i) not deported or removed

48 posts in this topic

I see other people post that they were either "removed" or "voluntarily withdrew". In the signature section of the paperwork given to him it uses neither of these terms. It just says "found inadmissible... Weak ties... Will not be allowed to enter without a valid non immigrant or immigrant visa"

The officers said this would not affect our application for a k1 or cr1 visa, but they have been known to say things that are not factual.

He was found inadmissible to enter the U.S. as a non-immigrant because he could not show strong ties to his home country - CBP found it more likely that he would try to to remain in the U.S. rather than return home. In essence, they found it likely that he would enter the U.S., marry you and then file for adjustment of status while in the U.S. While this is legal, you can't enter as a non-immigrant with the intent to stay.

CR-1 is an immigrant visa (K-1 is technically as well), he can't be denied for having intent to stay (that's the point of an immigrant visa), and he did nothing illegal - immigrant intent was only presumed.

Edited by JayJayH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

One of my VJ friends were in the same boat as your husband. He flew over on the VWP to visit his husband, denied entry at POE because CBP thought he was coming to stay and was sent back to Sweden on a later flight.

He now has his CR-1 visa and moved over to the US about two months ago. His denied entry at POE was never brought up at the interview and he didn't need any waiver so don't worry about it.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Im sorry to say but the officers were really nice to me too, they even bought from they cards food for me and my kids and... I swear to God that I heard the same thing: as you are a nice person we will give you the smaller harsh.

I didn't refused myself to leave, and the only thing that now I know that it happened, I could ask to fill a form to reapply right over.

They told me that they put me this ban (yes, this numbers, if you look at USCIS is a ban of 5 years), because they thought that I was an immigrant without an immigration visa and I have no inadmissibility.

I contacted more than 1 lawyer and all of them told me the same: do an I-212 which is just a permit to reapply for a new visa.

And just one thing more: until now my lawyer has been nice and I just pay him after the results, and all the fees my husband pay directly to USCIS, so I hardly believe that I'm in a scam.

I hope you will be able to do the best, OP!

And I'll keep my advice: consult more than 1 lawyer and look for your fiance records at USCIS.

Good luck! And if there's anything else that I can do, you can contact me ok?

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Im sorry to say but the officers were really nice to me too, they even bought from they cards food for me and my kids

Interesting, you never mentioned the kids before. Were they with you the first 9 months you were here, or did you go back, scoop them up, and try to re-enter.

The real story is really starting to flesh out here.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Interesting, you never mentioned the kids before. Were they with you the first 9 months you were here, or did you go back, scoop them up, and try to re-enter.

Why you are so interested in my story? Are you going to help me? If you want to know more, send me a prived message. I'll be glad to answer all your doubts. I don't want to change the subject here at this discussion, ok? Thank you! :)

Oh and I forgot one thing! If you read my messages all around as you are so interested, you will know about my kids! ;)

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am in the same boat here... Visa was cancelled under the same 212(a)(7)(A)(i) plus additional 22 cfr 41.122(h)(3). And I was offered to withdraw application and then was sent back to homeland.

Also there should be signature on visa like "cancelled with (or without)prejudice" - which should make some sense, don't know exact difference yet, but heard that "with" is worse...

Almost 5 years had past from that bad day. And back in previous summer I applied for new B1/B2 and has been rejected under 214b.

Sad situation, got in trouble by stupid way. Can't visit my aunt uncle cousins and three nephews... all my relatives from father side is in States.

ps. Thanks to mr.JayJayH for help!

I am in the same boat here... Visa was cancelled under the same 212(a)(7)(A)(i) plus additional 22 cfr 41.122(h)(3). And I was offered to withdraw application and then was sent back to homeland.

Also there should be signature on visa like "cancelled with (or without)prejudice" - which should make some sense, don't know exact difference yet, but heard that "with" is worse...

Almost 5 years had past from that bad day. And back in previous summer I applied for new B1/B2 and has been rejected under 214b.

Sad situation, got in trouble by stupid way. Can't visit my aunt uncle cousins and three nephews... all my relatives from father side is in States.

ps. Thanks to mr.JayJayH for help!

What was the 22 cfr....?

It makes sense (although still painful I know) that a b1 or b2 would be denied because the cancellation of the visa was for suspected immigration intent and the b class visas aren't immigrant visas. But the cr1 is.

Thank you everyone for your advice! I feel much more relaxed about it now. Our case was very straightforward and no other notations or penalties or issues surrounded the incident. I can sit back and I'm pretty confident we won't need the i-212. But if we do then I know where to come for more help with it!

Married in Barbados: June 10 2015

***USCIS***

Jul 20 2015: Lawyer Mailed I-130 Packet to Chicago lockbox

Aug 7 2015: I-130 NOA1 (California!!!)

Nov 17 2015: I-130 approved (102 days since NOA1)

***NVC***

Nov 25 2015: NVC received our file

Dec 11 2015: NVC case # assigned

Dec 14 2015: AOS & IV billed (same time as we have lawyer)

Dec 14 2015: Received email with case number and invoice number

Dec 15 2015: Paid AOS & IV Fees

Dec 20 2015: Fees show as "paid".

Dec 20 2015: Email expedite request (financial & medical)

Dec 31 2015: Email from NVC. EXPEDITE APPROVED!

Jan 8 2016: Mailed AOS & IV packets

Jan 11 2016: Packets delivered to NVC & marked "in transit" to consulate!

Jan 12 2016: CEAC status "READY"!

Jan 14 2016: DHL tracking shows file" delivered"

Jan 16 2016: Appointment letter (pkt4) Feb 16!!!

Feb 9 2016: Medical

Feb 16 2016: Interview/Approved!!!!

Feb 17 2016: Issued!

Feb 29 2016: POE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Together! <3

ROC

Feb 22 2018: ROC packet sent

Feb 26 2018: USPS confirmed delivery

Mar 10 2018: NOA1 dated March 6 2018

Filed: Timeline

if you had been expeditiously removed, you would have received an I-275, and there would have been a box checked under 'INA Sect 235' along with either a 5, 10 or 20 year ban imposed (box checked here as well)....that would make you inadmissible for that period of time.....but this does not sound like what happened to you...it sounds like you were 'sent home' (not admitted), your B2 visa cancelled because CBP believed you were an arriving immigrant without an immigrant visa....which normally isn't huge deal (though your chances of getting another B2 in the future will be slim indeed)...the refusal code you got is sort of like CBP's version of '214b'

the lawyer, however, who is (or has) about to take money to produce a letter for an unnecessary I-212 should be disbarred....talk about a lack of ethics (nothing new in the field of immigration law!)....remember, immigration attorneys are parasites, much like TV evangelists....they both promise things they cannot deliver (visas or a front row seat in heaven) while fleecing their flock (or clients) along the way.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What was the 22 cfr....?

It makes sense (although still painful I know) that a b1 or b2 would be denied because the cancellation of the visa was for suspected immigration intent and the b class visas aren't immigrant visas. But the cr1 is.

Thank you everyone for your advice! I feel much more relaxed about it now. Our case was very straightforward and no other notations or penalties or issues surrounded the incident. I can sit back and I'm pretty confident we won't need the i-212. But if we do then I know where to come for more help with it!

I believe you'll be fine, you just need to apply for the appropriate visa and you two should be set.

November 14th, 2013: She's here!

December 12th, 2013: Picked up marriage license.

December 14th, 2013: Wedding

6gai.jpg

CR-1 is an immigrant visa (K-1 is technically as well)

You are mistaken. A CR-1 is an immigrant visa; a K-1 is a nonimmigrant visa which permits immigrant intent.

An immigrant visa = a visa which automatically grants LPR status upon entry. A K-1 does not do that.

Edited by Hypnos

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.